This article will help to understand what constitutes a floor air conditioner without a duct for the house: the features of the instruments, the internal structure and principle of operation, the advantages and disadvantages. The text reveals all the subtleties of the selection of designs: the main criteria according to which the selection is made, the rating of the best brands and models, including the prices of floor-mounted air conditioners for the home and the general prices for installation.
Floor air conditioner without an air duct for the home: a characteristic of devices
Floor conditioners for apartments are the most popular type of climate technology. Resistant summer heat very quickly tires a person, reducing his performance. This exacerbates all diseases associated with the cardiovascular system. Therefore, buying a mobile floor air conditioner without an air duct will be the best option. The device is able to create comfortable microclimatic conditions for a person in the house.
You can find a huge selection of climate technology on the market, but not everyone knows which air conditioner of which company is better to choose for an apartment and which particular model is worth staying at. But before looking at the prices of mobile air conditioners for the home, it is necessary to sort out in more detail what kind of air conditioners are and what advantages the floor structures have.
The current range allows you to buy floor air conditioner for the home without an air duct in a wide variety. On sale are climatic devices that are equipped with software. Any buyer can become the owner of the air conditioner without an outdoor unit with a thermostat, a timer. Modern models provide custom and automatic modes that allow you to set the desired temperature level.
Helpful advice! Mobile air conditioner for a home without an air duct will be an excellent acquisition for rental housing. Unlike an air conditioner, a split system has a stationary type of installation, so the installation of such equipment is not always convenient. Buying a mobile air conditioner cheap is a great alternative for rented apartments.
It is very important to identify when buying a split system and air conditioner – what is the difference between these types of designs. First of all, it consists in the structure of the device, from which all the advantages of outdoor air conditioners without an external unit flow:
- The small size of the body – since the climatic equipment of this type does not have large dimensions, the installation of a floor-mounted air conditioner can be performed anywhere in the apartment, even in the corner.
- Most of the structures of the floor type is represented by mobile air conditioning for the apartment. If necessary, such devices can be easily moved from one room to another.
- Installation of air conditioning in the apartment can be done independently, because – Installation instructions are very simple. This moment is explained by the presence of all the details in one case, namely the condenser and the evaporator. Therefore, not only the installation process of the device is simplified, but also the cleaning of the air conditioner evaporator.
Experts recommend installing the device near a wall with a space of 30 cm. At the same time, it is necessary to ensure that the hole for the withdrawal of condensate is free. The tube, which is fixed on the device on the one hand, with its other end is brought out of the room. For example, in a window or window.
Helpful advice! To keep the window closed you can make a hole in the wall for the outlet of the hose.
Despite the low price of outdoor air conditioners, this type of device has several significant drawbacks:
- low level of efficiency – according to reviews, outdoor air conditioners without duct are of low efficiency compared to split systems. This disadvantage is due to excessive heating of the compressor during operation. As a result, overheating of this part leads to the inevitable heating of the air in the room, so the cooling efficiency drops significantly;
- The possibilities of outdoor room air conditioners allow to fully perform air cooling only in one room. On the other hand, this nuance can be considered as an advantage if it is required that a cool climate be maintained in one room;
- noisy work – in operation the evaporator makes a lot of noise. On sale you can find silent models of mobile air conditioners without the duct Electrolux, Hyundai, Royal Clima and other brands. Therefore, before buying the device you should pay attention to the noise level;
- the structure needs to remove condensate – if an outlet hose is provided in the device, during installation it will be necessary to take care of the availability of a special place to remove the accumulated condensate. Some models of the climatic equipment are equipped with a capacity to collect excess moisture. In such cases, you will have to constantly monitor the degree of its filling and empty it in time;
- device dimensions do not allow installation of a mobile air conditioner in apartments with limited space.
Note! The floor structure can only cool the room in which it is installed. If you want to cool the entire apartment, it is better to purchase a split system.
Floor-mounted air conditioners are presented on the market in two varieties:
- Split systems – devices are not installed on the floor surface, but on a wall with a space of 50 cm. This category of climatic equipment includes devices of a universal type. Moreover, the installation of floor-ceiling air conditioners can be carried out equally successfully both on the ceiling and on the floor (more precisely, below the wall). Thanks to such an installation system, the flow of cooled air is not directed to a person, due to which there is no damage to his health.
- Mobile air conditioning for the home – this type of floor construction can be equipped with a duct or not to have it. The main advantage of such devices is the possibility of carrying them from one room to another.
- Mobile equipment can be taken with you on vacation or to the country, take it when you move. This type of equipment is popular due to the low price with the installation of air conditioning in the apartment and a simplified installation system that allows you to perform this procedure yourself.
In terms of equipment, most models are standard. Most of the modifications have only two operating modes – mobile air conditioners with heating and cooling. Instruments have a simple control system. Adjustment of the air conditioner by using the remote control with remote action. In addition, the design provides for a protective system, as well as functions that monitor the direction of flow of air and the compressor.
Note! There are models with the possibility of antibacterial treatment, as well as ionization and air filtration. Since air conditioners that use freon to cool the air are considered unsafe, most manufacturers switched to making models with refrigerants.
The stationary type structures are equipped with two blocks. They are in many ways similar to split systems. In such air conditioners, the installation of the indoor unit is carried out at a small distance from the floor. The construction itself is fixed on the wall. In general, the installation work is practically the same as the installation of standard instruments. It is important to adhere to the basic rule: the design of the indoor unit should be fixed at a distance of 50 cm from the floor (not less).
For installation of the outdoor unit air conditioner used veranda, outdoor balcony or loggia. This part must be brought out. With the help of brackets for the outdoor unit of the air conditioner, this element can be securely fixed on the external wall of the building or on its roof. It is important in the installation process to ensure that air flow from the street continuously flows through the outdoor unit into the room. For this reason, basements and rooms that do not have the possibility of airing are not intended to use such equipment.
Inside the device there are installed blinds with a floating structure and grille, as well as tangential fans. Due to the combination of vertically positioned blinds, fans and dampers, the air flow is directed in a certain direction. As a result, the circulation is triggered, providing effective cooling of the air and contributing to its rapid spread throughout the room.
Note! Most often, standard instruments have the ability to supply only one air stream. However, there are models of floor-standing air conditioners Electrolux, Bork, Toshiba and other companies that are able to distribute air in several directions.
According to reviews, mobile air conditioners without an air duct in practice are becoming an excellent alternative for users who want to get the device without the need to use special hoses for air exhaust. Similar designs differ in simple system of operation.
- The cooling water tank is installed in the lower zone of the evaporator. A small pump carries out the transfer of fluid from the container to the filter, which is due to this is moistened.
- Warm air entering the air conditioner from the room is fed to the wet filter due to fan movements.
- The air mass that passes through the wet filter is cooled. The surface of this filter is covered with molecules gradually turning into a gaseous state.
- Before installation, you need to calculate the load, so as not to overload the network. With a limit of energy consumption of 5-10 kW permissible for an apartment, a device with a capacity of about 3 kW will be optimal.
- By installing a chip socket with a built-in RCD, you can eliminate the need to install separate automatons and ground connections, and also do without making changes to the wiring.
- With a ceiling height of 2.7 m for cooling every 10 m? 1 kW is required. If the ceilings in the room are high (4 m), add another 10% to this value.
- It is better to choose more powerful devices, because due to automation, these indicators are regulated, and the shortage can not be fixed.
- Models of the closed type are recommended to be installed in a corner, on a shelf or cabinet, in order to avoid traces on the walls when an air jet is ejected. Open devices can be installed directly on the floor as close as possible to the zone that needs the most cooling.
Regardless of which model of air conditioner is installed in the house, it is important to comply with safety and hygiene standards: operate the devices as intended and according to the instructions, perform timely repairs and routine maintenance, change water and disinfect pallets.