Quite popular material used for interior walls, are vinyl wallpaper on non-woven base. How to glue a decorative finishing sheet? To become a professional in this matter, it is enough to know the composition of the material and a few simple rules that will allow you to accurately, quickly and beautifully design any room.
What is vinyl wallpaper and what does flizelin have to do with it?
Vinyl wallpaper, having a base of non-woven fabric – a high-quality material for interior decoration of the new generation. They are considered heavy wallpaper. They are made using special technology of roasting at high temperatures. Vinyl mass due to this becomes strong and durable, with the necessary texture. The basis for applying vinyl may be different. In this capacity, plain paper used to appear, but now they are using a special material, flizelin. He, like paper, consists of cellulose, but subjected to special chemical treatment.
Thanks to this wallpaper for walls with a similar basis have the following qualities:
- not deformed;
- do not change their geometry;
- resistant to tearing;
- not subject to abrasion;
- light resistant;
- can wash;
- breathe well.
Wallpaper with paper base must be coated with glue, as well as the wall. It is much easier to glue wallpaper on non-woven base. How to do it right, we consider a little lower, but first it is necessary to prepare in advance the tools for work that may be required.
Getting to work on pasting walls, you need to prepare in advance the wallpaper itself, the glue for such a web and take care of the following tools:
- glue breeding bucket;
- putty knife;
- roller for applying glue;
Also still need to choose the surface for cutting wallpaper. For this purpose, an ordinary table can easily fit, but you can do it on a cleanly washed floor. When you buy glue you need to pay attention: it must be designed for non-woven base vinyl wallpaper. How to glue and how to dilute the adhesive composition correctly will be indicated on the packaging.
Important! Due to the quality of vinyl wallpaper, some craftsmen do not cut them in advance, but stick them directly from the roll. On the ceiling, they make a small overlap, which is later cut off with a construction knife, and the bottom is trimmed along the plinth.
The stage of finishing where the wallpaper is glued is a rather crucial moment. The durability and quality of a finishing covering depends on it. Here are a few basic steps of this process:
- you must first inspect the walls and make sure that they are fully ready for pasting. Old wallpapers are carefully removed. If not, you can use a spray bottle to soak the remaining pieces. Cracks and dents need to be filled;
- Now it is necessary to prepare wallpaper. First of all, the rolls are checked for compliance with the shade and pattern, and after that they start cutting them into pieces of the required length. When cutting it is necessary to pay attention to the drawing, it must create a full-fledged pattern without offsets on the strips;
- Vinyl wallpaper does not need to be applied to the canvas itself. It is enough to go over the wall with a roller and you can proceed to gluing the prepared sheet;
Helpful advice! Start to glue the wallpaper better from the window. So you can reduce the consumption of material.
- Now you need to figure out how to glue wallpaper on non-woven base. It is required to make a marking of the first strip with the help of level and plumb. Having pasted the first canvas precisely and continuing the work on pasting the butt to the joint, you can not worry – the strips will go straight;
- You can smooth the canvas with a plastic spatula or a special roller. This should be done from the middle to the edges. If necessary, you can unglue the vinyl sheet and start all over again;
- for the sake of work, for safety reasons, it is necessary to disconnect sockets and switches They are removed together with the boxes, glued the canvas, and in the place where the electrical element should be installed, make an incision with a cross and bend the corners inward. After drying the room they can be set into place;
- Excess glue is carefully removed with a cloth, and the edges of the strips are carefully ironed with a soft, dry roller.
Primer walls brings positive results – so the compositions better adhere to the wall. Also, the primer fills the smallest cracks and pores, thereby significantly reducing the consumption of glue. Modern types of primers incorporate additional antiseptic additives and prevent the appearance of unpleasant fungi and mold.
Video: putty walls under the wallpaper with their own hands. Putty or putty, how to? Different inIdy mixes, nuances and features of puttying of different types of surfaces.
You can creatively approach the process of pasting, buying vinyl wallpaper on non-woven base. How to glue, or rather, how to arrange the stripes, everyone, of course, knows vertically. But lately, designers have used a different method — wallpaper wallpaper is placed horizontally. Thus, the joints are less visible and the pattern is often more original.
Important! When sticking wallpaper and until it is completely dry, it is necessary to completely eliminate drafts by closing doors and windows.
Some subtleties of the process can be learned by viewing the following video. How to glue wallpaper on non-woven base will be clear to the smallest detail.