After acquiring interior doors, you will definitely have to find the appropriate fittings for them. Handles for interior doors differ in the type of construction, shape, size, method of operation, installation option and manufacturing material. Based on a wide range of products, it is very difficult to choose the appropriate option. This article describes in detail the existing models and their distinctive features.
Criteria for choosing interior door handles
When choosing handles interior doors should be guided by certain recommendations of experts:
- check the reliability of the design and quality of performance: the strength of the color, the presence of scratches and chips;
- to evaluate how pleasant the touch is to the chosen model, since it will be necessary to contact with the product quite often;
- choose accessories that will best fit the style of interior design of the room and is directly suitable for the door leaf;
- the type and configuration of the handles is recommended to choose based on the functional purpose and location of the rooms;
- take into account the degree of load on the product;
- handles should be selected taking into account the array of door leaf: for powerful doors, flimsy fittings will look ridiculous;
- the configuration and design of the product should be in harmony with the general furnishings of the room: fussy and bulky handles will look ridiculous in a small apartment with simple repairs.
Helpful advice! The color of the handle for the door should be combined with the color of the lock and the hinges of the canvas.
The internal structure of the door handle depends on the type of construction. Unlike the way the product works, there are:
Stationary or patch handle is the easiest. With its help, you can open or close the door, pushing it in the desired direction. Such models are not equipped with snaps, with the exception of roller versions. They are purely decorative. They are installed mainly on the furniture. It is also advisable to use for kitchen doors or interior units that are equipped with additional locking mechanisms.
Among the stationary elements of great popularity belongs to the handles-brackets and round door handles. The first option is represented by a large variety of product configurations, ranging from the U-shaped and ending with broken lines. They are used primarily for massive doors.
Ball-pens are characterized by high aesthetics of modern models, which can be presented in various designs. Among them are twisting handles made of two spherical elements and located symmetrically on both sides of the door. They are tightened with the help of a metal axis that passes through all the details. The height of the door handle is only 4–5 cm.
Installing stationary pens does not require special skills. It is enough to fix the product with bolts in the right place.
To fix the door leaf in the box, stationary accessories-holders can be equipped additionally:
- roller latch, represented by a roller or metal ball, which locks when the door is closed in the reciprocal opening and re-emerges with a slight pressure on the handle when it is opened;
- a magnetic lock, represented by a metal strip on the door leaf and a magnet on the jamb, due to which tight fixation is ensured.
Helpful advice! Stationary handles, installed in a pair, are exceptionally the right option for swinging open doors.
The push handle is represented by two L-shaped levers interconnected by a rod that passes through the door leaf. While pushing the lever, the rod opens the latch. The design of the product includes a return spring for the door handle, allowing the lever to return to its original position after cessation of exposure to it. When using pressure devices, comfortable operation is ensured and full door fixation is achieved. Such devices are distinguished by reliability, noiselessness, durability and ergonomics.
The main drawback of the design is the likelihood of frequent grabbing of the lever with a bag or clothes during active movement around the house. Also, with frequent use of the product, the return spring can fail. Buy for the door handle, this item can be separately for 50 rubles.
Push handles can be mounted on a bracket or on an outlet. Latch knobs for interior doors on the outlet can be with a round or square base. They perform a decorative and protective function. Despite the fact that the products are universal, they have a simple principle of operation. When acting on the handle, the latch retracts and the door opens. After pressing the lever, the latch returns to its original position, which allows you to keep the door closed.
Products are made 5.5–6 cm high, 10–12 cm long. The main advantage of the push handle on the outlet is the possibility to choose any locking mechanism to it. This option is suitable for those who appreciate the harmonious combination of ergonomics and aesthetics in things.
When choosing a handle for interior doors, you should take into account the quality of performance, configuration, functionality and product design. This element should harmoniously fit into the interior of the room and be as comfortable and durable as possible in future use.