The ceiling in the bathroom: photo options for finishing, their strengths and weaknesses, design features – this is what primarily interests those who decided to make repairs in this special room. Everyone wants to arrange the ceiling so that he was beautiful, practical, easy to install and not expensive. To do this without knowing the requirements, it is almost impossible.
Features microclimate bathroom and outgoing from this requirement for ceilings
The room we are considering has definitely the wettest air in the entire apartment, so the materials that should be used in its decoration should have excellent moisture resistance. Even a jet of water directed from the shower should not cause any damage to the surface of the ceiling. Ideally, even if the leakage of the pipe from the neighbors above does not disturb its appearance.
We also prefer the ceiling, which does not require complex maintenance. Ideally, if it will be enough periodic wiping rags. Do not be excluded and aesthetic requirements. The ceiling surface should be in perfect harmony with the rest of the interior of the room and allow you to build on yourself comfortable and functional lighting.
Having listed the basic requirements for consumer qualities of ceilings for a bathroom, we can evaluate various variants of ceiling coverings for compliance with them.
This option is the simplest and cheapest. The low cost of putty and paint, as well as the absence of the need to hire labor, makes this option very low-cost. Painting can only be used with a very even base.
Helpful advice! Use only moisture-proof materials for leveling and painting the ceiling in the bathroom. This will help in the future to avoid paint spills and wet surfaces.
In addition to convenience and low cost, this type of ceiling does not have any advantages, but it has many drawbacks:
- originality painted ceiling, does not shine. Although with a developed imagination it is possible to combine 2 or 3 shades in various interesting combinations;
- such a finish will last no more than 10 years;
- the maintenance of the painted surface is simple in itself, but the old darkening can only be removed with a new painting;
- It is impossible to build lighting in such a ceiling. We’ll have to be content with only pendant lights, however, with a large number of options. Communication in such a ceiling is also unlikely to be hidden, if only in boxes;
- well, and most importantly, all kinds of mold and fungus are very fond of settling on painted ceilings.
Exhaust in the bathroom: eliminate excess moisture. Types and advantages of devices. The choice of equipment. Calculation of fan power. Recommendations for self-installation.
On the practical side, the painted ceiling in the bathroom is not very comfortable. Photos of such surfaces, although they sometimes look very decent, do not particularly attract the attention of potential consumers.
When solving the problem of choosing the material for the ceiling in the bathroom, many people stop at the PVC panels. They have sufficient strength and excellent moisture resistance for this purpose. Their installation is not even a very experienced owner and does not require special tools. At the same time, PVC panels look quite interesting, and additionally there is no need to finish them. Such a coating can simply wipe with a cloth. But most importantly, in such a ceiling, you can embed original and beautiful spotlights.
However, this type of coverage tends to choose those who need a fairly hard savings of financial resources, because it has several serious drawbacks:
- omnipresent dirt can penetrate the joints between the panels. Then she has to pick out from there. It is even sadder if mold or fungal organisms have settled there. These our “neighbors” are less harmless and not very willing to move out;
- in addition, the metal frame can rust over time. Do not rely on galvanized coating, which is available on it. In such a humid environment, even it is not able to serve for many years in a row. A way out of this situation may be a device of high-quality ventilation;
- the renewal of such a ceiling is possible only with the complete replacement of panels.
Helpful advice! When installing the ceiling of plastic panels do not spare the silicone sealant. The more tightly the seams are sealed, the less chance the moisture will have to penetrate and create a favorable environment for the emergence of an undesirable “life.”
This design is mounted on a metal frame, like the previous one. The slats themselves are both plastic and metal. The advantage is to give aluminum. This metal is coated with an oxide waterproof film that does not allow corrosion to penetrate inside the metal. This film is chemically inactive, and therefore protects the material from external influence.
In terms of decor, too, everything is in order. After all, the panels can have completely different colors and textures. Chrome plating, gilding or drawing make them quite unique. Anyone can build a slatted ceiling, even an amateur.
The drawbacks of rack types of flows are not as obvious as plastic ones, but they do occur:
- clogging of all kinds of dirt interpanel seams. It is necessary to excel in order to clean up in this case;
- Rack ceilings are not compatible with all types of interior.
Nevertheless, the advantages of such ceilings are somewhat higher than the minuses, so they are quite popular.
Especially it is necessary to say about the plasterboard ceiling in the bathroom. Photos of such frame structures with one and two levels are found in abundance on thematic sites. At the base of the ceiling, a frame of galvanized rails is mounted at a distance of 10 to 15 cm below the surface. Inside the frame, they pull all the electrics and sew them up with sheets of drywall. Since this material is quite plastic and convenient in processing, the ceiling can be given various unimaginable forms.
Helpful advice! In the bathroom, you should use only moisture-resistant plasterboard labeled with GKLV and green paper coating. He, in addition to moisture resistance, also has the ability to kill the fungus and mold, as treated with special additives.
The appearance of such ceilings can be perfectly beaten by the location and shape of the lamps, which are embedded inside the frame. By hiding all the irregularities of the ceiling, available ventilation lines and electrical wiring, we get a stylish, beautiful and durable ceiling. Its approximate lifespan can reach 10 years, unless an accident from above occurs.
Disadvantages of plasterboard ceiling construction:
- it is impossible to call this option a budget one, since, apart from the actual frame and drywall, you will need a putty and a finishing surface finish;
- it takes a lot of time and labor to invest in the device;
- like a regular painted ceiling, it has the same drawbacks. It will have to be put in order from time to time by painting.
Despite the shortcomings, the ceiling of the GCR has a lot of its adherents.
Another option of the ceiling in the bathroom, the photo of which is the most attractive, is the PVC tension structure. Such a film, stretched between the guides under the ceiling, never damp, does not leak from above and does not fade. Her ability to withstand up to 100 liters of water per square meter has become a legend.
Care for such ceilings is reduced to wiping them with a rag. Tension film can be chosen so that it will correspond to absolutely any interior design. Due to the huge number of colors and the possibility of photo printing, everyone can create a completely unique interior for themselves.
If we talk about the shortcomings of such ceilings, it is worth noting:
- the impossibility of their independent construction;
- weak resistance to piercing or cutting impact, which causes breakthroughs or cuts due to carelessness.
Everyone can make their own choice by considering several proposed options for the ceiling device in the bathroom. Photos of any option is easy to find and explore in more detail.