The living room is the central part of your home, because there you not only receive guests, but also spend a lot of time with your family. Therefore, when making repairs, pay special attention to the interior of the hall, having equipped a cozy and comfortable atmosphere in this room. Make a good repair yourself without the help of professionals, it is possible! Use a creative approach when creating a unique interior for an apartment with a regular repair: photos and ideas for repairing the hall do it yourself are presented below.
How to start repairing the living room with your own hands: photo ideas and tips
Preparatory work to repair the living room (photo tips found on the network will help you) include several steps:
- think over all the details and nuances of the upcoming repair. Calculate the upcoming costs for the purchase of necessary materials and disposal of garbage;
- first remove from the room all the furniture that you can. Otherwise, the furniture may get dirty or damaged during the repair process;
- next is the direct preparation of the room for repair – removal of old wallpaper and flooring. At this stage it is good to dismantle the fixtures in order to protect them from building dust and dirt;
- then follows the application of new plaster on the walls and leveling the floor with a special mixture.
Living room with kitchen: photos of the best interiors. Advantages and disadvantages. Types of planning, methods of functional zoning of space. The choice of style.
This preparatory work for the repair of the room is over and you can begin to create a new interior. How beautiful to make repairs in the hall? Photo-illustrations are good tips for creating an original design.
Suspended or suspended ceiling – one of the best options for creating a stylish design. There is only one problem – it is impossible to mount a one-piece stretch ceiling by yourself. This requires a certain professionalism and special equipment. Therefore, it is better to give preference to a solid construction of drywall – you can mount it yourself, and this ceiling looks very worthy.
In addition to stretch and hinged ceilings, you can use the following finishing materials to repair the hall in the apartment (photo-selection will help you choose the appropriate option):
- Wallpaper – an economical and not very complicated ceiling design in the living room. The choice of wallpaper is very extensive, and you can easily find the most suitable solution for you on the texture and color;
- painting – the most budget option for repairing your own hands. In addition to the low cost, the advantages of this method include the unlimited choice of colors;
- expanded polystyrene plates – easy to install and inexpensive solution to quickly draw the ceiling, although not the most stylish.
Use as a guide the pictures on request: “repair of the hall in the apartment, photo options for ceiling decoration”.
Helpful advice! Suspended ceilings are always mounted last. The remaining types of ceiling trim are made at the initial stage of repair.
Depending on your financial capabilities and preferences, there are several ways to finish the walls in the living room:
- Wallpapering is the most common and versatile option. On sale are wallpapers for every taste and pocket. The variety of color and texture solutions is also very large. Looking through the photos of apartments with the usual repair, you will notice that the wallpaper in the hall – the most common solution for wall decoration;
- painting is an inexpensive and beautiful way of decoration. Wall paints have an unlimited choice of colors and prices, so you can easily find the right option for yourself. The only difficulty of this solution is that the surface for applying the paint must first be prepared (it must be perfectly flat);
- decorative plaster – an elegant way to decorate the living room. Such plaster is applied as a final coating of the walls and looks very aesthetically pleasing. The spectacularity of this finishing material can be seen by looking at the photo of the repair of living rooms;
- plasterboard plasterboard is an excellent solution for hiding irregularities and defects in walls. After mounting the drywall, you can glue wallpaper on it or apply paint. The only negative is the reduction in the area of the room, because, like any constructions, drywall hides space;
- plastic or wooden panels are also successfully used in the renovation of the living room. But, of course, wood is preferable, because they are natural and look much more beautiful. Plastic is acceptable, but this is not the best option;
- decorative stone – an unusual and expensive way to finish the walls. Through the use of decorative stone, your room will look very stylish and unusual. Although it is necessary to recognize that natural stone looks too pretentious for the repair of the hall in the Khrushchev 18 squares (photos of the use of this material in small apartments can be found on the Internet).
It is also possible to combine different ways of finishing, creating a diverse and unusual interior. It all depends solely on your imagination and financial capabilities. Use photos and ideas suggested for repairing the hall with your own hands. An ordinary room with their help can turn into a unique work of art.
After the walls of the hall are decorated, you can begin to finish the floor. The most popular materials used for floor decoration in the living room are as follows:
- Laminate – perfectly combines the price and quality and looks very good. Thanks to its numerous colors, it can imitate various types of wood. Laminate flooring is perfect for repairing the hall in Khrushchev (a photo of the use of this material demonstrates this);
- parquet – warm and natural, as well as very beautiful material. The only catch is that it is quite difficult to install. Not the cheapest, but very effective option of finishing the floor in the hall;
- Cork flooring – like parquet – is an environmentally friendly material that has excellent sound and heat insulation. It is made from the bark of cork oak;
- the self-leveling floor is a perfectly smooth and even surface. If we are talking about the design of rooms, most often they put a 3D drawing on top, which creates a unique repair of the apartment. Photos of design rooms using 3D-drawings in large quantities are presented on specialized sites;
- linoleum, although extremely rare, but can also occur in modern living room design. Linoleum is a cheap and versatile flooring material that is easy to maintain. In addition, it is easy to replace if necessary;
- ceramic tiles in the halls are used even less often than linoleum. However, it is great if there is a floor heating system in the living room. The tile itself is a cold and rather expensive material.
When choosing furniture for the hall it is necessary to take into account several fundamental rules. For example, the furniture should not be bulky – it is important that it matches the size of the living room. If we are talking about repairing a room of 18 sq m in an apartment (you can look at photo-examples of successful design of halls of this size on the Internet), then all the furniture should be compact and practical. Think in advance how you will arrange the purchased furniture, so that it does not clutter up the aisles.
In addition, the furniture should be in harmony with the finishing materials in color and texture.
If you want to keep the furniture you already have or your financial opportunities do not allow you to completely update the situation, use covers and capes. Tailoring a sofa cover will be much cheaper than buying new furniture. At the same time your interior will look fresh and updated.
As an example, use real photos of apartments with repair and furniture.
Helpful advice! Choosing textiles for the hall, you should not buy curtains or covers of too dark fabric. This will make the room dark and uncomfortable. It is better to give preference to light, but dense material.
The last stage of the room design is filling with various elements of decor. But here it is important to feel the measure and show a delicate taste. For example, when hanging pictures on walls, keep in mind that thin frames look more advantageous on solid walls. And on the walls with drawings or patterns – wide luxurious frames.
If the room has a modest size, do not overload it with such decorative elements as large pots with large flowers and so on.
And no abundance of statues, figures and toys, if stylistically it is not justified. They occupy space, while not carrying any functional, and often aesthetic, load.
After reading the materials presented on this topic, looking at photos of apartments with good repair, you will see that it is quite possible to do the repair of the hall with your own hands (photos and ideas are proposed in the article). All you need is time, money and a little inspiration! And the real photos of the design, renovation of the living room will serve as the basis for creating your own unique interior.