It would seem easier and there is no task, than to arrange lighting in the bathroom, a photo of which would be of interest. However, the opinion is not true. After all, to illuminate this room with a bright enough soft diffused light, which creates coziness and comfort, it is required to possess certain specific knowledge. We will try to convey their main concept in this article.
What determines the choice of lighting in the bathroom
To properly organize the lighting system in the bathroom, the photo of which will be an example for others, it is necessary to understand that its choice depends on the following important factors:
- The color palette of the room and interior design style.
- Features breakdown of the room into functional areas.
- The number of levels of the location of fixed lights.
- Competent selection of lighting devices.
- The size of the repaired premises.
- Your ability to visually change the space with the help of lighting.
First of all, it is necessary to note that it is necessary to think about the concept of the lighting system with specific solutions for the installation of light sources even before the renovation of the bathroom begins. Photos of various objects will help you determine the overall composition. Everything has to be provided: cables for fixtures have been built, gypsum plasterboards have been built, a backlit bath has been purchased and all other necessary measures have been taken.
All lighting fixtures that are suitable for use in the bathroom can be classified according to several criteria:
- The level of placement in the room can be distinguished wall, ceiling and even floor lamps.
- By type of protrusion above the surface, they can be open and embedded.
- For the working area that covers their light, you should call those that are installed near the mirror, door, in the lockers or above the bathroom.
- By type of lamps are distinguished: halogen, incandescent, fluorescent, LED, metal halide.
- Depending on the purpose of application: the main or general, working (directional or special) and additional decorative.
Helpful advice! At the planning stage of arrangement of lighting in the bathroom, you need to calculate in advance the load on the electrical network, which will give this room. Due to the increased humidity in the bathroom, it is worthwhile to install a separate automatic switch on this branch, protecting the network from short circuits.
There are several options for ceiling structures, which are constructed during the renovation of the bathroom. Photos of them always have images of any type of lighting. On ordinary painted ceilings, we can observe pendant type lamps. Their choice is quite diverse, and many are specifically designed for bathrooms, as they have increased protection against moisture.
Suspended structures, such as: plasterboard ceilings, plastic panels or tiles are most often equipped with built-in spotlights. It is comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, and at the same time safe, since all wiring is safely hidden. Spotlights are used in the case of stretch ceilings. If the bathroom is made ceiling system in several levels, you can use the LED backlight between them.
With regard to the types of lamps used for lighting in the bathroom, photos of various ceiling structures tells us that today the most popular are halogen and fluorescent lamps. At the same time, a significant number of incandescent lamps are still encountered, and LED light sources have begun to appear.
In fact, it is not so important what type of lamp is used in the lighting device. What matters is how this appliance meets the requirements that it is customary to impose on equipment that operates in a specific environment such as a bathroom.
Since the room for the bathroom, due to its specificity, has a high level of humidity and temperature changes, then the requirements for electrical appliances used are special:
- Lamps should not be afraid of moisture or even splashing water. This makes it impossible to use incandescent lamps without protective shades, since if water gets on a burning light bulb, it is destroyed with a spread of hot splinters, which can lead to injuries and burns. The degree of protection against moisture lighting in the bathroom should start from IP24;
- the bath or shower area should be equipped only with low-voltage lamps with a voltage of up to 12 V;
- in the immediate vicinity of the shower cabin or bath (closer than 60 cm), only luminaires with Class II protection against electric shock are allowed;
- any lamp used in the bathroom must be equipped with a protective canopy, and its parts made of metal corrosion protection.
Helpful advice! Do not overload the bathroom with electrical appliances. Excessive wiring and lighting sooner or later lead to a short circuit.
In order to properly make the lighting in the bathroom, a photo of which may surprise all of your friends, you need to know some rules and regulations. The number of light sources used is highly dependent on the area of the room. Standard bathroom with an area of 4.5 m? Quite qualitatively it can be illuminated by one luminaire mounted on the ceiling, which has 2 60 W bulbs each.
At the same time, it would not hurt another lamp near the mirror, if there is a man in the house. After all, shaving with good lighting is much more convenient. Yes, and women often like to put makeup on the bathroom.
Spacious bathrooms require the filling of each functional area with light: bathing (where a bath or shower is installed), washing and others. In the washing area, the lighting should be natural and uniform with a luminous flux of no more than 600 lux. For this reason, you should not install fluorescent lamps near the mirror, which greatly deepen the shadows and make the face of an unnatural blue-green color.
Do not forget about the requirements of harmony in the implementation of repairs in the bathroom. Photos where the lamps fully comply with all the colors of the interior of the room are more attractive. The warm colors of the decoration on white walls are in perfect harmony with LED lamps and incandescent bulbs with white shades. If the walls are yellow, then LEDs, halogen lamps and incandescent lamps with transparent glass will look good.
Yellow-green interior design requires the use of the same lamps, but with a color temperature <3300 K. Red and orange colors require a softer light of the same temperature. For cold colors, LEDs, fluorescent and metal halide lamps with a neutral white light from 3000 to 5000K are suitable.
Usually there is a certain tiered in the lighting of the bathroom. Photos of some solutions illustrate this very well.
Thus, this is not such a simple thing – lighting in the bathroom. The photo and the instruction offered by us will help you in its proper organization.