Beautiful kitchen uplifting and is the pride of the hostess. Particularly trying to highlight the apron – the section of the wall between the top drawers and the table top. To achieve the desired effect, it is only necessary that the tile for the kitchen apron be correctly selected. Photo tiles are widely presented on the websites of manufacturing companies.
Tile for the apron in the kitchen. Photo tiles of different types
Choosing a wall covering, you need to pay special attention to some of the necessary properties of the tile:
- dense, smooth, uniform surface. For an apron, the relief tile is definitely not suitable – it will quickly become clogged with dirt that is difficult to clean;
- thermal stability. Red-hot splashes, steam and water that will not damage the tile will constantly get onto the coating;
- resistance to aggressive detergents. Apron will have to wash off fat every day.
Strength for tiles is not so important, since the wall is practically not subjected to mechanical stress.
Clinker tiles for interior walls. Types and features of installation. Positive qualities, types of clinker tiles. Methods of production and installation. Clinker tiles in the interior.
Today in the market of building materials are offered a variety of coatings for the kitchen on the apron.
The material is chosen glazed, dense, with low porosity. Particularly popular is the “hog” – a small-format rectangular tile with a facet (beveled end edge). Lay it with bandaging, imitating a brick wall. However, sometimes using a contrast grout to emphasize the nature of the masonry.
Tip! Do not take fancy shaped tiles. Diamonds and pentagons look good in pictures, but only an experienced tiler can lay out a wall with them. It is better to prefer squares of the standard size 150X150 mm.
It is a ceramic or glass tile of small size (smalt). From it lay out the ornaments and the whole panel. Most often, three or four shades are used for decoration, but complex multi-color images can also be laid out. Ornaments for high-tech kitchens are created from silver or black and white mosaic. Pick up the material from the catalogs of tiles on the apron for the kitchen. Doing the installation of smalt must be a qualified specialist.
The material differs from ceramics in high density, uniform shade and large dimensions (400X400 mm). Polished porcelain tile has zero water absorption, which allows it to be successfully used as a tile in the kitchen for an apron. Photo tiles demonstrate the visual perception of the wall as a whole. A minimum of tile joints simplifies the cleaning of the apron.
Tip! Tiles, which are lined with kitchen walls, should be at the same level (flush) with an apron.
Mirror surfaces are best suited for a small kitchen. Reflection visually expands close space. True, the tables and window sills should be empty. Otherwise, repeatedly reflected kitchen items will create a clutter effect. Washing mirrors is also not an easy task.
When installing it is necessary to take into account that the mirror tile has a thickness of 4 mm, and ceramic – 8 mm. If the walls are lined with ceramics, then under the mirror will have to make a thicker substrate. Despite such difficulties, the mirror is often chosen as a tile for an apron in the kitchen. Photo tile attracts with its bright and unusual look.
The glass tile is made of 6 mm thick tempered glass. This material is stronger than the windshield of the car. The temperature of its melting is over 400 degrees. Skinali different features for design. Photographic method on the tile is applied to any image. It can effect ice, silver, misted glass with water droplets. Often bought panoramic photos of people, landscapes, city architecture.
Ceramics traditionally remains the most sought-after material for the kitchen. Material advantages:
- water resistant, which is especially important when the humidity in the room is high;
- inertness to aggressive liquids – boiling sprays, steam, food and non-food dyes;
- durability. Properly laid tile will last for decades;
- extensive palette of shades. This can be seen by looking at tile catalogs on an apron for the kitchen;
- possibility of combining with other materials – wood, glass, metal;
- environmental Safety. Ceramics incorporates one main component – refractory clay, harmless to human health;
- strength. Shedding in a shard at high temperatures, the material is practically not subject to destruction. Fireplaces and stoves lined with ceramics have decorated the halls of ancient palaces for centuries;
- fire resistance. The tile does not burn and does not emit any compounds when heated. Such properties are extremely important in close contact with the gas stove;
- preservation of the original form. The coating does not change color under the influence of sunlight, moisture, detergents, temperature drops;
- hygiene. The tile easily gives in to wet cleaning. Interglacial seams are impregnated with special compounds so that they do not get clogged with dust and soot.
Tip! Buy ceramic tiles for the kitchen on the apron with a margin of 10%. Several pieces must be cracked or broken for various reasons. In the package there are also instances of another shade that will spoil the whole idea. Manufacturers of inexpensive tiles allow up to 5% of defects in one batch.
In the usual middle kitchen most often lay tiles of calm tones – beige, sandy, light gray. To somehow revive the monotony of the wall, use tile inserts with a pattern. They are distributed over the entire area of the apron, or placed in an ornament. If the inserts are taken from another collection, it is necessary to make sure that their thickness and dimensions coincide with the parameters of the background ceramics. Then the clutch will look uniform.
Often, inserts create panels in the classic or rustic style. The figure depicts some pastoral motif, like a landscape, house or blooming sunflowers. This image needs symmetry and space, so we place it in the very center of the apron.
A frieze of tiles with a country ornament gives perfection to the wall. A strip of these tiles can be placed in the center or along the edge of the apron.
No matter how ultramarine or poisonous green tiles strike your imagination, it is better to avoid avant-garde colors in the kitchen. The same can be said about the black and white cell. This chessboard will soon get tired of its obsession. The apron in the kitchen is made in a contrasting dark blue color.
Having decided to put the apron in the kitchen, you need to take into account a number of important points:
- There is a rule: the larger the tile in size, the greater the waste, and vice versa. Small parts are easier to adjust to the size of the laid out area. When ordering large-format ceramics, we add another 5-8% of the total;
- the most consumable material is the diagonal arrangement of the tile. In this case, the calculated amount will have to be added up to 15%;
- it is necessary to take with a reserve also for the reason that the tile in other batches will surely differ in color and thickness;
- the smaller the kitchen area, the smaller should be the size of the tile for the apron in the kitchen. Photo tiles also it does not always exactly match the color with the samples in the catalogs;
- if you can not match the color of the tile to your kitchen – choose white, this is a win-win option. You can take shades of white: milky, creamy, snow. Here you also need to take into account the type of lighting: in cold light, ceramics look different than in warm;
- the smaller the tile, the more expensive they take to work.
Finally. Choosing the right tile for the apron is a matter of responsibility. Cheap acid-colored ceramics will soon cause a desire to change it. Dismantling and installation of the coating will result in virtually a new repair, so it is better to immediately acquire high-quality building materials.