Rack ceiling in the bathroom – not only decoration. This is a functional suspension structure that makes it easy to disguise unsightly communication highways. The choice of material for the arrangement of the ceiling in the bathroom should be taken with all responsibility, since the high humidity in such rooms is literally destructive for a number of finishing materials. The ceiling made of aluminum slats is perfect for use in this humid microclimate.
Rack ceiling in the bathroom. Main advantages
Aluminum slatted ceiling is a near-perfect suspended structure for use in bathrooms. This is due to the following advantages:
- It does not deteriorate from excessive moisture. Suspension system of this type does not oxidize and does not rust. Suspensions made of galvanized steel can be considered as one of the weak points of the whole structure, but they will also last 15–20 years.
- It is worth noting the relatively low cost. Rack ceiling in the bathroom of aluminum will cost no more than a stretch.
- Suspended systems of this kind are quite easy to maintain. Do not need special cleansing and cleaning products. They can be washed with a regular rag.
- Rack ceiling is easy to install with your own hands, since the principle of assembly of the structure is elementary.
To the list of advantages of such ceiling systems, you can add an amazingly beautiful appearance, a large variety of colors and the ability to design complex structures.
The simple construction of the suspended ceiling consists of only a few basic elements:
- aluminum slats;
- stringer (carrier tire);
- starting (wall) profile;
The slats themselves can be divided into several types. They are open, with inserts and closed. When installing open, a small gap can form, closed ones are joined closely. Slats with inserts are more practical because they allow you to completely close the resulting joint, which significantly improves the appearance of the ceiling.
The width of the samples on the market can be different, it varies within 9-20 cm. The most popular is the size of 10 cm. The length of such products is 3 or 4 m. It is very easy to cut them, using an electric jigsaw or a handsaw for metal.
A stringer is a kind of substitute for the usual metal profile used to create suspended plasterboard structures. He keeps collected slats at the same level. They also come in three or four meters. The wall profile is necessary to ensure that the suspension system is completely adherent to the walls around the perimeter. With the help of suspensions rack ceiling securely fastened to the ceiling. Modern hangers help regulate the height of the stinger and the suspended structure itself.
Helpful advice! To fix the frame of the suspended structure you should not choose black metal screws. High humidity and temperature fluctuations will quickly provoke corrosive phenomena and then not to avoid rusty drips.
As already mentioned, installing a batten ceiling in the bathroom is not easy. The whole process is divided into several successive stages, performing which you can create a beautiful and original ceiling structure:
- markup Having retreated the required distance from the ceiling, on the walls along the perimeter they draw a line where the bottom of the suspended structure will be located. This is most easily done using a water or laser level. It is also worth noting in advance the places where the suspensions will be located;
- installation of the wall profile. The corner or profile is cut to a predetermined length and attached to the wall according to a pre-drawn marking. To do this, use dowels or screws. In the corners of the room docking profile is made at an angle of 45 ?;
- mount suspensions. Dowels are also used for fastening them. Suspensions should be installed so that their hooks are located just above the wall corner;
- mounting stingers. They cut off the traverse of the required length, but only so that there is a small gap of about 5 mm from the walls on both sides. Then they are mounted on sheds. For this purpose, special holes are provided in the construction of the stingers;
- Stinger adjustment. This is done with the help of springs on the suspensions. Alternately squeezing you need to install them so that the whole structure was just above the wall corner about 1 cm;
- installation of rack ceiling. Each rail is trimmed to the required size, after which it is laid on the corners at each edge and snaps onto the stinger. The most difficult to install the latest rail, it is more difficult to fix in the profile.
Helpful advice! If you plan to install ceiling lights, then the holes for them need to prepare in advance before installing the entire structure.
Rack ceiling in the bathroom according to these instructions to collect is not difficult. The phased execution of work greatly facilitates the installation process and allows you to assemble a really high-quality construction without the participation of a professional master.
How to choose a beautiful and practical door to the bathroom and toilet. The choice of material and design of doors. Requirements and features of the installation of doors in the bathroom and toilet, photo.
In addition to aluminum slatted ceilings in the bathroom often use their plastic substitutes. Suspended construction of PVC rails practically does not differ in appearance from its aluminum counterparts and also has some number of positive qualities.
Plastic is a unique material. It is resistant to temperature extremes, is not subject to rotting or corrosive phenomena. Unpretentious in operation, has a relatively lower weight, which significantly relieves the load on the ceiling. The installation of such rails is similar to the installation of an aluminum suspended ceiling, only in this case the frame can be assembled from a conventional metal profile or even a wooden lath. Plastic products are fastened with screws. You can use a construction stapler.
However, plastic slats can be damaged by sharp objects. They can not be installed in such buildings as steam rooms, baths, saunas, because the material will not withstand quite high temperatures. Also, the plastic rail can spoil the chemical solvents used in the repair.
But the most important advantage of a rack ceiling in a bathroom from PVC is its low cost. The price of the finished design will be 2-3 times less than with the arrangement of the aluminum suspension system. If the budget allocated for repairs is poor, then it is possible to use a similar analogue.