Bar racks for the kitchen, the photos of which their owners like to show their friends so much, have gained popularity in the past few years. This is not only a beautiful and fashionable interior of a modern kitchen, but also a functional device. When ordering the manufacture of a kitchen unit, most of the owners provide for the installation of a bar counter. You can also do it yourself with some skills in construction and carpentry.
What are the bar counters for the kitchen, photo options
When designing a kitchen interior, designers find a lot of solutions for the construction of a bar counter. This piece of kitchen interior can be of any shape and is located anywhere in the room. The bar counter can be used not only for its intended purpose, but also serve as a kind of barrier delimiting the premises into zones.
Living room with kitchen: photos of the best interiors. Advantages and disadvantages. Types of planning, methods of functional zoning of space. The choice of style.
Consider some options for kitchen design with a bar. Photos of many of them are easy to find on the web:
- in a small kitchen, this piece of furniture can successfully replace an ordinary dining table. This rack is installed at the window or wall, being an extension of the table for cooking. Most often, to save space, it is made in the form of a rectangle, which can be rounded off one of the corners. For the same reason, under it often make cabinets for various kitchen utensils;
- window sill, turned into a bar for the kitchen. Photos of such options are usually shown in order to show how to turn a loggia into a part of the kitchen. In this case, the window and door block of the balcony is removed, which is pre-warmed. For the remainder of the wall mount tabletop. Its dimensions correspond to the dimensions of this wall;
- as a separator of the kitchen into zones, a bar counter is used, equipped with a canopy with illuminated top. An attribute of this design is a nickel-plated pipe that connects the table top and the canopy above it to the floor. Pipe take 5 – 6 cm in diameter. Shelves and hangers for glasses with various design solutions are installed on it. One side of this stand is connected to the cabinet of the kitchen, and the other rests on the pipe;
- freestanding bar counters are used in spacious rooms. They are not connected to the main headset, but may be parallel to it. Such bar counters for the kitchen, the photos of which are found when describing spacious apartments and mansions, look especially harmoniously with hanging lamps hanging over them;
- transformers. These are such kitchens in which some elements of furniture can be folded, laid out and transformed into others. In these kitchens, the bar counter can be folded or pushed inside the headset as unnecessary, and it can be taken out or laid out if necessary. This solution is popular with a lack of space;
- A corner kitchen with a breakfast bar is also a solution to the shortage of space. Photos of such options show how you can effectively equip a tiny room beautifully and tastefully;
- the design on wheels can be rolled even in another room. This is the most original version of the bar.
Kitchens and bars for them are made from a variety of materials: wood, glass, plastic and even stone. From what the furniture would not have been made, the bar counter creates the impression of a relaxed atmosphere, inviting to a heart-to-heart conversation over a glass of cocktail.
Helpful advice! When choosing a kitchen unit, you must clearly understand what purpose it will pursue the bar for the kitchen. Photo options also need to be studied. In addition, you need to take into account the area of the room.
What is a corner kitchen with a bar. Her photos and features will give an understanding of the general principles of the device of this element of the interior. The classic bar counter is somewhat different from the usual dining table. It is narrower and higher. Most often, its width does not exceed 40–45 cm, and its height is about 110–120 cm. This circumstance makes it necessary to use with it higher chairs having footboards or chairs with long legs. The chair should be of such height that a person could, sitting on it, quietly lean on the countertop of the rack.
In the corner version of the kitchen, the bar counter serves as the fourth facet. Thus, it turns out to be a semi-closed rectangle, inside which kitchen accessories are conveniently located: a stove, a refrigerator, cabinets with dishes, and people can sit on chairs outside without disturbing the hostess in the kitchen. Sometimes a bar counter for the kitchen, photos of such options can also be found, are constructed separately from the entire headset in the center of the kitchen. At the same time, the aisles separating it from furniture should be at least 100 cm.
A feature of the corner kitchen is that it is adapted for a small room in size, since it rationally occupies space. It has a P or L-shaped appearance. In this case, the rack organically complements it, forming a cozy corner.
Helpful advice! For a headset and a bar counter connected to it, the tabletop should be single or consisting of two parts of the same array. The parts are interconnected with a special aluminum strip.
A person, buying a small apartment in size, tries to transform it so that it is beautiful and functional. Therefore, many people combine the kitchen and living room in the same room. At the same time, in order to delimit a cooking zone, kitchens with a bar are often used. Photos of the design of this design allow us to understand how it works. For a small room, it is better to use light colors. They will visually increase the area of the kitchen.
Today it has become fashionable in the Western style to install a hob and sink in the middle of the room. On the other hand, it is not convenient to approach them. An excellent solution is a device on the opposite side of the bar. This design option fits into a fairly large room.
The design of the bar counters for the kitchen is also varied. The photo of some objects speaks about not a lot of fantasy designers. Racks can have several levels, be round, oval, square and even be located in several planes. They are not only straight, but also round the cooking zone in a circle or along any curved line.
Color options may also be different. Bright tones up to fiery red in combination with chrome-plated metal parts are especially popular today. It especially fits into hi-tech style or minimalism. Gray-beige color gives the interior a feeling of complete peace. It combines a tabletop that imitates the structure and texture of granite and other natural stones.
If the kitchen area allows and there is a desire to impress your friends, then you can arrange a real bar with a counter that has classic parameters. On its reverse side there should be a sink, stove, transparent refrigerator for drinks and a wine cabinet. From above, all this can be covered with a canopy, repeating the contour of the entire bar. It is possible to mount built-in or suspended light sources. In this homely bar you can cook your favorite dishes in front of friends with their immediate tasting.
Helpful advice! To create a relaxed light atmosphere in the kitchen, it is necessary to combine metallic sheen and natural materials in it. The color should also be gentle natural tones.
In order to build a bar counter with your own hands you need to have some building and carpentry skills. You can use different materials: solid wood, various extruded plates: OSB, MDF and metal. You can make all the components yourself, but you can also buy blanks in the store. The main thing is to stock up with all the necessary materials, patience and sketches of previously performed work by someone. Although the latter is not necessary if you have design abilities and you have a wonderful imagination.
The use of the bar counter in the design of the kitchen is an excellent solution that allows not only to create an atmosphere of goodwill and comfort, but also to competently manage the available space. Therefore, it must be used when organizing your living space.