Making the kitchen for any housewife has a special meaning. Here everything should be as comfortable, cozy and functional. For the proper organization of space and the optimal distribution of the necessary fixtures, you can install the railing in the kitchen. You can learn more about this universal attribute, its varieties and installation rules from this article.
What is a railing in the kitchen
The kitchen railing is a pipe with a diameter of 16 mm of a certain length. The bar can have not only round, but also square section. The product is attached to the wall, tabletop or ceiling with special holders, the number of which depends on the length of the rail.
The bar for the kitchen is designed for the location of various devices on it. This is done with the help of hanging fittings in the form of hooks, holders and shelves, which allows you to increase the functionality of the railing and expand the list of accessories that can be placed on it.
The standard set of kitchen railing consists of the following elements:
- carrier bar;
- a set of fasteners;
- mesh shelves;
- holders of glasses;
- towel holders;
The first models of railings were used mainly in the kitchens of restaurants, which allowed for rational use of space, significantly saving space, and improving labor efficiency, since everything needed was at arm’s length. Later, the multifunctionality of such a kitchen attribute was appreciated by housewives.
Railing has a number of distinctive advantages, which makes this attribute indispensable for the kitchen. Among them are:
- mobility of the structure, which can be installed in any convenient place, even in the corner zone, regardless of the size of the room and the location of the furniture;
- availability of additional accessories in the package, due to which normal bridges are transformed into universal kitchen appliances;
- the ability to have all the necessary devices in the field of view at the level of an outstretched hand;
- thanks to the removable hinged fittings, it becomes possible to move kitchen utensils to other places;
- all seasonings can be located directly on the stove on a special shelf;
- setting the railing allows you to get more free space on the working surface;
- railing system does not need special care, it is enough to clean the surface with a soft sponge and detergent;
- in the interior of the kitchen railing brings order, comfort and special elegance;
- simple and easy installation of the product does not require special skills;
- high strength and reliability of the structure, which is able to withstand considerable loads without losing its pristine shape;
- resistance of the surface of the railing to moisture and chemicals;
- long period of operation;
- a wide range of different style solutions for railings and accessories for them.
Today, rail systems are produced in a rich assortment. They can fit into any interior room. This is due to the fact that popular manufacturers produce bars in the kitchen in a wide variety of types of products that are presented in various colors.
Depending on the installation method, the rails can be:
The most common system is the horizontal design. In the interior, it can be represented by a single line that describes all the walls around the perimeter of the room. Horizontal railing systems can be designed as a single section or assembled in several tiers.
Helpful advice! For small-sized kitchens, where it is important to use each centimeter of space efficiently, it is advisable to install multi-tiered rail systems.
Installation of rails in the kitchen is performed under the wall cabinets at a distance of up to 10 cm from the bottom wall of the structure. With the help of special hooks to the metal rod, you can attach containers, mesh shelves and other items.
Vertical kitchen rails are installed between the ceiling and worktop. Their length can reach the level of the floor. Such structures are most often located in the corner zone. Vertical railing will look good in combination with the bar.
Suspended rail systems are attached to the ceiling. The design of products is very similar to the lattice, on which there are many holders for kitchen utensils, including glasses, cups and other utensils. This is an integral element for the kitchen with a bar or island. This arrangement gives the kitchen an extra comfort.
Rails are mainly made of stainless steel, nickel, anodized aluminum or brass. Most models have a brilliant chrome finish. There are also matte rails. Plugs and other fittings are usually made in the color of the rod.
To create a harmonious combination of the railing system in the interior of the kitchen, the rods may have different sprays, due to which an imitation of a silver or gold coating, a type of bronze or brass is recreated. It also contributes to the additional protection of the holders against corrosion and moisture. Manufacturers produce rails covered with leather. There are products in the production of which used impact-resistant glass – colored or transparent. They can be embedded lighting.
To create overall rail systems, mainly stainless steel is used, which is able to withstand considerable loads without being subjected to deformation. Anodized aluminum is used for small sections or hidden mini-systems.
The configuration of the kitchen affects the location of the railing. Trailing is traditionally located horizontally above the working area. The metal bar can be mounted to any surface: pasted over, painted or tiled ceramic tiles. An exception is the facing surface of tempered glass, which is located in the working area of the kitchen. The installation of the railing system in this case should be foreseen before the installation of the apron, since after manufacture the tempered glass cannot be processed.
Rails for the kitchen are multifunctional attributes. They not only make the room more functional and comfortable for work without disturbing the general order, but also are an original decoration of the interior that will look beneficial in any style of the room.