Furnaces for a bath on the wood with a water tank are installed in the house in cases where there is no possibility of connecting the electrical network or gas pipeline. This multifunctional equipment attracts consumers with simple installation and cost-effectiveness. The market offer has a variety of designs of various types and levels of power.
Wood-fired sauna stoves with a water tank: structural features
Oven designs have several components. The housing includes a grate, a firebox, a chimney and a space for placing stones, called a heater.
The wood-burning sauna stoves with a water tank of the modern generation are made of metal, sometimes bricks. But the leading positions are occupied by constructions made of stainless steel.
The material for the manufacture of the grate is usually cast iron. It has excellent characteristics, is able to withstand the effects of severe temperatures, durable. To close the furnace in the design provides a sealed door.
Note! In some models, you can find a door with glass. It has sufficient thickness and has heat-resistant properties.
Most models can offer a wide range of functions. Therefore, consumers have the opportunity to buy inexpensive wood-burning stoves with advanced functionality (for example, from the manufacturer of sauna stoves Teplodar, or another brand).
This list may include the ability to:
- carry out work in several modes;
- regulate work time;
- control the duration of the heating of the bath rooms;
- set parameters regarding steam quality;
- adjust the temperature inside the tank and steam rooms.
Putting fuel into the equipment is carried out in several ways. This moment depends on the type of wood stove for a bath with a water tank. In the process of burning wood, ash and soot are formed. These fuel residues are poured into the ash pan through the grate. The ashpot is cleaned of soot and ash manually. Chimney is designed to remove the gaseous products of combustion arising in the process of burning wood.
As a result of fuel combustion, heat is released. The heated air is several times lighter than cold air, so it rises upwards on the rocks. The stones heat up, giving away heat to the steam room where comfortable temperature conditions are formed.
Wood stoves for a bath with a water tank with a portable firebox have the opportunity to create the optimal temperature. In such structures, the fuel is loaded into the chamber from the room adjacent to the steam room. Exhaust gases give off heat, there is a rapid heating of the water.
Helpful advice! Long burning furnaces are able to effectively perform work for 6-10 hours. Having selected the optimal model of construction, you can forget about the constant control over the furnace – it will be enough just to replenish the stock of firewood in the furnace twice a day.
Most manufacturers produce designs made in the framework of a strict design. Only fireplaces installed in living rooms are equipped with decorative glazing to observe the flame.
Wood stove designs are considered the most traditional version of the equipment. When wood burns indoors, it creates a pleasant aroma of a Russian sauna.
Finished constructions can have a different type of water tank placement:
- in the furnace case (built-in capacity);
- on the pipe that removes smoke (it is recommended to purchase ready-made structures of this type, since the construction of chimneys in the sauna for wood-burning stoves does it own hands with serious knowledge and skills);
- separately from the structure (in these furnaces there is a built-in heat exchanger, which acts as a connecting element between the structure and the tank, which is outside its limits);
- hinged type (attached to the body).
There are a number of popular designs for those who intend to buy a stove for a bath on the wood.
Average prices for models of furnaces with different designs:
|Model name||Tank placement type||Cost, rub.|
|Tunguska||on chimney||from 10,000|
|Helo (Finnish)||built in||from 25,000|
Before buying a wood-burning stove, it will be useful to familiarize yourself with consumer reviews, which are presented in large quantities in the network.
The tank for placement of water represents metal capacity. A design variant with a tank suspended from the outside or built into the furnace body is considered to be very inconvenient.
The built-in type of placement of the water tank does not allow to control the level of liquid in it. The water in this case is subjected to constant boiling, so you will need to additionally organize a system for the removal of steam.
Mounted tanks are characterized by rapid boiling, which is ahead of the moment when the steam room starts to heat up normally. A negative phenomenon called “cold steam” is formed. Such steam increases the level of humidity in the room, which creates serious obstacles to the formation of acceptable and comfortable conditions in the bath.
Tip! It is recommended to use birch logs, firewood from alder. Efficient fuel is coal and peat briquettes. Wood must be dry to ensure fast warming of the room. It is better to refuse use of wood of coniferous breeds. When it burns, a large amount of soot is formed, clogging up the chimney.
In attached tanks, part of the heat is spent on water heating, which increases the heating time of the steam room. Hot water must be drained and diluted with cold, which creates additional inconvenience.
The best photos of finishing the bath inside and a description of the stages of work. Recommended materials and installation rules. Sequence of actions when finishing a bath. Waterproofing and wall insulation.
The external water tank is heated in two ways: from the chimney pipe or from the firebox. When it comes to heating through a firebox, installation of a coil directly into it is carried out in metal or brick furnaces. This coil is equipped with a pair of pipes. They go outside, where the portable tank is mounted, which must be located near the heat source. The maximum allowable distance is 3 meters.
This requirement is due to the fact that the circulation inside the circuit will be carried out in the natural mode. The tank is hung on the wall from the inside or outside of the sauna room. It is necessarily placed above the level of the location of the combustion chamber.
This makes it possible to:
- control temperature;
- monitor fluid levels;
- install the shower or faucet directly to the tank.
Such furnaces have disadvantages. During the warming up of the room, partly the heat from the firebox is spent on heating the water. This can not be done without, since the system’s flooding after the heating of the steam room is prohibited, as boiling of the liquid can occur in the heated pipes, provoked by rapid cooling. This can be followed by a blow and destruction of the heat exchanger.
The most profitable option is considered furnace design, in which the water tank is powered by the energy of the flue gas. Gaseous products of combustion have a very high temperature. Therefore, the efficiency of the furnace will not be reduced if for the maintenance of hot water will be taken part of the heat from the gas duct.
Helpful advice! The heating process can be organized at once in several ways. It is allowed to embed a tank with a large volume in the chimney, the liquid in it will be heated by the combustion products of firewood directly. Can be installed on the chimney tank tank of small size, complete with two nozzles. They are mounted remote tank with a large volume.
The use of heat from combustion products to heat water is the best way to organize the system, so consumers have the opportunity to buy stoves for baths on the wood of this and other modifications in a large variety.
Pricing for popular domestic models:
|Model name (manufacturer)||Cost, rub.|
There is no uniquely bad or good design. The optimal furnace is selected based on the conditions of the room where it is planned to be installed, and the requirements of the individual buyer.
If you are planning to purchase a stove on the wood for a bath, a number of parameters that you should pay attention to will help make the choice easier:
- the level of heat capacity depends on the size of the steam room (a model with a high power rating in a small room will provoke overheating, and a low-power stove in a large bath will very quickly break down due to high load);
- A kind of firebox, which can be portable or built-in. In the first case, the furnace is served from a waiting room;
- material – most of the models consist of multilayer metal, which eliminates the appearance of burns due to accidental contact with the furnace body;
- type of furnace – with frequent use of the bath it is recommended to install a closed structure that retains heat for a long time. Open oven options are mounted in steam rooms, used very rarely;
- the volume of stones – a large number of stones contributes to a longer retention of heat, and, consequently, reduce the consumption of firewood;
- Brand – products of leading manufacturers with high efficiency and extensive functionality.
Note! Some models are cladding in the form of ceramic tiles or stones of natural origin.
Consumer structures of Finnish production are associated by consumers with the concept of reliability and comfort. The cost of products is much higher than domestic ones. But the advantageous characteristics of Finnish products justify the high price.
- Kastor – heating is carried out due to thermal radiation coming from the stones and the walls of the case. At the core of the design is the principle of convection. The most advantageous characteristics of the products are high quality materials used in the manufacture of furnaces, an attractive exterior design, a special air exchange system and doors made of glass;
- Helo – the model range includes modifications for domestic use in home saunas (low power and price) and designs for public saunas (wide functionality, high efficiency);
- Harvia – the brand’s products are distinguished by long periods of effective service, durability, environmental friendliness and high speed of heating the room. The stoves are economical;
- Narvi – the company’s equipment offers consumers ease of operation, simplicity and high heating rate.
The average cost of Finnish stoves:
|Kastor||23,000 – 38,000|
|Helo||35,000 – 40,000|
|Harvia||21,000 – 38,000|
|Narvi||37,000 – 45,000|
Brick designs are made by hand. For high-quality and fast construction, you can resort to the help of specialists.
Helpful advice! At the initial stage of work is the organization of the foundation. Unlike a steel or cast-iron construction, the installation of a heavy brick kiln directly on the floor surface is unacceptable.
- the formation of the pit (depth – 0.3 m, dimensions of 0.1 m exceed the dimensions of the furnace on each side);
- soil tamping;
- formation of crushed stone cushion (layer thickness – 0.1 m);
- sand formation and compaction (thickness – 0.1 m);
- installation of wooden formwork;
- the formation of the frame of reinforcement (diameter 12 and 8 mm);
- pouring concrete mix (thickness – 0.1 m);
- drying for 3 weeks (the formwork can be removed before the final setting);
- installation of waterproofing, insulating interlayers (steel sheet or asbestos cardboard);
- laying brick using clay mortar.
Metal structures are less inert than brick structures. Their cooling is as fast as heating. For small steam rooms suitable small-sized version of the product with the tank, placed above the chamber where the steam stones are stored.
Sheet steel with a thickness of 3-5 mm is required for self-manufacturing of the body. You can use large diameter steel pipes or barrels.
In the upper zone of the housing are cameras for stones. In the side of the door is mounted, through which watering of steam stones will be carried out.
Next is the lining, made of refractory bricks for the firebox, as well as for the chamber with stones.
In the process of such a furnace, hot gases and fire will pass through the stones and heat them with water. For flue gases should be organized chimney from the middle of the tank. It is recommended to use a sandwich pipe.
Do-it-yourself construction of the furnace design has a lot of advantages. However, not having the appropriate skills and knowledge, it is better to resort to the help of specialists or to purchase a ready-made construction of cast iron or metal.