Many old-style apartment owners are familiar with the problem of small sanitary facilities. This problem has two solutions: leave everything as it is, and just endure a number of inconveniences associated with a small amount of space, or create interesting design options and make a real work of art out of a small room. Trust your imagination and try to create an interesting design of a small size by yourself: photos and videos on the Internet will help you with this. Now there is a fairly large number of specialized sites and channels that will also help avoid typical errors for repair.
The choice of materials for the toilet
When planning the design of any room there is one important point – the choice of the right materials for decoration. Toilet – a room that is used very often, and, as a rule, there is high humidity in it, therefore materials should be selected as strong, durable and durable as possible.
Very good option for finishing the toilet – ceramic tiles. She calmly withstands moisture, looks attractive, is not afraid of shocks and other mechanical effects. If you look at the Internet photo of tiles for the toilet, you can see that from it you can create a huge number of original patterns and ornaments. Now on the market, you can pick up tiles of almost any color and texture, so you can let your imagination roam to the fullest. If you do not have enough own designer fantasies, then you will be helped by a photo of repairing the toilet with a tile.
Decorating the walls and the floor in the toilet with artificial or natural marble is also a very practical option, which will be quite expensive, but it will demonstrate to all the guests your good taste and financial situation. Marble is one of the most durable materials for decoration, it is not afraid of corrosion, moisture, does not wipe with time, looks luxurious. Its only drawback is the high price, but it’s worth it.
Another practical and beautiful material for the toilet – plastic panels. They are more expensive than tile, but lighter and very simple to install and operate. It is not always advisable to make plastic flooring, but decorating walls with plastic panels is a good idea. In addition, plastic can be styled as any other material, that is, to create the illusion of wooden or stone walls. Photos of repairing the toilet with plastic panels do it yourself on the Internet in large numbers, and the panels themselves are fairly simple to install, so you do not need special skills to install them.
Recently, moisture-proof wallpaper has become a popular material for bathroom and toilet walls. They look good in any room, perfectly tolerate high humidity and other adverse effects.
Helpful advice! The floor in the toilet, as in the bathroom, should not only look attractive, but also to be comfortable. Therefore, a good idea would be to install the “warm floor” system. With her, the floor in the toilet will never be cold, and you will feel the maximum comfort for your feet.
In addition to traditional tiles, plastic or marble, which are often used to design the toilet, you can use wood. It will look original, and wooden panels will create an additional feeling of coziness and comfort. But there are a number of nuances. Wood is a material with increased susceptibility to moisture. Photo toilet design 1.5 square. m. of wood look attractive, but you need to understand that just boards here will not be enough.
First, you should choose the most durable and moisture-resistant wood. Secondly, it would be nice to additionally process it with special compounds, varnishes and impregnations, which will improve its operational properties. In this case, the design of the toilet with wood panels will delight you as long as possible.
As for the colors of the material, it is better to choose light colors. They allow you to visually expand the space and provide many other advantages.
Regardless of what materials and colors you use in the design, it is worth considering a number of important points:
- Do not use materials of the same color. The toilet is a purely utilitarian room, but you shouldn’t make a clean room without outstanding features. If the prevailing color of the walls and the floor in the toilet is white, then it is worth refreshing it with an original tile pattern or decorative elements. Otherwise, a feeling of a sterile medical chamber will be created, and this is not what is needed for the toilet;
- beat the design of communications. The question of how to hide the pipes in the toilet is very relevant, and there are many answers to it. For example, they can be hidden behind plastic or wood panels. True, this will further reduce the floor space, so an interesting way to solve the problem is not to hide the pipes at all. This option is good if new pipes are installed in your toilet, which you are not ashamed to put on display. In some photos of the design of a small toilet, you can see that the pipes are not just turned into a separate design element of the room, but look like a work of art. You can also experiment with old pipes in terms of their appearance, but if you do not have the necessary skills for this, it is better to hide them behind the panels. Videos with demonstrations of various options on how to close the pipes in the toilet, are found on the Internet in large numbers, so there should not be any problems with this;
- Properly position the plumbing. If you properly arrange the toilet, wall cabinet or shelf and other elements of the interior, you can free up a fairly large amount of space. Otherwise, you simply clutter the room and it will be very inconvenient to use it;
- use glass or mirror panels to increase the space. Mirror ceiling in the toilet – not the best option, but the glass elements on the walls will look very profitable;
- the door in the small toilet must open to the outside, not to the inside.
Helpful advice! If you have a separate bathroom, then you can increase the space of the toilet, combining it with a bathroom. Many owners of old apartments simply destroy the partition between the toilet and the bathroom, the result is a single, but rather spacious room.
As mentioned above, light-colored materials allow you to visually expand the boundaries of the room. If you look at the Internet photo of the design of the toilet, and then read its real parameters, then you can be very surprised. White tiles, panels or wallpapers – a great option to make so that even the smallest toilet will look more spacious. In addition, light colors create a feeling of cleanliness, which is very important for a room like a toilet.
Photo wallpaper for the toilet in the apartment show that even the smallest room in which the plumber can hardly fit can be visually increased by choosing the right pattern and color. The best option is one bright spot (ornament, drawing, and so on) on the background of pastel shades.
But do not think that the internal space of the toilet must be made in white or light colors. Black or just dark walls in the toilet – this is also a good design option. With the help of dark tones, a contrast is created that looks very attractive and stylish. Yes, and white plumbing on the background of dark walls and the floor will seem cleaner. The main thing here – the right lighting, so as not to create a sense of gloom. A good design option – light floor and dark walls.
And you can go even further and use bright and saturated colors for toilet design. Photo wallpaper for the toilet in the apartment show that with the right approach interesting interior can be not only dark or light. But here it is very important to know the measure, otherwise you risk creating an interior in which it will be psychologically difficult to be, and this is unacceptable for the toilet. It is best to make one of the walls bright and colorful, and the others more monotonous.
As already mentioned, to create a harmonious design in a small toilet room, not only correct finishing materials, but also plumbing are important. Fortunately, modern manufacturers offer a huge number of options of various sizes and shapes.
In some photos of the design of a small toilet in the panel house you can see such a practical and stylish thing, like a built-in toilet. This type of plumbing is good because it takes up little space, and all its communications are hidden inside the wall. Such a toilet bowl can even have a cistern embedded in the wall, which also significantly increases the amount of free space.
Small sinks in the toilet make sense only if they have where to place. When the room is very small, it is better to move the sink to the bathroom. And if we are talking about a combined bathroom, then it is better to choose the most compact options.
Of course, if you do not have experience in the construction industry, it is better to entrust the repair and finishing of the toilet to experienced professionals who will do it quickly and efficiently. All you need is a project of the room, or even just a verbal description with further instructions and clarifications. But only when creating an interior with your own hands can you achieve true originality and satisfaction with the result.