Modular frame houses are residential buildings assembled at the construction site from elements previously manufactured at the factory. One company is engaged in the complex construction of such a structure, so the investor needs to prepare the entire amount of financing in advance. This is a good alternative to residential buildings built using traditional technology..
Modular house – features
Such structures are popular in the USA, Scandinavia and Western Europe, especially in the construction of public buildings. However, they are also valued in private construction, including in Russia. Using this technology, both modular year-round houses and summer cottages are being erected. Buildings of this type are created from prefabricated prefabricated cubes prepared at the factory. Building and finishing elements are manufactured at the factory. Individual modules are installed already at the construction site, on a pre-prepared foundation. The advantage of such a solution is, first of all, the speed of construction – in some cases it can take only a month..
Construction is carried out by companies that build structures using this technology. They usually have their own project catalog, which makes it easier for the investor and makes the construction service complex..
How much does a modular house cost?
The cost depends on the chosen finishing standard. The basic standard for this type of building is a closed shell, this is the most affordable option. Construction companies also offer options with full interior decoration, including bathrooms, or even complete with appliances and kitchen furniture. However, a comprehensive service comes with higher home costs. The price also depends on the choice of technology, area and specifics of the project..
How to build a modular house with your own hands – construction technologies
Such structures are made using frame technology or using expanded clay concrete.
- Wireframe technology. The frame modules are a supporting structure made of stainless steel or wood, the walls are also filled with steel or wood. With this technology, construction takes up to three months. Finnish modular houses are a popular example of frame technology, the main building material of which is durable Scandinavian spruce wood. They are considered a good example of energy efficient buildings..
- Technology using expanded clay concrete. Ideal technology for the construction of energy efficient buildings. LECA is a material that demonstrates high thermal insulation properties and at the same time is durable. LECA modules can vary in shape and size, which allows you to diversify the appearance of structures. The approximate time for building a house from prefabricated claydite aggregates is one and a half months.
Modular houses – pros and cons
Pluses of modular houses:
- Saving time. Such buildings are built much faster than traditional ones. This is an irrefutable argument for people who are thinking about building a modular home..
- Comprehensive service. Construction is usually done from scratch by one company that builds structures using this technology. The investor does not need to look for contractors for individual works, and he receives a home guarantee.
- Weather. Prefabricated buildings can be built regardless of weather conditions, unlike traditional buildings.
- Lack of construction waste. Prefabricated elements are only being assembled at the construction site, so well, you need to clean up the territory after construction work.
- Difficult soil conditions. Such structures can be erected even on slopes, rocks, on sandy or wet ground..
- Mobility. Such structures are mobile. They can be disassembled and taken with you to the place of your move..
- Finance. Such a building cannot be erected economically like traditional houses. You must have collected the entire amount to finance the investment.
- Appearance. The designs of such buildings practically do not differ due to the limited forms of the modules..
- Heavy equipment. Cranes and trucks, used for transport and assembly of prefabricated structures on the construction site, therefore the site must be adapted for this.