If you have to facing the facade of the house: what material is better to choose – the main question over which you have to break your head. Facade materials can dramatically improve the appearance of any job. Their dignity is not only in decorative properties, but also in the ability to protect the walls of the house from the effects of various destructive factors, cold and wind. Consider the popular types of finishing coatings, their pros and cons, technical features, aesthetic qualities and installation features.
Facing the facade of the house, which material is better and more convenient to install
Today, a large number of facade materials are produced, differing in their technical characteristics, decorative qualities, installation features and cost. We list the materials that are most hearing:
- front ceramic brick;
- natural stone;
- artificially created stone;
- composite materials;
This is far from an exhaustive list, but the materials from it are seen as the most requested.
This ancient decoration and building material and today does not lose any popularity. Now it is customary to release it in a different color palette, although quite limited. It has various decorative varieties that have not just a smooth surface, but even texture and relief. Some species resemble a broken stone. Therefore, the brick today allows you to implement any design ideas.
The virtues of a brick come from its very nature. After all, this material is from natural components, which affected its technical characteristics:
- it does not require any additional protection from moisture, being on the facade of the building. The reason for this is very low water absorption, the level of which does not exceed 6%;
- the material has excellent resistance to any, even the most unfavorable factors coming from outside. He is not afraid of precipitation or wind;
- Since bricks are made from natural minerals, it in no way prevents the evaporation of moisture from the walls. This protects the facade from condensation;
- not very difficult installation, although it requires some experience and skills. Laying is carried out on cement mortar with a thickness of half a brick around the entire perimeter of the building. Between the wall and masonry it is possible to create a heat insulation layer;
- because of its hardness, brick perfectly resists mechanical and chemical influences;
- environmentally friendly material.
Despite the huge number of positive properties, the brick has its drawbacks, which in any case should be remembered when deciding which material is better. Facing the facade of the house with bricks is not always possible due to its considerable weight. Not all designs are able to withstand.
Helpful advice! When building masonry on the foundation should be applied horizontal waterproofing. Otherwise, the moisture will gradually destroy the bottommost row of bricks.
Natural stone is a very expensive, but beautiful and durable finishing material. People are processing it for more than the first millennium for finishing the facades of houses. The stone is able to give any structure a very respectable and solid appearance. Lining is currently used most often limestone, granite, marble, sandstone, shell rock and quartzite. The physical properties of natural stone are such that it does not particularly affect its use for several centuries. Among the shortcomings, only the complexity of installation and processing is noted, as well as a very high cost.
Not so long ago, these shortcomings were successfully eliminated as a result of the appearance of artificial stone. He does not intend to concede natural beauty and durability, but it is much cheaper. It is much easier to mount on the walls. The material imitates natural rocks so perfectly that at first glance it is impossible to see the difference. Artificial stone is available in the form of plates and panels. Attach it to the prepared walls using adhesive composition.
This is a new type of lining, which gradually enters our everyday life. The material is a two-layer aluminum panels with a locking connection. Inside they have a layer of mineral or plastic components. Aluminum is very well protected from external exposure due to its multi-layer coating.
In the process of manufacturing composite panels, they are processed by numerous modern and high-quality protective mixtures. Such processing gives aluminum sheets their main unique technical characteristics:
- resistance to environmental influences and various mechanical damage;
- low weight, because of which they can be used to finish any private buildings, including structures made of wood;
- the lowest cost among all the finishing materials, which have high characteristics of heat and sound insulation;
- due to small linear expansion, such products are subject to very small deformations during the operation of private buildings in different climatic zones.
Installation of composite panels is very simple. At their ends there are locks that connect parts with each other. You can mount both directly on flat walls and on the batten, which can be made from wooden bars as well as from metal profiles.
In the last decade, few people thought what material is better. Facing the front of the house with siding was the most popular topic. Its installation is carried out through the construction on the facade of the batten. The panels are fastened with screws in the perforation. This effectively prevents deformation during thermal expansion.
Siding easily withstands temperature drops from -50 to + 50 ° С, it is quite resistant to mechanical impact and durable. The thickness of the panels varies from 0.95 to 1.2 mm, length from 2 to 6 m, and width from 10 to 30 cm. There is a large variety of products in color and texture, therefore, the decorative properties of the material are at a fairly decent level.
Helpful advice! When deciding on the finishing of the facade with siding, you need to keep in mind that with it you have to buy a large number of different additional elements. They allow you to beautifully arrange the corners, window and door openings, gables.
Although the appearance of metal siding is not much different from vinyl, in its characteristics, it is much superior to it. In fact, it is a metal tile for the walls. It is made of aluminum or sheet steel with a colored coating of polymers or powder paint.
Installation of metal siding does not differ from the installation of vinyl. The advantages of this material are as follows:
- temperature range from -60 to + 80-90 degrees;
- the coefficient of expansion when heated sheet steel is six times lower than that of PVC, therefore, changes in size are generally not visible and do not play any role;
- multi-color metal siding looks much more “fun”, and its texture is more natural;
- the material is non-flammable and non-toxic.
When choosing between metal and vinyl siding, it is difficult to say which material is better. Facing the facade of the house both of them have their advantages and disadvantages. Vinyl is cheaper, but fades faster. But the metal is too noisy with heavy rain.
Helpful advice! If weather conditions in the form of large hail occur frequently in your area, it is better not to use vinyl siding. There are numerous cases of damage when hit by large hailstones. On the metal there are only small dents.
Do not be afraid to start self-cladding facade of the house. What material is better is hard to say. Probably everyone should make this choice for himself, based on the existing ideas about beauty, quality and consumer properties of all finishes.