Warming the ceiling in a private house with your own hands – it is not easy a question of comfort, comfort in any room, as well as significant savings on utilities. The maximum percentage of heat goes through the ceiling, so the process of thermal insulation of this part of the house should be given special attention. The newest building materials will help to accomplish this task without any problems using two different methods – from inside the room or from the roof side.
Choosing a method of ceiling insulation
To choose the method of arranging insulation it is worth conducting some analysis of the positive and negative aspects of each variety. In the internal arrangement of the heat-insulating layer, it is best to opt for such insulation as mineral wool. Practically any heat-insulating materials are suitable for external thermal insulation.
When determining the method, the height of the ceiling is quite important. The internal arrangement of the thermal insulation layer implies the use of suspended structures, so the ceiling height can be reduced by at least 10 cm. But the suspended structures can correct significant unevenness of the repair, therefore, with differences in the level of floors more than 5 cm, you should try to stop on this method.
Warming the roof from the inside with their own hands, types of insulation and technology. Overview of various types of insulation and preparation for work. The technology of insulation of the roof sheet material, liquid foam.
The money side of the process is also of no small importance. Arrangement of internal insulation of the ceiling is much more expensive, because this includes the cost of creating a suspended structure, as well as additional materials for subsequent finishing. Inexpensive heaters can be used for the outer insulation layer, such as:
- slag granules;
- expanded clay;
Important! Any insulation can not be pressed or squeezed. At the same time he loses his properties.
The choice of how to insulate the ceiling of a private house with their hands remains for the owner. After weighing all the pros and cons, you can choose the ideal for a particular room.
If it is decided to produce insulation of the ceiling from the inside on your own, then you should be aware of the following important points:
- when working with mineral wool heaters need to use protective equipment. Such materials include a lot of thin glass particles that have a harmful effect on the body when inhaled, and also cause severe itching;
- For high-quality insulation of the ceiling in a private house with your own hands from the inside, you must first assemble the frame for the future suspended structure. Insulation is placed inside the assembled frame and fixed with special brackets for the profile. Now you can start plastering plasterboard;
- You should not use a polyethylene barrier indoors. If you cover the ceiling with a film, then you can observe the formation of fungus and mold, which will appear in black spots.
Important! When arranging insulation from the inside of the ceiling, it is not recommended to install lamps in the suspended structures.
The easiest way to eliminate heat loss through the ceiling is to provide insulation from the attic. To create it, you can apply not only rolled or matte insulation, but also bulk insulation material. The thicker the layer, the less loss. Most often used for the procedure of insulation varieties of polystyrene foam. They are light enough and able to keep warm.
Thermal insulation of the attic floor using mineral wool should consist of the following layers:
- vapor barrier;
Vapor barrier film prevents the ingress of moisture from the room in the form of steam. Drenched insulation loses all its qualities and can become the basis for the reproduction of the fungus. Such a film is fixed with a stapler or scotch tape. Laying strips produced overlap 10 cm.
After organizing the vapor barrier, insulation is laid. They are filled with all existing voids, hard-to-reach places to avoid the appearance of cold bridges. After this process is over, a waterproofing film is applied to the thermal insulation and, if needed, a topcoat.
Thermal insulation of the ceiling with sawdust is considered to be the lowest cost method of insulation. Since this material is considered to be fire hazardous, a special technology must be observed:
- the overlaps on the side of the attic are covered with special parchment;
- all wooden parts are treated with fire protection agents;
- prepare a mixture of sawdust, water and cement;
- produce fill the ceiling.
Sometimes lime or gypsum is added to this mixture. Such a measure allows you to protect the material from rodents and increase the level of fire safety. The only drawback of thermal insulation with sawdust is the inability to use the attic room, because the resulting layer is not strong enough and vulnerable.
Polyfoam – high-quality insulation that is suitable for use both inside and on the loft side. This inexpensive material with high thermal insulation properties. The recommended thickness of the foam slab is 5 cm. The work on carrying out the insulation of the ceiling in a private house is rather simple and includes the following steps:
- First, the ceiling is lined with a polystyrene foam substrate with a foil base. It is fastened either with screws using slats or with a high-quality adhesive compound;
- measuring the size of the ceiling, it is necessary to cut the foam plates according to the figures obtained;
- Next, install sheets of foam. All existing gaps and joints must be filled with foam;
- if the insulation of the ceiling was carried out indoors, you can proceed to the finish;
- if the foam is used for thermal insulation of the attic floor, then the process can be completed on this, provided that it is not planned to use this room.
Thermal insulation with reed mats can be called a little-known but no less effective method of insulating the ceiling in a private house. Modern plates made of such natural material are tied with twine or wire for strength. They are simply laid on the floor. Two-layer thermal insulation reed mats almost completely eliminates heat loss.
For adherents of natural materials, a good option for creating insulation would be dried seaweed. In coastal areas, this material is quite cheap. Small rodents do not live in it.
Insulation in the form of algae is considered curative, since it is saturated with salt and iodine, and the vapors of these substances have a positive effect on the health of the residents. Algae are not combustible, pathogenic microorganisms and various insects do not grow in them.
Since this material is not afraid of moisture, it is not necessary to equip the vapor barrier. For high-quality insulation it is necessary to lay ladders of algae with a layer of about 20 cm, and for the convenience of moving across the ceiling to build a flooring of boards.
Warming the ceiling in a private house with their own hands is an easy process. A large variety of modern materials allows you to choose the best option for creating a heat insulating layer that will suit the owner in quality and price.