In recent years, there has been a trend towards bathroom fittings. This is due to the accelerating pace of life, when there is not enough time for bathing. In addition, it takes half the bathroom, which is not convenient. When taking a shower, much less hot water is used, which is practical, especially when installing metering devices. Modern industry produces many different types of ready-made showers. However, many prefer to build a shower on their own from separate parts. It is cheaper. The main part is the pallet. The shapes and sizes of shower tray trays are different.
Shapes and sizes of shower trays
The variety of trays produced by industry allows you to choose the most optimal solution for the construction of the shower in the bathroom.
Today in the shops you can find shower trays made of various materials. All of them have their own characteristics:
- cast iron products are the most reliable. This alloy has unique properties. It is poorly corrosive, especially coated with quality enamel. Since the cast iron is very thick, the sound of water pouring on it is almost not audible. But the most important thing is that such a pan keeps the heat warm. These products have one major drawback, which repels buyers. This is a big weight. The pallet can weigh up to 100 kg;
- steel pallets are made of thin steel. For this reason, they are poorly kept warm, very noisy and not durable. The enameled version is a bit more practical, but corrosion may appear on it in places where the enamel has been chipped;
- ceramic pallets are very beautiful, but too fragile. Even a fallen soul watering can shatter such a product to smithereens;
- Modern acrylic pallets have all the positive qualities: they are not subject to corrosion, keep warm, not noisy, durable, easy to install. Most importantly, they can be made of any configuration;
- there are still stone and glass pallets, but because of the high cost, demand for them is observed only among fairly wealthy people. In addition, they are not practical, although beautiful.
Not surprisingly, today the most popular is the latest type of shower tray trays. The shapes and sizes of these products can be very diverse.
Helpful advice! PWhen installing a steel pallet, it is necessary to provide sound insulation, which is done under it. In order that the product does not bend under the weight of a person, a sand pillow is made under the bottom, and the pallet itself is placed on the brickwork.
Since acrylic is very plastic, any product can be made from it. In practice, in form they are:
- corner with rounding.
For a small room, the most convenient are the rounded corner pallets, since they optimally consume space and do not have protruding corners. They are installed in one of the corners of the bathroom. Other types can be mounted anywhere, even in the middle of the room.
Acrylic liner in the bath. Customer Reviews. The opinion of the owners of such inserts. Independent restoration of bathtubs with liquid acrylic. Dismantling the installed acrylic liner.
Pallets are equilateral and inequitable. The dimensions of the first can be from 800×800 to 1200×1200 mm with a step of 100 mm. The latter have sides with different sizes. The difference is always a multiple of 10 mm. When choosing the size you need to be guided not only by the size of the room, but by the dimensions of the family members. For a man of average height the size of 900×900 mm will be optimal. If the size does not fit the size, it will be inconvenient to wash.
In depth can be identified:
- shallow ones, which have a depth of not more than 4 cm. It is convenient to enter and exit;
- medium to 10 cm. Combine comfort shallow and deep to a certain extent;
- deep to 18 centimeters or more. You can sit in them, bathe children, soak underwear.
Helpful advice! Choose the depth of the pallet should be based on the needs of the family. If you have small children, it is optimal to choose a deep pan. For older people, the best is the best small, since it is more convenient and safer to enter it.
The shape and size of the shower tray trays, as well as the depth of the product, are the determining factor in choosing the method of installation.
The easiest way to install cast iron pallets. They do not need any additional facilities. It is enough to arrange the drain, connect the siphon and set the pan in place. Due to the large weight and available legs, it will be stable without additional devices.
The installation of steel pallets made of thin metal implies the installation of a special podium for durable fastening of the product. It can be made of brick or sheet materials with waterproofing. Inside mounted drain.
Since the most common are acrylic pallets, then you need to tell about their installation in more detail. It all depends on the depth of the product.
If the decision is made to purchase a deep pallet, there will be no big problems with its installation. Included with it is always a frame made of metal shaped tubes of square or rectangular cross section. Also included are 4 or 5 legs, with the appearance of threaded studs. Plastic supports are wound on the bottom of them, which can be adjusted in height by screwing.
The installation sequence is as follows:
- The pallet is turned over, and the frame is screwed to the screws on the bottom.
- In the frame and the pallet are screwed legs – studs.
- A siphon is installed in the drain hole.
- The whole structure is turned over and set in place.
- The siphon is connected by a corrugated hose with a drain hole in the floor.
- With the help of a liquid construction level, the product is installed over the horizon. This is necessary for normal water flow. Adjustment is made by screwing in plastic supports. After the adjustment is completed, the position must be fixed with lock nuts.
- If the pallet is angular, then there are still special mounts on the side for fixing it on the walls. This must be done, as a sealant is applied between the walls and the pallets, which can be damaged if it is loose.
It will take a little more time and effort. In this case, the sequence is as follows:
- In the floor is a niche for siphon and drain. Another option – arranged a low pedestal, which is mounted plums.
- The pallet is taken and placed in the right place.
- Under the product produced 3 – 4 cylinder foam.
- The whole structure is pressed by a heavy object for a day with level control.
- Do not forget to fill joints with walls with sealant.
Helpful advice! As a load for pressing you can use bags of cement or sand. A piece of plywood or other similar material is put on the pallet. This will prevent bias.
Whatever the shape and size of the shower stall, its proper installation ensures long and safe use of the shower. The use of this invention of mankind allows you to greatly save time and money.