Long-burning pyrolysis boilers with a water circuit are an excellent alternative energy source in private homes in conditions of frequent gas supply interruptions. Firewood is the oldest type of fuel with which people have heated their homes for thousands of years. In the 21st century, the pyrolysis method of producing heat originated from the technology of producing charcoal.
What is pyrolysis and what is its effectiveness
Medieval Europeans as a result of long centuries of burning firewood have established that this energy can be used more rationally if it is not charcoal that is put in the stove, but charcoal. It was made by burning ordinary firewood without sufficient oxygen. To do this, they dug special pits in the ground, where the whole process took place, later called pyrolysis.
Such pits coped well with the task of obtaining charcoal, but the energy that was released during these processes was wasted without any benefit. It is worth saying that the amount of energy released was very decent. Therefore, modern technology has not bypassed such a gift of nature. Were created pyrolysis boilers long burning with a water circuit, which were able to curb this heat used previously wasted. Today they are successfully used, not only as auxiliary sources of heating, but also as the main ones. This is not surprising, because besides the usual firewood, they can also load other, more modern and efficient fuel based on wood.
Externally, these boilers are not much different from conventional metal furnaces. They have the same loading door leading to the primary combustion chamber. In it fit the usual firewood, as well as briquettes from sawdust or peat. The invention of the last few years – pellets pellets are used for this purpose. They are highly compacted joinery production. Everything goes from the bark of the trees to peat and dried manure.
Helpful advice! It is best to use pellet pellets as fuel. This fuel is small and can be automatically fed into the combustion chamber of the boiler.
At the bottom of the combustion chamber is a grate, which looks like a very heavy cast-iron grating. It is necessary to supply air for fuel. Loaded firewood is set on fire and waited until it fully ignites under the influence of the primary air flow. As soon as the boiler enters the mode, the access of air to the primary chamber is practically stopped, with the result that the combustion stops. Fuel begins to smolder, releasing pyrolysis gas. It has a very high flammability, but since there is little air, it does not flare up.
Then by gravity or forcibly this gaseous volatile mixture of organic matter is fed into the secondary chamber, which in fact is the main working part of the pyrolysis boiler for long burning. It is directly connected to the water circuit of the heating system. The gas entering the chamber has a temperature of about 300 degrees and therefore flashes when oxygen is supplied without delay. A sufficient amount of air is supplied to the secondary chamber for combustion. The pyrolysis gas emits much more energy than simple firewood during combustion, so the heating of the coolant in the system occurs very quickly.
The important point is that the portion of firewood placed in the firebox is consumed very slowly, which allows you to heat the room with a very small amount of them for a long time.
Helpful advice! As a fuel for gas generators, it is recommended to use very well dried substances and firewood. After all, 1 kg of firewood, which contain 20% of moisture, emits 4 kW / hour. energy, and containing 25% moisture, already only 3 kW / hour.
Long-burning pyrolysis boilers with a water circuit are valued for their advantages over direct-burning stoves. You can list some of them:
- complete combustion without accumulation of soot. In addition to saving firewood, this property is of much greater benefit. Complete combustion means that only carbon dioxide and ordinary water are released as waste. Neither the one nor the other is of great harm to people and nature in general. This cannot be said about the partial combustion of firewood. Harmful toxic substances formed during the incomplete decomposition of organic matter, are released into the atmosphere, causing undesirable effects, not to mention the offensive caustic smoke;
- due to complete combustion, any organic solid fuel can be used in gas generators. In fact, they can be any organic material capable of an active oxidation reaction, that is, burning. Such boilers can be installed at sewing and leather factories, at wood processing enterprises, agricultural enterprises. This completely solves the problem of waste disposal;
- high savings on fuel, as long-burning pyrolysis boilers with a water circuit have such names due to the fact that from one wood bookmark the workflow can last at least 12 hours. A simple stove or boiler, the maximum can burn for 4 hours;
- The issue of adjusting the process of burning and heating the coolant has been completely resolved Due to the fact that gaseous fuel burns in the working chamber, its flow is easily regulated, as well as the intensity of combustion. This allows you to fully automate the operation of the boiler, not worse than electric or gas.
There are pyrolysis boilers long burning with a water circuit and disadvantages that should be inquired when purchasing this technique:
- The cost of gas generators is much higher than that of other types of heat engineering. However, this pays off over time due to fuel economy;
- fuel must be perfectly dry. Already 20% humidity is a serious obstacle to burning. The boiler will simply stop working after restricting air access;
- Due to the fact that the design of almost all models provides for the use of fans for forcing air, their work requires the availability of electricity, which does not allow to use this equipment at cottages that do not have power supply.
Helpful advice! Reviews of owners of pyrolysis boilers long burning suggest that they sometimes stop due to the fact that the water from the return pipe of the system falls into the contour of the boiler is very cold. To avoid this, it is necessary to solder the bypass loop from the supply pipe into the system. It uses the usual three-way valve. Then the hot water mixes with the cooled, the boiler will not turn off.
If you ask a question, then you can find on forums and blogs a lot of feedback from the owners of pyrolysis boilers of long burning. Here are some of them:
Last year I installed a gas generator in my country house. Near the sawmill, where there is always a huge amount of sawdust bark and knots. Take it – I do not want. Now I do not like it. I don’t spend on fuel at all. He brought a cart of waste, which he took for free. I do not know when and spend.
Sergey Vasiliev, Omsk.
Recently acquired a solid fuel boiler, a friend advised. At first, I did not understand why I did it, where to take and store firewood. And then I learned that you can use pellet granules. Bought a few bags. I drown – I do not know grief.
Nikolay Pavlov, Tver.
My husband recently brought a miracle-oven, which runs on ordinary wood. I scolded him for a long time. She said that we have a gas pipeline and a gas boiler. Why do we still have this stove. He said that I would understand everything later and connected this device to the system, leaving the gas. Once in the village there was a break in the pipeline. Working for three days corrected the accident. The neighbors bought all the electric heaters, and my husband just shrugged his shoulders and melted his stove. Now I realized that I was wrong.
Olga Meizer, Golyshmanovo, Tyumen region.
Reviews of owners of pyrolysis boilers long burning reveal all the positive qualities of the device. You can really use this device with great benefit for yourself. Being an alternative source of heat, it can completely solve the problem of temporary lack of gas. For those who have the opportunity to use waste from various industries, it is just a godsend.