If we talk about building a house in the country, then one of the main problems with which to face is the bathroom equipment. The lack of a centralized sewer system makes you think about alternative solutions to this issue. Autonomous sewage is an excellent solution, but it requires certain resources and costs. In addition, its arrangement is impossible without a water supply. Use of a dry closet can become a way out. We will try to understand what it is and how to choose the dry closets for the dacha: prices, reviews and other materials will help to evaluate all the advantages of this type of toilets and independently choose the right option for you.
How to choose dry closets for giving: prices, reviews and classification
The dry closet is a sanitary product which appeared in the market not so long ago. Its main task is to collect and store human waste products, neutralize unpleasant odors and reduce waste.
Dry closets can be divided into two types:
- stationary – a special cabin, inside which a regular bio-toilet is installed;
- portable – in fact, the same toilet. It is installed, as a rule, in a house or in a specially equipped room.
According to the principle of functioning dry closets are divided into three groups: chemical, peat and electric. Each of these options has its advantages and disadvantages, which, accordingly, affects the cost (from 6,000 to 40,000 rubles). In order to understand how to choose the toilets to give: prices, reviews, descriptions and characteristics of each type of construction are given in the article below.
The chemical dry closet consists of two tanks located one above another and connected among themselves. The upper part is a tank with water, a seat and a lid. The lower section is used to store waste and usually has a volume of 12-14 liters. A special chemically active liquid is poured into the bottom of the device, which processes the contents, neutralizing the unpleasant odor. These tanks are separated by a valve.
Before using a dry closet with such a design, water and a deodorizing liquid specially designed for this purpose are poured into the upper part. In the lower section is poured chemical reagent. As it is filled, the lower container must be cleaned and filled with new liquid.
For ease of use, many models are equipped with a fullness indicator. So, you can easily find out when it’s time to empty the bio-toilet, and you do not have to look inside for a check from time to time.
Chemical toilets are very easy to install and operate, they can be installed both indoors and outdoors.
Before you buy a toilet to give, you should pay attention to several important points, such as the volume of the tank, the flushing system, the presence of a fullness indicator and a pressure relief valve.
The volume of the tank depends on the number of family members and the expected frequency of use of the toilet. It should be borne in mind that a large container filled with waste will have considerable weight, which means it will become more difficult to carry it. In addition, all chemical reagents for such dry closets are active for no more than two weeks.
When choosing a toilet to give, decide on the model of pump that will provide flushing. Depending on the principle of work, they are:
- piston The easiest option. In order to get a certain amount of fluid you just need to apply a little physical effort. In the use and repair of such a system is primitive;
- pump action They have a slightly more complicated structure, but do not require any effort in operation. However, in this embodiment, it is not possible to control the pressure and the amount of fluid. In case of failure of such a system, self-repair is not recommended. It is better to immediately consult a specialist;
- electric. The most modern and convenient option. The principle of operation is very simple – pressing the button ensures that a certain amount of water is drained. Power such a system receives from the batteries, which must be replaced regularly. Otherwise, the electric pump is the best option today. Repair of a dry closet of this type has to be made only by the professional.
The presence of the occupancy indicator can not be called mandatory, however, this is a very convenient addition. The presence of such a bonus will affect its price, but you do not have to regularly look into the lower tank to make sure that it is not full yet.
The presence of a pressure relief valve will allow accurate discharge of the contents of the container, without splashing the liquid. Very well, if the design provides the ability to lock the valve in the open position.
Helpful advice! When buying reagents for chemical dry closets, pay attention to whether it is possible to subsequently discharge this liquid into the soil. Today, many special active substances are produced that do not harm the environment.
Thetford Qube 345: a chemical dry closet for giving. Price, reviews
The Thetford Qube 345 dry closet is a small mobile version of the toilet, which is ideal for use in the country. In this model there is a built-in indicator of the container fullness. The toilet is equipped with a piston pump. The rest of the design is quite normal: the upper tank with clean water to drain and the bottom container for collecting waste.
Main technical characteristics of Thetford Qube 345:
- country of origin – Holland;
- weight – 3.8 kg;
- seat height – 32.4 cm;
- the volume of the lower container – 12 liters;
- the volume of the upper water tank – 15 liters;
- features – the presence of the bottom tank filling indicator;
- size – 330х383х427 mm;
- White colour.
The price of such a model of a liquid dry closet is 6155 rubles.