Profiled pipe – a multifunctional material that is suitable for the manufacture of a variety of different designs. These include greenhouses and greenhouses. The process of making the frame of the profile pipe does not require special skill and is quite accessible to everyone. Consider how to make a greenhouse from a profile pipe with your own hands: photos and installation tips will be excellent helpers during work.
Types of greenhouses and tips on placement on the site
In order for your greenhouse to be able to qualitatively perform the function assigned to it, it is necessary to choose the right place for its installation. This will increase yields, as well as maximize the life of the structure.
Here are a few recommendations that will help you choose the right place:
- select a flat, well lit area;
- ideally, the length of the greenhouse should be from north to south;
- try to find a place that will be protected from excessive wind exposure;
- the structure should not be located in low-lying areas if there is a risk of water accumulation (thawed or groundwater).
There are two main types of greenhouses, which differ in the form: arched and tent.
Arched greenhouses, in most cases, they are made in specially equipped for this production. This is due to the fact that it is quite difficult to bend the pipe into the desired shape by yourself.
Among the advantages of greenhouses of arcs with a covering material can be identified a simple collection of already bent parts and minimal cost of finishing the structure. Among the downsides of such a building, not too high functionality is noted, as well as restrictions on the height of the beds, which are located at the edges. Although it is often possible to find greenhouses for cucumbers made from the photo with their own hands, collected according to this principle.
Tent greenhouses have a much simpler design, since their construction is not associated with the need to bend the pipes. In most cases, tent greenhouses are made independently, although ready-made models are also on sale.
Due to its hip shape, the size of the greenhouse can significantly expand the possibilities of movement inside, and also allow you to grow plants of almost any height, even in the extreme beds. However, the increase in functional characteristics has to be paid, and the cost of such a structure will be higher than in the case of the construction of an arched greenhouse. This happens because in this case more covering is required for covering material.
Helpful advice! To ensure maximum greenhouse durability and stability, use only materials that have increased strength.
Any greenhouse consists of basic elements – the foundation, frame and covering material. Their strength and durability are directly dependent on the materials used in the process of their construction. Profile pipes are one of the most accessible and at the same time strong bases, which, with proper installation, can serve for many years. In addition, to make a greenhouse from the pipework yourself is quite easy.
A greenhouse will last you much longer if you install it on a foundation. What basis is better to use and how to do it if you decide to build a greenhouse with your own hands? Consider the most appropriate basement options.
Ideal basement option for a greenhouse – brick or concrete. It is relatively easy to build, and at the same time it is quite durable and reliable. Of course, a greenhouse is a non-residential premises, and laying a full-fledged foundation can be quite expensive.
The steps of pouring a concrete foundation for a greenhouse:
- make a markup on the selected site, outlining the boundaries of the future greenhouse;
- remove the top layer of the earth, going deep by 20-25 cm;
- in the resulting trench pour fine gravel, then as much as possible tamp and equalize it;
- then prepare the concrete solution using sand, gravel, cement and water;
fill the foundation with mortar;
- give concrete time to freeze and settle.
Helpful advice! In order to improve the quality of the cement slurry and, accordingly, the foundation, it is necessary to wash the gravel and sand from possible additional impurities.
How does the construction of a greenhouse and a greenhouse begin? Naturally, with the purchase of all the necessary materials and tools.
Here is a list of what you need to make a greenhouse with your own hands according to the drawings or photos:
- a 20×20 mm shaped tube that will be used as longitudinal guides;
- profiled tube size 20×40 mm for installation of vertical racks of the structure;
- metal screws;
- ordinary door hinges;
- paint and primer intended for exterior use;
- welding machine (preferably with a capacity of more than 3 kW);
- good construction level;
- measuring tape;
Having available all these tools, you can safely begin to build a greenhouse frame.
As a guide, you can use your own greenhouse drawing. In this case, use the dimensions that are indicated in it. On average, the length of a standard greenhouse takes about 8 m, the width – about 3 m. However, much depends on the size and shape of your site, so in this matter will have to focus on the site. Having dealt with the necessary measurements, proceed to cutting the profiled pipes of the required length.
When all the elements are ready, you can begin to assemble the structure. Using a welding machine or crabs-connectors, you must fasten the vertical and longitudinal parts of the greenhouse.
Helpful advice! If you want to be able to disassemble the structure, if necessary, then you do not need to weld the elements. Use the connectors on the bolts.
After all the elements will be interconnected, take care of the presence of window and door openings. To do this, it is necessary to carry out measurements, after which you can proceed to the manufacture of boxes for them. When everything is ready, all that remains is to weld the box to the bar, which is attached to the extreme arcs of the structure.
There are two options for the location of windows and doors in the greenhouse:
- the window is located opposite the door;
- Windows are located opposite each other, on both sides of the greenhouse.
After the assembly is completed, the finished structure must be treated with a special primer and paint.
Before you start building a greenhouse, you need to decide what material you plan to cover it. Consider all the most simple and popular options:
- glass – has an excellent ability to transmit sunlight, while maintaining the temperature inside the greenhouse, the most suitable for plants. Among the shortcomings can be identified only the relatively high cost of the material and the occurrence of certain difficulties in the installation process. Also likely to damage the coating, which entails considerable repair costs;
- Polyethylene is a cheap and affordable material that is not used very often for building greenhouses. Its disadvantages are a low strength indicator, as well as a poor response to exposure to ultraviolet rays;
- non-woven materials – acrylic, lutrisil or spunbond. This is a kind of alternative to the first two options. On the one hand, such a coating perfectly protects the crop inside the greenhouse, on the other – ensures the ingress of sunlight. This is a great option if your goal is to protect plants from heavy rain or, conversely, drought. True, the service life of such materials does not exceed five years, but due to the not very high cost, the replacement in such a period can be afforded;
- Polycarbonate is by far the best covering material for a greenhouse. The combination of strength and low weight make it indispensable. The durability of polycarbonate exceeds ordinary glass by 200 times, while at the same time letting in sunlight and keeping warm. Trimming and fitting of this material to the desired size is done elementary, thus providing endless possibilities for self-construction.
Helpful advice! Fumigating a greenhouse, do not forget about self-defense and compliance with safety regulations.
As you can see, self-construction and maintenance of a greenhouse from a shaped tube is a simple science. All you need is basic tooling and a little patience. However, if everything works out, then you will be able to greatly benefit from the results of your work. And in order not to doubt the result, look at the photos of greenhouses with your own hands from scrap materials. Some options are simply striking in their beauty and functionality.