The ceiling in the house or apartment is one of the most important elements of living space. From its appearance depends on the overall impression of the room. Previously spent a lot of manpower and resources in order to make the ceiling smooth. Today, there are technologies to not give it much importance. You can hide all the irregularities when installing two-level stretch ceilings for the hall: photos of such works are published in large numbers. They will help in choosing the style of the room.
Styles and types of two-level stretch ceilings for the hall: photo of installation options
The common room or hall is the central resting place of the whole family. Guests and relatives are invited here. On how this room is decorated, depends on the idea of the owners of the house. The device of a stretch ceiling can solve the whole complex of the problems connected with appearance. After all, even the terrible uneven ceiling surfaces of the floor slabs will be hidden under the smooth surface of two-level stretch ceilings for the hall. Photos of such a room would not be ashamed to show friends.
With all the variety of options, there are only two main types of suspended ceilings:
- Film Made of high strength PVC film, stretching when heated. Installation of such ceilings is carried out with the help of heated air;
- Fabric Made of mesh with a fabric texture, which is abundantly impregnated with polyurethane – a synthetic polymer composition, which gives strength and elasticity. This type of surface does not need to be heated during installation.
In addition, the type of surface texture can be distinguished: glossy, matte and satin ceilings. Modern industry offers surfaces of almost any color that can be combined to create multi-level ceilings. Especially popular are paintings with photographs applied on them. They can be both standard and individual “to order”.
Helpful advice! For residential premises matt ceilings are more suitable. They create more coziness and create home comfort. Glossy canvases used to arrange ceilings in large rooms, where it is important to emphasize the grandeur of the situation.
The variety of styles when choosing design options for the hall is practically unlimited. Each owner can choose a design “to their liking.” There are several general directions in the design of two-level stretch ceilings for the hall. Photos of any of them can strike the imagination with a wealth of ideas and colors.
Two-level ceilings for the living room of plasterboard, photo in the interior. Various options. Step-by-step instruction of the construction of a two-level ceiling in the living room.
In the classic and modern style dominated by straight lines and regular geometric shapes with contrasting colors. Most often, in the construction of the ceiling, two different colors contrasting with each other are used: white and red, black and green, orange and violet.
The recessed shape of the ceiling is created thanks to the competent combination of monochromatic colors: gray and blue, different shades of green, beige and white. When installing a two-tier design, this option looks very natural.
Curved shapes combine several colors. Figures created on the ceiling can have the appearance of a cone, a circle, a wave, and any other surfaces. Such a solution prevails in the designs in the modern style.
Glossy canvas is able to create indoors depth due to the reflectivity. The gloss ceilings give elegance and style to any fairly spacious room.
Stylistically two-level stretch ceilings for the hall, the photos of which are most often found, are divided into:
- Baroque, Rococo;
- Japanese style;
- modern style and modern.
You can often find a combination of two or more styles.
Modern stretch ceilings have a lot of advantages compared with other types of finishes:
- high speed and ease of installation. Lack of garbage and waste. No need to remove furniture from the room;
- the material is non-toxic and not susceptible to dirt and mold;
- additional sound insulation;
- high strength and resistance to destruction;
- convenience of hiding wiring and other communications;
- high elasticity, which allows you to withstand even a large volume of water spilled on top of neighbors. At the same time, after its descent, the canvas will straighten again;
- low cost of standard types of stretch ceilings.
In addition to all this, with the installation of suspended ceilings there is a huge number of possibilities for design with the use of lighting devices.
Unfortunately, this type of ceiling covering has very significant disadvantages:
- intolerance to low (below 5 degrees) temperatures. It is unacceptable to leave the house in an unheated state in the winter, as the film will crack;
- the power of fixtures installed in PVC ceiling is limited;
- possible sagging on large areas.
Helpful advice! To avoid many of the drawbacks, you should choose seamless stretch ceilings. They have a more presentable appearance and more reliable ceilings with hidden seams. The price of such canvases is somewhat higher.
Independent installation of two-level stretch ceilings is problematic, since this requires certain skills and special heating equipment. At the same time in the design there are no complex elements. The main components are as follows:
- special shaped harpoon;
- ceiling baguette;
- separation baguette;
- ceiling bump;
- metal corners;
- PVC or other material plinths;
- the ceiling itself.
It is easy and quick to install two-level stretch ceilings for the hall. Photos of all stages can be studied in detail for better understanding. It should be remembered that the work should be performed by a person who understands the installation of suspension systems, and better have experience of these works.
- at the first stage, preparation of the premises is carried out Furniture is shifted to the center to free the walls. The hammer drill must be equipped with a dust collector. Otherwise, you need to close all the cloth;
- wiring is supplied to all future lighting elements and fixed to the ceiling;
- then it is necessary to determine the zero mark. To do this, using a building or laser level, draw a line along the perimeter of all walls 2 cm below the lowest point of the ceiling;
- after that, the installation of the lower-level frame of the ceiling along these lines is carried out. If it is aluminum, then the holes in it are drilled through 50 cm. If the profile is plastic, then it is necessary to make them every 10 cm;
- then the profile is applied to the level line and points are marked for holes on the wall;
- drilling holes in the walls is carried out using a perforator 6 mm drill. They are inserted into the chopik, which screw into the screws, holding the frame of the profile. In the places stipulated in advance, the frame is fixed on hangers to the ceiling;
- the room is heated with a heat gun or burner to a temperature of 40 degrees and the canvas of the upper tier of the ceiling is unrolled. It is heated to 60 degrees;
- the canvas is tucked into a profile in one of the corners and snaps onto the harpoon. Then this operation is performed in the opposite corner. Along the entire inner perimeter of the harpoons gradually fastens the entire ceiling fabric. At the same time, its heating is not stopped until it is completely fixed;
- when cooling the cloth will be straightened and will stretch, becoming absolutely equal;
- the same operation is done for the lower tier, including side surfaces;
- then the installation of lighting and baseboards.
Helpful advice! If the room provides for the installation of ceiling eaves, then their attachment must be provided in advance. Usually they hide under the lower level of the ceiling.
- Care for suspended ceilings is very simple. They have antistatic properties, so the dust does not settle on them. If there is a need to wash the cloth, then it can be done with a soft sponge and detergent.
By installing a stretch ceiling in the hall of your apartment or house, you can be sure of its practicality, beauty and long trouble-free operation. It is better to entrust construction installation work to specialists with experience in their manufacture and certificates.