In Khrushchev live a huge number of people who somehow have to put up with the shortcomings of these buildings, which they are famous for. A small area of rooms, often inconvenient location of communications and many other inconveniences are no reason to refuse the kitchen of your dreams. Consider what should be the design of the kitchen in Khrushchev, so that this place has become a favorite and comfortable for the whole family.
Kitchen design in Khrushchev: what features should be taken into account
Taken for the creation of kitchen design Khrushchev, it is worth understanding that in most cases, its area involves the placement of exclusively necessary items. Moreover, in those days when houses of this type were built, they could not even think about such a number of household appliances, so the concept of “necessary” was quite different from modern standards.
The kitchen in Khrushchev often has a square shape and does not exceed 6 square meters in area. Thanks to the correct form, it is possible to furnish such a room correctly, although one has to deal with some nuances. So, due to the fact that the window is located opposite the entrance, only 2 walls remain to accommodate the kitchen unit. In addition, often have to adapt to the presence of a gas column, which limits the placement of the built-in headset.
In order to use the kitchen space in the Khrushchev apartment as efficiently as possible, you can resort to several techniques that have already been tried in small kitchens:
- in order to hide the gas column, you can use a decorative panel or place it inside the built-in locker;
- light colors of the kitchen design will allow you to visually expand the space;
- the window should be decorated minimally. It is quite enough to have a light curtain or jalousie, which will close the window, but will not give it additional volume;
- It is best to install a sliding door to the kitchen in Khrushchev. The idea of such a variant of the door can cost a little more expensive, but in this case, you can significantly save valuable space.
If you have the opportunity, you should think about redeveloping the kitchen in the Khrushchev. Additional space can be obtained by combining the kitchen with a room or loggia. Of course, the implementation of such an idea will not be easy, but it is thanks to such radical methods that one can achieve maximum comfort.
Important! In a small kitchen, it is strongly recommended not to litter the space with objects and accessories. Refuse to store dishes and kitchen utensils outside the lockers, as well as all sorts of non-functional decorations to make the kitchen more visually spacious.
If you objectively evaluate the available data, you will have to admit that the correct interior of the kitchen of Khrushchev includes quite serious limitations, including the choice of color design. Here are a few basic principles that should guide the selection of finishing materials for surfaces and furniture:
- all shades of cream, beige and gray are the best colors for decorating a small kitchen;
- a dark floor in a small kitchen is a bad idea, as it visually reduces the room and narrows the walls;
- You need to try to avoid color borders, choosing furniture in the color of the walls and floor. Contrasts are far from the best solution for a small kitchen, but if you really want to, then you can use no more than 2 contrasting colors.
As an example, you should pay attention to the photo options for repairing kitchen in the Khrushchev. For example, it looks good if in the corner headset the corner is highlighted in a lighter color, and straight surfaces are slightly darker. This creates the visual effect of expanding the space.
You should also pay attention to which side of the world the window goes and how much sunlight gets into the kitchen. For the “northern” rooms, it is preferable to use warm and cozy colors.
Helpful advice! The use of patterns and drawings is a separate topic in the design of a small kitchen in the Khrushchev. Experts do not recommend using such techniques, allowing only small patterns as small accents on some surfaces. Any large drawings will only reduce the space.
The floor covering in the kitchen has many requirements, including high resistance to moisture, as well as mechanical stress. But this does not mean that you can ignore the appearance and color of the material, neglecting the aesthetics in favor of functionality.
- full refrigerator can be put in the hallway. So you will free up substantial space in the kitchen, but you will have to constantly go to the corridor for food;
- if none of the above options are suitable, it is worth considering how to equip the corner kitchen with refrigerator in the Khrushchev houses. Usually they are located near the headset, setting them as if in a niche.
Summing up, we can say that you can properly arrange a small kitchen properly, especially if you use 6 sq.m. kitchen designs as reference points. Khrushchev is not a sentence, and all you need is to approach the design with attention and take into account all the recommendations and advice.