Decorative brick for interior decoration of houses, offices and city apartments in the last decade is used more and more. The reason for this is the naturalness of this material, its natural beauty and environmental friendliness combined with a much lower price than the finishing stone. According to fashionable masters of design art, this material is capable of giving life to the most intricate and extraordinary ideas. But what kind of material is it, what are its consumer qualities, and most importantly, how can it be used in interior design – you need to know everyone who is interested in the topic of finishing work.
Decorative brick for interior decoration and its properties
In essence, this facing material resembles ordinary tiles, and in its physical parameters is close to the properties of natural stone. Decorative brick is made from high-quality natural materials, and then subjected to the procedure of offsetting. This makes it possible to give the material a very original appearance, pattern and shade.
Such products are made of various materials that can be listed:
- gypsum. Gypsum bricks are the most affordable at cost. The technology of their production is very simple, and the raw material is ordinary gypsum. This nondescript material, thanks to the paintwork, looks almost no different from its counterparts. It is practical, durable enough and resistant to temperature changes. However, gypsum is afraid of damp rooms, which must be considered when choosing this material;
- acrylic. Acrylic decorative brick has synthetic additives;
- porcelain stoneware. This is a very durable material, which is made according to a special technology, adding granite to the clay mass and pressing it. Decorative brick made of porcelain stoneware is very strong and durable;
- ceramics. Ceramic decorative brick for interior decoration is practically no different from the real facing bricks, except for its thickness. Hence its properties. It is produced by high-temperature firing of the clay mixture, to which various binder additives are added.
Helpful advice! If you do not have the opportunity to purchase a decorative brick, but you really want to finish the wall with them, then there is the possibility of its own production. On sale there are many forms in which you just need to fill in plaster. The decoration of the resulting products depends entirely on your imagination.
Used in the manufacture of decorative brick technology, contribute to giving it some useful physical characteristics:
- high strength and durable use (up to 40 years). At the same time, the outwardly beautiful view is unlikely to change over the years;
- The material is not flammable. Some varieties successfully decorate fireplaces and stoves;
- resistance to the most aggressive environments and completely unfavorable conditions. Brick tiles do not fade, and are not afraid of temperature changes and chemically active environment;
- has rather high heat-insulating properties, and low moisture absorption, thanks to which the walls lined with this building material will always be warm. This helps in maintaining a stable microclimate in the room;
- decorative brick for interior decoration has a very high aesthetic data. Its important feature is the presence of products with a very diverse geometry, pattern and shades;
- versatility when finishing. Since the tile can be chosen with any, even curved edges, with the help of it you can finish the door and window openings, arches and columns;
- Due to the fact that decorative brick tiles are covered with a hydrophobic solution, this material perfectly repels water, which allows the use of ceramic products even in rooms with high humidity.
Helpful advice! If you do not know how to decorate a balcony or an unheated basement, then it can be done with a decorative brick. The material is not afraid of frost at all and temperature changes in general.
If we take into account the technical and physical properties of this cladding product, then it can be said that the sphere of its application can be very large. They are made facing the surface of the walls in the living room, bedroom, hallway, kitchen, dining room, bathroom.
Ceramic tile for the bathroom: design, photo samples. Finished objects in various styles. Types of ceramic tiles used for bathroom design.
Special use has found decorative brick, which has a white matte textured surface. It is used with success in the design of corridors in various public buildings. He also laid out fireplaces, stoves, fountains, slides and other similar structures.
The aesthetic and artistic possibilities of decorative brick tiles are also the highest. Any shade and texture of the front surface of products is designed to emphasize and complement the most daring and non-trivial interior ideas. For example, one of the most famous options today is an aged brick – facing decorative product, which is often used for the decoration and decoration of walls in the living room, in the hallway, in the kitchen or in the hallway. It is noteworthy that the use of aged decorative brick eliminates the need for subsequent finishing of the surface.
Enough attractive and glossy surfaces of some products. Their use allows you to create a great mood and complement an interesting design solution with a certain highlight. There are many offers on the market, but it should be understood that, as a rule, all types of decorative bricks for interior decoration are designed to imitate natural stone in shape, color and texture.
The presented finishing construction material is considered truly universal. It is possible to use it for laying on brick, drywall, foam concrete and other similar surfaces. The main thing that they were fairly smooth. Since the decorative brick tile itself is a finishing material, it must be laid very carefully in compliance with the technology.
Proper and competent installation of this finishing material ensures the extension of the service life of the repair, as well as preservation of the impeccable qualities of the ceramic product itself. After all, the presence of even the slightest cracks can lead to a very rapid deterioration of the lining. In addition, improper installation will surely leave gaps between the tiles, into which the ubiquitous moisture, dirt and dust will penetrate, which will become the main cause of fading and destruction.
The most important criterion is the aesthetic quality of the product, because to create an exclusive atmosphere, only a brick that perfectly fits the whole room design can fill the house with warmth and comfort. Be sure to ask about the physical and technical characteristics of the product. However, we should not forget that the declared consumer properties are simply obliged to meet future operating conditions.
Helpful advice! Facing the most complex elements will be easier and more interesting if you choose a mosaic or non-standard figured items. In addition, using such geometrically irregular shapes, you can create all sorts of ornaments.
Do not be afraid to experiment in the design of the interior of your home. The use of decorative brick for interior decoration will make it so that your experiments will be particularly successful.