Ceiling repair – traditionally time consuming phase of work. First of all, an abundance of construction waste. In Khrushchev, the situation is complicated by the small areas of the premises, that is, it is difficult to release the repair space for a long time. In this situation, rescued stretch ceiling. How to make a suspended ceiling in the kitchen? Design photo interiors will help in the selection. Additionally inspire beautiful lighting photos in the kitchen with a stretch ceiling. Especially the kitchen is decorated with the use of chandeliers.
Advantages and disadvantages of the stretch ceiling in the kitchen
Stretch ceiling in the kitchen is sometimes the best solution for several reasons:
- Speed of installation (maximum 2 hours).
- The lack of need to make all the furniture – especially important in Khrushchev! – it is enough to release the perimeter of the kitchen.
- Construction waste in a small amount is localized at the edges (not “trampled”).
- Electrostatic neutrality (does not attract dust).
- Easy cleaning due to moisture resistance.
- Stretch ceilings made of PVC film are not afraid of flooding. With apparent fineness (0.15 – 0.2 mm) they are able to hold up to 100 liters of water per 1m2 (water layer up to 10 cm).
- Low surface weight (not more than 320 g / m2). Even a hypothetical fall is safe.
- Diverse design. The possibility of drawing a photo printing.
- Resistance to high temperatures (up to 700WITH). In the kitchen under the ceiling, the air temperature can reach 50-60 0C, especially over the stove.
- The durability of operation (warranty 10-12 years, in practice, found 20 years, theoretically, perhaps 50 years).
In addition to the advantages, according to reviews, suspended ceilings in the kitchen have drawbacks that can be tolerated:
- Instability to mechanical stress (tensile strength – 17 N / m2). Fears of piercing, cutting objects, accidentally touching non-sharp objects safely (champagne plugs are advised not to be afraid of).
- Steals at least 5 cm of the ceiling height, which in the Khrushchev is so small.
- Lack of frost resistance (not below +50C, does not fit in the summer kitchen).
- The presence of welds in large rooms.
Stretch ceilings can be classified according to the type of material from which they are made, according to the number of constructed levels and the method of attachment.
Stretch ceilings are made of such materials:
- stretch ceiling made of PVC film;
- fabric stretch ceiling (polyester textile fiber with polyurethane impregnation).
Properties of these species in operation are very similar. The fundamental property is water permeability and slightly increased labor intensity of cleaning the fabric ceiling. These disadvantages are compensated by high frost resistance (up to –50aboutWITH).
Thus, the fabric ceiling can decorate the summer kitchen. Stretch fabric ceilings and in the winter kitchen of a private house will not only create an excellent design (photo confirms this). This is prudent: there is still no danger of flooding, and the need to leave the house for a week in winter may arise. In a high-rise building, even in the event of a heating system accident, the temperature lasts a long time (“neighbors heat”).
Helpful advice! The owners of the corner apartment in a concrete Khrushchev fabric fabric is recommended. In the event of a heating accident in such an apartment, hot spots may be formed.
Choosing a ceiling design is not necessarily limited to one level. For you are photos of two-level stretch ceilings for the kitchen. For those who save effort, doing the cleaning in the kitchen, it is advisable to one level. The specifics of kitchen pollution are micro droplets of fat that fly up from the frying pan and stick everywhere, forming a so-called. “Lap”. Popular reviews say that power lines are extremely difficult to remove from the corners. Especially under the ceiling, from the dihedral inter-level corners. It is easy to see in the photo that the stretch ceiling in the kitchen at one level is also very beautiful, especially if there is a chandelier. It is also obvious that two-level ceilings are much more expensive.
The basis of attachment is an aluminum frame, mounted around the perimeter of the room. Fabric ceilings are mounted on the frame in a cold way, PVC ceilings – by heating from a heat gun. For the consumer, even more interesting is the separation of the installation method into wedge (staple) and harpoon. Harpoon method is convenient no need to dismantle the frame when changing the blade. It is not only a matter of damage. Photo printing constantly offers new designs. The old picture may get bored over time.
Two-level ceilings can combine different ways of installation.
Helpful advice! Installation of stretch ceiling is recommended to perform after the walls. Then the upper wall flaws will disappear in the ceiling space.
So that the stretch ceiling did not disappoint with time, and served as a decoration for the kitchen for many years – you need to pay careful attention to the choice of film design and choose the right sources of lighting for it.