In the absence of hot water, a cumulative water heater can create comfortable conditions in the house: which company is better to buy a boiler depends not only on the manufacturer, but also on the characteristics of a particular model, its characteristics. We should not overlook the exterior design of the product, as well as the daily water consumption and the number of residents living in the house.
How to choose an electric storage water heater type: device designs
The main advantage of cumulative type structures is efficiency: unlike flow type heaters, they are able to provide high-quality results for a long time.
In the case of flow-through equipment, the liquid heats up very quickly, while it also quickly disappears immediately after switching off. The operation of structures of this type is accompanied by an increased level of consumption, since the devices have high power.
Note! In some cases, the wiring does not withstand such a load when using flow units.
Cumulative equipment makes it possible to obtain a heated liquid over a fairly long period of time. Depending on how quickly the water is cooled or its consumption, heating is carried out. This process is automated and does not require human intervention.
Scope of application of water heaters:
- country and private houses;
- office rooms;
- Beauty Salons;
- country houses and cottages;
- shops at the enterprises.
The functionality of this equipment is useful wherever there is a need for hot water.
The accumulative type equipment is a fluid reservoir (tank) inside which a heating element is installed. The principle of operation of the thermos is based on the device, the water is heated to a temperature of 50-85 degrees Celsius. After that, the heating is turned off, and the unit continues to retain heat. When water is consumed (opening the tap), part of the liquid leaves the tank, and in its place comes cold, which is again to be heated.
Cumulative structures can be pressure-free and pressure, in other words, the effect of the equipment can be compared with the operation of an electric kettle.
The internal device of the device includes the presence of the following structural components:
- tank with internal placement and a capacity of 10-20 liters;
- an anode made of magnesium (the element inhibits the formation of rust);
- heating element of electric type or PETN;
- a heat insulating layer separating the outer and inner coatings (the element helps to maintain the temperature after heating);
- safety valve (reduces the pressure level when it is raised);
- thermostat (the part that sets the temperature and controls it at a certain point).
Note! Power of tena can reach 1,5-2,5 kW. On the shelves of modern stores, you can find models that can carry out work in two modes: heating and duty.
Due to the large number of advantages, heaters enjoy steady popularity among a large number of consumers.
Advantages of the equipment:
- the heating element has a low power;
- it is possible to connect at once several points of fluid supply to one unit, since the device is designed for the pressure created by the water supply system and is locked at the outlet by the fittings;
- due to low power there is no need to install wiring, machines;
- the heater can be installed further than the water intake point is located;
- using the mixer set a certain temperature and fix the level of water pressure;
- simple and convenient system of operation;
- a certain amount of heated fluid is always available;
- design for a long time keeps water in a heated state.
There are not many disadvantages, but they do exist. The equipment has large dimensions, this can not be ignored when buying and installing the device. Purchasing an accumulative electric water heater of 10 liters under the sink for washing dishes will be enough. To take a bath or shower you will need a unit with a larger tank.
Hot water can be used only after it has been heated. Therefore, the preparation of the liquid should be carried out in advance.
To make the right choice when buying a water heater, you should be guided by many selection criteria. Any design during operation is exposed to certain destructive factors. These factors include:
- sharp temperature jumps;
- aggressive substances;
- high pressure.
Helpful advice! When choosing heating equipment in the store, you should ask the consultant about the presence of anti-corrosion coating in your favorite boiler models. This type of coating effectively protects against the damaging effects of aggressive substances.
Weak points in the design of any heater are the placement areas of welds. Leaks appear over time in these areas during operation. From this it turns out that it is preferable to buy a cylindrical version of the product, and it is better to refrain from purchasing with a volume of 10 liters of storage water heater electric flat. This moment is due to the fact that the cylindrical shape has a higher resistance to pressure. However, this does not mean that flat boilers do not benefit in other aspects.
The optimal design is such a heater design that satisfies all needs with regard to hot water and at the same time remains economical. Choosing a water heater with a tank of the appropriate volume is the first step to buying a profitable appliance.
The equipment presented in the stores can be equipped with tanks of various sizes. The minimum size is 10 liters, large products can have a capacity of up to 150 liters.
The kitchen belongs to the category of premises that daily need hot water, which is spent on kitchen work and washing dirty dishes. For this, on average, it may take 10-25 liters. For filling the bath, having the standard size, you need about 50-70 liters. The use of a shower stall for water procedures is accompanied by less water consumption. For taking a shower is enough tank with a capacity of 30-50 liters.
For a two-person family, an 80-liter electric storage tank in the water heater tank will be sufficient. In homes where a large number of people live, installation of equipment with a capacity of 120 liters is necessary.
Helpful advice! Equipment for 120 liters is able to provide a large family with water, but on condition of economical use. In order not to experience a shortage of hot water, it is recommended to purchase a unit of 150 liters.
Practically any heating device has a special protective layer. It prevents corrosion, which can cause serious damage to equipment. Protection is not the only function of such a coating, it carries additional benefits, making the design of heaters attractive and harmonious in the interiors of bathrooms or bathrooms.
There are several types of tanks:
On the inside of the wall of any tank in the heater, it is constantly in contact with the liquid, the effect of water provokes the appearance of rust. Through the use of stainless steel coating, this unpleasant moment can be avoided, which will extend the service life of the equipment.
On sale you can find tanks with anti-corrosion coating. In most cases, this may be steklofarfor or titanium spraying.
Coating in the form of glass ceramics is the most cost-effective way to solve the problem with corrosion. However, there are some drawbacks. Sharp temperature changes negatively affect the glass-ceramic surface – it is covered with small cracks. The maximum warranty period in this case is only 5 years.
Electronic control type is characterized by a number of advantages: it is easy to use, has a modern and neat appearance. But is there any reason to buy such equipment? After all, the price of a flat electric storage water heater of 30 liters with an electronic control option is significantly higher than that of a unit with similar capabilities that can be adjusted mechanically.
Helpful advice! If the area where you live, there are constant problems with the power grid, for example, abrupt voltage surges, power outages, then you should not purchase equipment that has a complex electronic filling. Any of these drops can be the last for the heater, which can permanently fail.
In most cases, the owners of the heating structures do not face the problem of constant adjustment of the unit. The optimal parameters are set once, they take into account the preferences of the person and can be used daily without additional correction. The task of controlling parameters is assigned to the relay.
The lack of electronic control is that the failure of at least one element in its complex system leads to the failure of the entire heater. While the mechanical type of control is less prone to breakage, as it has a simple structure.
In all storage-type boilers that use electrical energy to heat a liquid, there is one or a couple of heating elements. These structural elements may have different capacities.
Small tanks up to 15 liters in size are completed with one PETN, the power of this element is 1 kW. In electric water heaters of accumulative 50 liters it sets a ten with a power of 1.5 kW. Large structures with a tank of about 100 liters are equipped with a heating element, the power level of which is 2-2.5 kW.
Classic versions of heaters have the form of a copper tube, it has a curved shape and for each model of the boiler this form is specific. Inside the tube is placed nichrome thread, it serves as a conductor for electric current. This type of teng is called “wet”. Water is heated by contact with the copper tube.
Important! Over time, due to impurities contained in water, the surface of the thermoelement becomes scaled. The same happens with the inner surface of the tank. To avoid premature breakage, you should regularly clean the heater and the inner walls of the water tank. This should be done at least once a year.
The tenami is called the heating elements in boilers. This abbreviation has literal interpretation: tubular heating element. Taking into account the structural features, it turns out that it is not entirely correct to use this abbreviation to describe a “dry” heating element, as is customary to do.
A standard tubular type heating element is created in the following sequence:
- In the central part of a copper or steel tube nichrome thread is placed.
- The remaining space is filled with heat-resistant powder.
- Carrying out the rolling procedure. As a result, the tube passes through the holes, each of which becomes smaller.
The result is the final form of the heating element – nichrome, which is separated from the shell by an insulating layer of heat-resistant powder. The resulting product has a tightly compressed structure. Later it is cut into pieces of the appropriate length and bent into the shape of a spiral. “Dry” Teng has a completely different structure.
According to statistics, to buy a cheap electric water heater of accumulative type decides about 90% of consumers. The remaining 10% acquire flow models. In electrical equipment, the heating element plays an important role.
“Dry” Teng is a spiral. It is surrounded by hollow tubes made of ceramic.
Due to this, the heating element acquires special properties:
- Ceramics is characterized by inertness and passivity, thanks to this, the reaction with hardness salts is almost completely excluded. There is a blockage of the formation of scale. In some cases, tena can be destroyed by a deep reaction. The use of ceramics for the manufacture of parts eliminates the likelihood of such an outcome.
- Unlike conventional PETN, a “dry” type heating element has an increased surface area. Optimum conditions are created for effectively reducing the temperature, and on a significant scale, which blocks reactions with hardness salts.
- Due to the passivity of ceramics, the service life of equipment is extended. The tank with water is exposed to less aggressive impact than it does with a copper filling.
Note! When steam hits the insulating coating of the copper part, water particles decompose into oxygen and hydrogen. As a result, the ten is torn. Ceramic elements are less vulnerable, since the spiral is reliably protected by the material from the ingress of liquid inside.
According to consumer reviews, accumulative electric water heaters with floor type of accommodation are the safest. In contrast to flow models, cumulative boilers have a more massive and heavy construction.
Most manufacturers produce equipment of cylindrical shape, in other words, the design has a circular cross section. Some brands make parallelepiped-shaped water heaters with right angles. In most of them, both horizontal and vertical mounting types are provided.
For ease of installation boilers have additional equipment. Special mounting brackets are included with the products. There may be two, sometimes three. These elements are fixed with studs or dowels, firmly fixed in the wall.
There are several types of walls that can be indoors:
- internal (walls separating one room from another);
- load-bearing (walls holding the bulk of the building);
- false (walls and partitions made of plasterboard or other materials).
Experts recommend installing the heater on the strongest load-bearing walls. Fake partitions for these purposes are not intended at all and will fall under the weight of the device. On the interior walls it is even possible to install a flat storage water heater of 100 liters, but with the condition of using a through stud.
The home appliance market is extensive and diverse, storage water heaters are represented by a variety of brands.
The best of them recognized the following brands:
- Electrolux – consumer reviews indicate good quality products, which are definitely worth attention. Cases of buying equipment with a marriage that cannot be eliminated are extremely rare;
- Termex – according to consumers, the boilers of this brand are of good quality, excellent performance and a significant period of effective service. The minimum period of trouble-free operation is 7 years;
- Ariston – owners of heaters from this manufacturer are satisfied with the quality of products, their reliability and long service life. Cases of breakdowns are extremely rare. Design problems in most cases are minor and easily fixed, even without the help of a service center.
Helpful advice! Extend the service life of the equipment, as well as eliminate the likelihood of damage, can only be one way: follow the recommendations contained in the instructions from the manufacturer.
Average prices for products of the best manufacturers:
|Brand name||Cost, rub.|
|Electrolux||8000 – 12000|
|Termex||7500 – 10500|
|Ariston||4500 – 10500|
The Swedish company Electrolux produces heating equipment, equipped with “dry” tenami. Owners of such structures may not worry about the presence of scale on the tank or heating element. Products of this brand may become an acceptable substitute for 15 liter, 30 liter electric storage water heaters manufactured by Ariston, which are completed exclusively with “wet” fuel heaters.
Note! Despite the high manufacturability and the absence of problems with scale, the devices still suffer from sediment formed by the magnesium anode. Buying a boiler without this element does not solve the problem, since any flow-type water heater installed at its neighbors will be a source of threat to this design.
The laying of electrochemical corrosion chains is carried out at a decent distance due to the fact that the level of electrical resistance of hardness and water salts is low. The simplest models lack temperature control. This disadvantage is compensated by the fact that the power level is predetermined and calculated. Therefore, there is no need for temperature control.
According to statistics, flat storage electric water heaters of 30 liters and a smaller volume are bought much less frequently than designs for 50, 80 or 100 liters.
Review of quality models:
- In the accumulative boiler EWH SL with a capacity of 50 liters, a tank made of low carbon steel is installed. Since it is subject to corrosive damage, the manufacturer covered the tank with glass-ceramic in order to protect it. The equipment is able to efficiently serve one water intake point. The power level of the heater, amounting to 1.5 kW, eliminates the installation of a separate power cable. Simplicity, ergonomics and convenient management of mechanical type facilitates operation. The product is equipped with a corrosion-resistant magnesium anode, which has an increased mass;
- model EWH 80 Royal has a cumulative stainless steel capacity. The design of the product was based on an unusual concept. Ten kW with a power of 2 kW, subject to the availability of serviceable wiring, will be able to cope with servicing one water intake point without connecting a power cable. The design has the function of accelerated heating and a thermometer;
- EWH AXIOmatic per 100 liters with a capacity of 1.5 kW is capable of providing two points with full water heating. The design has a glass-ceramic protective coating, characterized by a mechanical type of control and advanced functionality (accelerated heating function, thermometer, economy mode (operating at half power), protection from scale and overheating).
Characteristics of storage water heaters electric Thermex
Termex is considered one of the best domestic brands. The structures manufactured by this manufacturer are fully adapted to domestic operating conditions. The company specializes in the production of electrical storage units, bypassing the side gas boilers.
Note! Recently, the manufacturer began to produce heating equipment of indirect type, similar to the principle of operation of boilers. The process of heating the fluid is carried out either from the built-in electric generator, or from the boiler, located on the outside.
Features standard spiral provide power to 1.5 kW. The heat exchanger installed in the equipment of the new generation is able to cover this figure almost ten times. In other words, an indirect heater is considered to be the same boiler, which, when connected to a domestic boiler, can produce water temperatures up to 70? С. This makes it possible to transfer heat to the circuit serving the shower.