Products for the kitchen, made of stone, have recently become increasingly popular and popular among buyers. This phenomenon is due to the high performance properties of this material. In terms of durability and strength, the products based on it are not inferior to metal counterparts. In addition, the sink for the kitchen of artificial stone will perfectly fit the interior of a room of any style, ranging from classic to modern.
Features of the material for the manufacture of sinks and their varieties
For the manufacture of stone sinks for the kitchen used a composite that includes a filler and connecting elements. The role of the filler is played by natural minerals, and their particles are connected by resins. The composition of the composite, as a rule, such:
- natural stone crumbs – granite, marble – 80%;
- polymer binders – the remaining 20%.
A gelcoat is used as a coating for a modern stone sink – a special compound that increases the resistance of surfaces. This protective layer makes the sink smooth, saving it from pores. In addition, thanks to this coating, the magnificent appearance of a stone sink in the kitchen remains for many years of operation.
The material used to manufacture products of this type is also called “cast stone”, that is, in essence, these are cast products. Actually, the manufacturing process itself is called vibro-casting. This technical solution allows to make a sink for the kitchen of stone of varying degrees of complexity, of any shape and size.
Enterprises operating in this segment of the sanitary market, produce such products in a huge number of different variations of textures, colors and shades. Today, at the peak of popularity, judging by the reviews, the washing of artificial stone of beige, brown and white colors, rough surface and pattern similar to natural material. In general, the color palette is much wider: there are red, pink, green and other shells for sale under natural stone. A large number of models of such products are made with a structural surface.
Helpful advice! If necessary, change the visual perception of the shell, it can be painted and thus achieve various effects: matte, silky matte, gloss, shagreen, antique.
Vibrating technology allows you to create a sink of artificial stone in a very diverse design solutions. Today, the most popular double-bowl products in the form of a butterfly or shell. In general, the nomenclature of the model range of composite sinks contains more positions than those made of stainless steel.
The operational indicators of sinks made of artificial stone, do not cause complaints even from the most fastidious (in the good sense of the word) hostess.
- they are practically not subject to mechanical damage. The only exceptions are products with glossy surfaces. If mistreated, scratches may appear on them;
- do not require frequent care;
- perfectly cleaned from a variety of pollution;
- they are not afraid of exposure to temperatures in the range of -30 to 150 ° C.
Do not forget that the artificial stone is not exposed to the negative effects of chemically aggressive compounds. Sinks from this material do not lose their attractive appearance, and their condition does not deteriorate even after contact with most household reagents, including lead acetate, perchloric acid and phosphoric acid, ammonia, etc. This fact was confirmed by the results of numerous studies. On polished surfaces only traces of concentrated nitric acid and acetone can appear.
Another reason to buy a sink for the kitchen of artificial stone is that this material has such an important feature as a low coefficient of thermal expansion. Due to this, even if the temperature instantly increases or decreases by several tens of degrees, the surface of the product will not deteriorate and will not crack. For comparison: on the ceramic sink for the kitchen, cracks may appear during sharp heating or cooling, when, for example, boiling water is poured into the cold sink.
The properties of artificial stone are made of kitchen sinks of the following advantages.
- durability of the working surface. The service life of these products is usually not less than 10 years. Artificial stone in this parameter is superior to ceramics, but slightly inferior to natural stone. Manufacturers of composite sinks boldly assert that if the product is operated correctly, then, if desired, it can be bequeathed even to grandchildren;
- huge stock of mechanical strength. The results of the experiments testified that this parameter of artificial stone exceeds the similar characteristic of natural material by two or three times. Even concrete is inferior in strength. Due to this, when falling into a sink made of artificial stone, kitchen appliances, iron utensils and other heavy objects, it is not damaged;
- defects formed on the surface and in the geometry of the structure can be eliminated;
- hygienic safety. The production technology of this material prevents the occurrence of colonies of harmful microorganisms and bacteria. Accordingly, it does not produce a bad odor, and an unpleasant slippery coating does not form on its surface. In addition, unlike the natural, artificial stone does not create an increased background radiation.
Helpful advice! It is possible to get rid of scratches and potholes by treating the desired place with emery paper to finish polishing it. And accidentally breakaway pieces of material can be glued back with acrylic glue.
However, the artificial stone has some drawbacks. You can not put on it just taken from the fire metal dishes (pans, pots and so on.). Use for this you need a special stand. An overheated dish can leave a noticeable mark on the sink.
If you drop something really heavy on a sink made of artificial stone, a chip or crack may appear. However, such facts are recorded extremely rarely and depend, among other things, on compliance with the technological standards for the production of these products.
In the domestic market of kitchen components relatively recently appeared sink, cast in conjunction with the countertop. Of course, they look very attractive, because there are no seams. However, more complaints are received on monolithic sinks. The above plus is leveled by the fact that if one of the components breaks (most often it happens with washers), the entire structure is subject to replacement.
Long, and often now, sinks were located near one of the walls of the kitchen or in the middle of the work area. Moving the sink in different directions is difficult, since it is necessary to change the route of the water supply and sewage pipelines.