Floating suspended ceilings – a novelty that has appeared recently, but immediately attracted the attention of fans of the original design. Due to its unusual design, this system creates the feeling of a ceiling suspended in the air, giving the interior originality and originality. Looking through the Internet photos of soaring stretch ceilings, you will see that such beauty is worth the effort and cost. After all, with their help, you can create an impressive high-tech interior in your home.
How soaring differ from other ceilings of this type. Photos soaring stretch ceilings
To understand why floating ceilings create such a unique effect, it is necessary to understand their structure and design. What is soaring ceilings are different from conventional stretch? Firstly, the canvas, which is used for soaring ceilings, is different from the usual ones used earlier. Secondly, a completely different mounting scheme is involved. In order for the ceiling to “float”, there is always a gap between it and the wall, into which the backlight is subsequently mounted. What kind of lighting system it will be depends only on your desire: it can be fluorescent lamps or multi-colored LED strip, but it is precisely due to the effect of light that the ceiling is visually separated from the wall. All these techniques allow you to get the effect of “floating” the ceiling.
In addition to the effect of the floating ceiling, suspended ceilings give their owners a few more advantages:
- visually expand the room, making even the most modest-sized room more spacious;
- give a sense of streamlined space. Due to the location of the backlight in the niche between the wall and the structure, the sharp corners are smoothed, enhancing the effect of the soaring ceiling;
- the ability to use different colors in the design of the ceiling or in the backlight, creating bright and unusual interiors and a sense of celebration in the room (various photos of soaring ceilings perfectly demonstrate the variety of options for this type of design);
- the ceiling itself can be decorated with photo printing. A multi-color and bright image will give an incredible feeling of being in such a room. The most popular drawing for a soaring ceiling is the starry sky, but any other options are possible: the range of offered illustrations is almost unlimited;
- soaring ceiling does not have to be rectangular in shape and can be of any complex, curvilinear construction, embodying the most daring ideas. Many photographs of soaring stretch ceilings illustrate the realization of how many unusual ideas has become possible;
- thanks to the use of LEDs as lighting, you can significantly save energy costs;
- stretch ceilings are mounted very quickly and simply enough;
- The cost of this type of ceiling pleasantly pleased. Floating suspended ceilings – one of the most affordable options among the ceilings of this type.
Stretch fabric ceilings. Pros and cons, photos of finished designs. Varieties of ceiling fabrics, especially care for them. Installation of suspended ceilings with their own hands.
In order to achieve the necessary soaring effect, the installation uses a special profile for soaring ceilings, made of aluminum. It is thanks to him that a halo is created around the perimeter of the entire room. Usually its width is from 10 to 20 mm. A light source is built into the resulting niche at a certain angle, which gives diffused light, softening the space. A special translucent insert is attached to the metal profile, which transmits 90% of the light, while hiding illuminated components from the eyes. This feature is due to a special translucent layer (you can watch the video about what this insert is for and how it is installed on the Internet). The soaring stretch ceiling, thanks to such a successful design, makes it easy to replace and dismantle the LED strip as needed.
Helpful advice! Often for complex systems, additional lighting control is used, namely the remote control. It allows you to comfortably turn on and off the lighting and even change the color of the backlight, if it is provided. But it is important to remember that for convenient use of the remote control, it is necessary to install the sensor for receiving the signal so that it is in range.
To begin with, consider the fact that, depending on the complexity of the design, floating suspended ceilings are of three types:
- single-level – mounted in one plane. The easiest version of the soaring ceiling, which does not require special skill to create;
- two-level – consist of two planes located at different levels of height. The basis for such a ceiling is a structure made of drywall. The second level is made of the same material and is mounted on the first, while creating a three-dimensional structure. Two-level soaring ceiling is ideal for the interior of a small room due to its simplicity and originality at the same time;
- multilevel – the scheme of their construction is approximately the same as in the two previous cases, only the created levels are more. For mounting these ceilings are used special mount. How to make a floating ceiling with a lot of different levels you can see in step-by-step instructions posted on specialized sites.
Helpful advice! The design of the soaring ceiling is always mounted around the perimeter of the room. It is because of this that the ceiling can “float”. Be sure to consider this fact when planning such a design.
Thanks to the advanced development of the installation system of soaring ceilings, it became possible to build multi-level structures of any shape and complexity. Today, making a floating ceiling with your own hands is not a problem. To do this, the Internet has a lot of various educational videos. Floating ceilings are becoming increasingly popular, finding a response in the hearts of lovers of high-tech style.
Before installation of the soaring stretch ceiling, it is necessary to carry out the following preparatory work:
- carefully measure all necessary distances;
- create a future frame project;
- purchase all the necessary materials for installation, according to the draft and relevant measurements.
On the Internet, you can easily find tips on how to properly select all the components for mounting a soaring ceiling. Video of step by step performance of work – your guideline in the independent creation of the structure.
Helpful advice! To create the construction of a future soaring gypsum ceiling, it is necessary to use the thinnest and easiest type of material that you can find. This will help to relieve construction of excess weight.
After that, you can proceed directly to the installation of the design of the soaring ceiling:
- first, the marking is performed, which will further help to make the ceiling surface as flat as possible. The marking is carried out taking into account the recommended distance between the ceiling and the wall (10-15 mm);
- holes are drilled using perforator according to the marking;
- Next comes the installation of an aluminum baguette for soaring ceilings, on the basis of which the batten system is then mounted. This crate is attached to the structure with the help of special suspensions, allowing it to stay on the weight. At this process of creating a design can be considered complete.
The next stage – the design of the backlight. It is necessary to conduct electrical wiring and arrange the lighting in such a way as to create the desired effect.
Helpful advice! If you are a newcomer to working with an electrician, it is better to entrust the process to a professional. Or at least before you start, read the training videos and carefully read the instructions for the purchased components.
At the last stage of the work, the frame is covered with plasterboard, on which the putty and primer are applied. Then, depending on your preferences, the already prepared surface is painted or wallpaper is glued to it. At this installation soaring ceiling can be considered over.
Speaking about the color design of the already-ready floating suspended ceiling (you can see the photo of the most successful examples on the Internet), it is worth highlighting several principles that can serve as a guideline:
- if we are talking about a fairly spacious room, then the color chosen for the design of the soaring ceiling does not have to be in the same tone with the rest of the interior. It is quite admissible to create a ceiling in contrast, putting on it the main color accent;
- The texture of the ceiling can be any – glossy surfaces look no worse than matte. For example, the matte edging is perfectly combined with the glossy surface of the main canvas. And photo printing or even painting on the ceiling is an option for true connoisseurs of the exclusive;
- When choosing finishing materials for ceiling design, try to limit yourself to two or three colors. Too many different shades on the ceiling is difficult to combine with each other;
- If the room is limited in size, an excellent solution would be to use the mirror surface of the ceiling. Using this technique will visually expand the space and create a sense of infinity ceiling.
Helpful advice! In the design of the ceiling, you can use almost any color of your choice, except for black and very dark shades of brown, gray and blue. Dark colors will “crush”, creating a feeling of discomfort. In addition, dark colors tend to absorb light intensively.
The emergence of this way of embodying the most daring and original design ideas could raise the use of stretch ceilings to a new level. Thanks to its simple but extremely interesting design, which can be done even with your own hands, the floating ceiling allows you to mask the flaws in the surface of the main ceiling and use a completely new approach, working with a sense of space in the room. Floating suspended ceilings with lights – a real find for connoisseurs of the original design.