More recently, the dream to combine the kitchen with the living room seemed out of reach. Many, holding their breath, looked at the unique photos of the design of the kitchen-living room. The interior of the united spacious rooms with built-in furniture and household equipment embodied the idea of a single functional space, where everything was located to the place. Today, everyone can realize their ideas and create a beautiful kitchen design combined with the living room: photos, tips and tricks will be an excellent guideline in this matter.
Design of the kitchen combined with the living room: photos, pros and cons
As with any redevelopment, the combination of the kitchen with the living room has its positive and negative sides, so when planning the interior, it is worth considering this.
The positive factors in favor of combining the kitchen with the living room include:
- obtaining a single area, which visually looks more spacious and is better lit, thanks to the presence of two windows at once, instead of one in each room;
- opportunity for the hostess not to leave during the celebration, setting the table and checking whether the dishes are ready to serve;
- the opportunity to organize parties for a larger number of people without experiencing tightness and freely moving around the kitchen and living room, this is especially true for a small apartment, where the only possibility is redevelopment and combining the small kitchen from the living room (photo of the design of small apartments can be viewed in the Internet);
- the opportunity to share dinner with the family at a large dining table, which, as a rule, cannot be accommodated in a kitchen of modest size;
- no need to purchase a separate TV for the kitchen. One good “plasma” in the living room would be enough to watch your favorite TV programs from one and the other room.
Combining two rooms that are so different in purpose, one will inevitably have to face a number of related inconveniences:
- the smell of cooking food will spread into the living room. As a partial solution to this problem, it is worthwhile to install a high-quality and powerful fume hood;
- all sounds will be heard in the living room. It is unlikely that you will be able to use the microwave or wash the dishes so that it is not audible to everyone who is in the room at that moment;
- requirements for cleaning in the kitchen are significantly increased, because unwashed dishes or trash forgotten on the table can spoil the impression to those who came to visit you. The kitchen should always be in perfect order, so that, entering the living room, no unpleasant trifles spoil the overall look of your apartment.
If these very modest flaws do not frighten you, then you can safely plan to combine the kitchen and living room.
Helpful advice! Before you make any changes to the layout yourself, consult with BTI experts, so as to ignore, not to destroy part of the bearing wall.
When deciding to combine the kitchen and living room, it is necessary that the resulting space meets first of all the requirements of functionality and convenience for the people living in the house. Very often, connecting these two rooms, they seek to increase the area of adjacent rooms. However, such a layout can be provided even when there is enough square meters in the rooms. After all, the combined arrangement of the kitchen and living room always claims an interesting and unusual design. Pay attention to the available themed design photos of the kitchen, combined with the living room.
One of the main requirements for the design of the kitchen combined with the living room (the photo clearly demonstrates this) is the adaptation of the attributes of these rooms to each other. This will help the combined spaces look and function as a unit. There are enough design techniques to help make such demands a reality. This may be the working surface of the tabletop, gradually turning into a bar counter; or a dining table made of material used in living room furniture. Check out the impressive design photos of the kitchen, combined with the living room with a bar.
Excellent work on the union overlapping color wall decoration. Highlighting the dining area in one color, you can repeat it in the decoration of the opposite wall of the living room. Having organized a single room from the kitchen and living room, one can take white color as a basis and “string” various colored decors on it, placed both in the kitchen area and in the living room area. Use to sample numerous photos of the kitchen combined with the living room.
Another method of kitchen loyalty, as a technical room, in relation to the living room, is the ability to hide the main kitchen equipment in the cabinets of built-in furniture. The hob and sink can be placed in a place inaccessible for viewing from the living room area. How harmonious such solutions can be seen in the photo of the interiors of the living rooms combined with the kitchen.
Modern designers offer a lot of different styles for the implementation of projects combined kitchen with living room. Photos of interior design indicate that you can apply almost any style: from classic to high-tech. The main thing is to make the common space cozy and comfortable to use.
Although the classic style is the least suited for combining the kitchen and the hall, but you can also use it if you wish. The main focus in this interior will be furniture made from natural materials. The visual demarcation of space into functional zones is arranged through multi-level ceilings and various floor finishes, as well as lighting of individual zones in the room.
One of the most successful methods is offered to the adherents of modernity – use the bar counter for zoning a kitchen from the living room. Photos of the design of such interiors can often be seen on the Internet. The bar counter can completely replace the dining table, and often it has drawers for storing kitchen accessories. And if the shelves are open, they can accommodate beautiful sets of dishes.
The object of increased attention are high-tech kitchens connected to the living room. Thanks to the use of modern materials of decoration in combination with the latest appliances, this interior always looks interesting and impressive. The design uses straight shapes and monochromatic colors with a metallic sheen. Most often, glass tables with metal legs are used to separate the dining and work areas. In this style they also quite often resort to installing a bar counter made of innovative materials with chrome elements. Moreover, the rack can be installed as a continuation of the wall or separately on the visual line of demarcation. Unique photos of the kitchen combined with the living room with a high-tech style bar counter allow to fully appreciate the practicality and functionality of such an interior.
Making the combined rooms in fusion style, you can afford the most unusual tricks. Fusion works fine when several generations of a family with different views and preferences live in the same apartment. Competent selection of colors will help to emphasize the different functional areas of the kitchen-living room.
Helpful advice! When using in the fusion combined kitchen-living room, be sure to use colored appliances.
So, in the combined room, thanks to the fusion style, it is possible to use classics and high-tech, country and modern in different zones, combining elements of different styles. Light accents should emphasize certain areas of the kitchen-living room.
It is important to realize that, combining the two territories that were initially different in their purpose, you will have to unify all the furniture, both in the living room and in the kitchen. The owners of the spacious premises will be inspired by a photo of the design of the kitchen combined with a living room of 25 sq. m, while the images of small rooms will appeal to residents of very small apartments. If you show ingenuity, imagination and good taste, then create a unique design for your new, spacious kitchen, combined with the living room.