Keep your car in good condition as long as possible, every owner wants it. Purchasing a dry, well-ventilated garage is considered a rare good fortune. And if we take into account that city dwellers often store in the cellar of a garage a crop grown independently, creating a favorable microclimate in it becomes task number one. The recommendations of the column “Ventilation in the garage with your own hands, scheme, calculation and methods of ventilation” will help determine the choice of ventilation system in the garage.
Ventilation in the garage with his own hands. The scheme and methods of ventilation used in garages
Like any other room, the garage needs effective air exchange. The organization of proper ventilation in the garage contributes to the removal of condensate that is formed, the removal of exhaust gases and toxic fumes of car care products traditionally stored there. Ventilation in the garage performs a number of necessary functions, including:
- removal of moisture generated when rain, snow and wet dirt get into the garage from the bottom of the car;
- removal of gas clusters harmful to human health (many motorists spend most of their leisure time in the garage);
- prevention of condensation on the walls and ceiling of the room, as well as in the viewing pit and cellar;
- timely drying of the car, protection of its elements from corrosion;
- rust protection of metal surfaces of tools stored in the garage;
- creation of a microclimate conducive to the long-term storage of vegetables in the cellar of the garage.
There are several ways to ventilate a garage. You can find out how to make an installation of a particular system with your own hands from numerous video stories on the Internet.
Naturally ventilated garage ventilation is the most common ventilation system. Considering that the device of natural ventilation in the garage is simple and budget, many are inclined to choose this particular system.
The ventilation scheme of the garage with the natural method is such that the air flows in and out of the room through the supply and exhaust vents. To choose the right hole diameter, you need to make a simple calculation.
To arrange the ventilation of the garage with your own hands, you will need the following tools:
- perforator (for device holes);
- Bulgarian (for cutting pipes);
- plastic pipes (it is possible sewer);
- protective grilles and caps.
We give a step by step description of the installation of their own hands:
- Calculate the area of the vents. Considering the norm, on the garage area of 6 x 3 m, the holes should be 27 cm in diameter. If two holes are supposed, then their diameter should be half of the result.
- We make ventilation openings in the walls where air ducts from pipes will be installed later. Holes should be located at a distance of 10 to 15 cm from the floor of the garage. For these works a perforator is used.
- On the opposite wall 10 cm below the ceiling, we arrange openings for mounting the outlet pipe. The pipe will be displayed over the roof of the garage. The higher the pipe will appear above the roof, the more intense the air exchange will be. The minimum pipe height above the roof is 50 cm.
- After the pipes are installed in the gaps, the gaps between the pipes and the wall are sealed with sealant. The outer openings of the tubes are covered with bars to prevent the entry of small rodents. To prevent precipitation from entering the pipe, you can install a protective cap.
Helpful advice! The use of high-quality gratings for protection of ventilation pipes will make it possible to regulate the area of the inlet depending on weather conditions..
The natural scheme of ventilation in the garage with your own hands to implement is quite simple, but it is worth understanding that in the warm period the air circulation will become insignificant or completely absent.
More details on how to make ventilation in the garage with his own hands, you can from the video example.
A forced ventilation system will provide more efficient garage ventilation. Calculation of the garage area for such a system is not required, since the necessary air is supplied by the fans built into the system. The air enters and is drawn out in a volume sufficient for a garage and a cellar with a viewing pit. It should be noted that such ventilation in the garage provides for the purchase of expensive equipment and operates in the presence of electricity.
Helpful advice! Mechanical ventilation of the garage in the winter is the most correct ventilation system in the cold period. If necessary, it can be equipped with various devices for heating the air.
The only option for ventilation of an underground garage is to use a forced method of ventilation.
You can find a selection of videos on how to make ventilation in the garage in a forced way with your own hands.
An alternative to the forced method is combined ventilation in the garage. This method combines the natural flow of fresh air and the withdrawal of exhaust through exhaust ventilation in the garage. Forced outflow of air is provided by a fan installed in the air duct. As soon as the polluted air is pushed out by the exhaust system, fresh air flows into its place through the intake channel.
The operation of the exhaust ventilation system in the garage does not depend on the location of the ventilation openings. They can be arranged anywhere (even on the same wall), but not opposite each other, to avoid the emergence of a steady stream of air. The area of the vents is calculated, as is the case with natural ventilation. When arranging a combination ventilation with your own hands, it is recommended to carry out a ventilation scheme beforehand.
Recommendations and information on how to make ventilation in the garage will help to create optimal conditions under which the safety of the car and a comfortable stay in the garage room of people will be ensured.