Two-level ceilings for the living room of plasterboard, photos of which are in great abundance decorate the sites of construction companies, it is quite possible to make yourself. After all, such a versatile and affordable material, like drywall helps to embody the most non-trivial design idea. In order to radically transform the most ordinary apartment, it is necessary to have plasterboard sheets, metal profiles and desire.
Ideas of two-level ceilings for a living room made of plasterboard, photo options
Design fantasy has no boundaries. Who could only 10-15 years ago predict that “Roman” molding is not at all the limit of the scenery for ceilings. It was impossible to imagine that it was easy to “transfer” the image of the sky to any ceiling, creating the illusion of the presence of clouds or a star arch overhead, that it could look multicolored and thematic, and not just a white square, that an “uneven ceiling” would mean not allowed in the work of marriage, and multilevel.
Modern renovation necessarily involves paying enough attention to the ceiling and presents a host of options for improving the living room by constructing a ceiling from a plasterboard and decorating it. Suspended structures made of plasterboard differ in a variety of shapes and patterns, the number of decorative elements and the type of lighting:
- laconic two-level plasterboard ceilings for the living room, the photos of which are distinguished by clearly marked lines, are made in the high-tech style. Typically, designers want to highlight the perimeter, or to focus on some of the corners, outlining the desired object with straight or wavy contours. Moreover, in this place localized spotlights;
- elegant frilly ceilings with the decor beyond the ordinary, but also not reaching excessive. On such ceilings there can be modeling, different types of décor can be combined, or several shades of color. The elegance and originality of such a living room can give a certain theme, which is accentuated on the ceiling zone: floristic motifs, yin and yang, arches, jaggedness, transitivity of zones with different lighting (when one pattern becomes a continuation for another, but somewhat different stylistically or intensity of the lighting organization) ;
- ceiling, rolling “floor” – one of the most original solutions. His main idea is one element that unites the space between the floor and the two-level ceiling. This may be a block that divides the living room into zones, located in the center of the ceiling and descending to the floor. Not bad looks in the interior figured naddvernaya arch, which is a descending part of the ceiling. Remarkable and niche for the TV, which is made in the form of a wavy or strict element emerging from the floor. He reaches the ceiling and “dissolves” in it.
Plasterboard ceilings for the living room, the photos of which depict any non-standard ideas, make the interior of this room unique.
Helpful advice! If your apartment is located in the usual panel high-rise building, then do not get too carried away, creating a lot of levels. To update the view of the apartment, two is enough. Otherwise, the ceiling can get too low and hanging.
It does not matter how many levels the gypsum ceiling will have. The principle of their construction is always the same. The only difference is in the final decoration and design. Well, the more levels and decorative elements, the more labor and material will have to spend. Before you start installing the ceiling with two levels, you need to estimate the height of the room. Two levels will take at least 10 – 15 cm, so if such losses are significant, then the idea is better to give up.
If the “native” ceiling is fairly smooth, then the second level can be mounted directly on it. This will save space. The more complicated the conceived construction, the more accurately you need to do the calculations. Yes, and helpers will need more. It is hardly possible for one to do the work properly It is better if you have a detailed traced project, or at least a sketch of the ceiling.
For the production of the entire cycle of works on the installation of a two-level gypsum ceiling with their own hands, we need the following tool:
- not less than 5 meter roulette;
- construction knife;
- cordless screwdriver;
- manual punch;
- emery paper;
- two construction levels, both bubble and hydro;
- starting, longitudinal and bearing metal profiles;
- dowels and screws;
- special mix for profiles called crab;
- plasterboard suitable for drywall;
- grater for plastering;
- planer for FCL;
- scissors for cutting metal;
- textile gloves and goggles;
- CD and UD profiles;
- wedge anchor for fastening;
- corner and duplex connectors.
As a basis use the usual 9.5 millimeter ceiling gypsum board, and for the installation of the second tier is better to use arched, having a thickness of 6 mm.
Helpful advice! When the living room is small, it is not necessary to overload its space, creating too bulky structures on the ceiling. This will reduce the room by half. The best solution for small rooms is an even ceiling of white classic color. Sometimes it is possible to mount a drywall box and install spotlights along the walls.
In a few steps you can build a two-level gypsum ceiling for the living room. A photo each of them can be studied in detail.
With proper installation and having some imagination, you can get a unique two-level plasterboard ceilings for the living room. A photo depicting each step of the whole process will help in this intricate and creative work.