An excellent alternative to wooden fencing was a fence made of metal picket fence: a photo of such structures illustrates the clarity of lines and a variety of designs. Metal shtaketnik different strength, variety of colors and high-quality protective polymer coating. Manufacturers offer components for the assembly of the fence, it is quite simple to install. And such a structure can serve for over 50 years.
The advantages of the metal profile for the fence
A fence made of metal picket fence (the photo clearly demonstrates this) is not only reliable protection and securing the boundaries of the site, but also serves as a stylish garden accessory adorning the local area. Due to the fact that the fence is available in a wide range of colors, you can choose the desired color, in harmony with the roof or facade cladding of the main house.
The color imitating wood is very popular. Such a fence with its natural color visually reminds a fence made of wooden picket fence. The height of the fence from the evroshtaketnik is chosen individually, it is perfectly suited for framing the cottage and garden plots, the allocation of recreation areas, flower beds and flower beds. Photos of beautiful picket fences illustrate various forms of enclosing structures.
In addition to the aesthetic appearance, metal picket fences have a number of significant advantages:
- universality – fences can be used not only for fixing the perimeter of personal plots, building gates, gates, but also for fencing the territory of administrative, industrial and agricultural complexes;
- reliability and durability – a profile made of galvanized steel, has a protective coating that does not fade in the sun. The fence is resistant to temperature extremes, natural rainfall, not subject to windage;
- excellent protective functions – the fence can reach 5 m in height, the upper ends of the picket fence made in the shape of a spike make it difficult to reach overcoming such a fence;
Wood fence do it yourself. Interesting solutions of modern fencing. Types of wooden fences. Useful recommendations for installation. Wicker fences do it yourself. Installation of the fence of the boards.
- a variety of forms – the fence sections can have a wave-like or direct shape; the fence can be made in the form of a “chess”; the design of the picket fence itself can be one-sided and two-sided. Optionally, you can adjust the pitch of the fence, getting a translucent or closed type of fencing;
- light weight, ease of transportation, ease of installation – compact packaging elements of the fence makes it possible to comfortably transport the material, easy installation is ensured by the presence of the assembly scheme and a set of fasteners. For installation bolted connections are used. In case of failure of a separate element, it can easily be replaced with a new one;
- simple care – the fence does not require periodic repairs; you can use a regular sink for maintenance;
- low cost – the price of a metal fence for a fence is 20-30% lower than on barriers made of corrugated board with similar performance characteristics. The absence of expenses during the operation is economically justified and beneficial for the use of the fence, both for protection and for decorative decoration of the territory.
The fence from evroshtaketnika going on the same principle as the wooden fence: vertical racks, transverse horizontal guides and metal fence. The fence can be made one-sided or with both sides. Often two colors are used: bright from the street and a calmer tone from the inside of the courtyard.
Metal, concrete or wooden poles can be used as support posts for the fence sections. The basis can be tape, column or pile foundation. If you intend to combine a metal fence with brick or masonry, you need a solid foundation of concrete or brick. Such a fence will be more expensive, but its appearance will be much more solid.
A lighter and more inexpensive fencing can be obtained by using a metal hollow tube with a diameter of 0.6 m or a shaped tube of square or rectangular cross section. For reliability, pipes are installed in the ground and concreted. For guides fit pipes with a smaller section.
When assembling fences from an evroshtaketnik, it is recommended to use the building level to determine the precise vertical and horizontal elements used. The strength and appearance of the structure directly depends on this.
Helpful advice! Depending on the general style of the local area, it is possible to use a metal picket fence with rounded or pointed upper ends or to enclose all the vertical elements under the horizontal decorative bar in the form of a ridge.
It is possible to give a more presentable look to the fence made of euroshtaketnik by installing brick pillars for the fence. Photos of options available on the web will help to familiarize yourself with the varieties of such walling.
Despite the simple design, there are many options for the implementation of the fence of metal picket:
- undulating – consists of sections, the upper part of which is shaped like a wave;
- arc-shaped convex – the upper cut of such a fence has a convex arc;
- arcuate concave – spans of the fence have a concave shape, where the middle slats have the smallest height;
- “Ladder” – in this model, the bar fences alternate with each other in length: one is higher, the other is lower;
- “Fir-tree” option – the shape of the upper part of the sections resembles the cone-shaped crown of spruce;
- “Trapezium” form – in this enclosure, the pattern of the upper cut has trapezoidal outlines;
- “Peaks” configuration – the line of the upper edge of the fence resembles peaks, of which there can be several in one section;
- “Canyon” form – in this variant, along the edges of the section there are the highest planks, which gradually decrease towards the middle of the span;
- Wings model – in this embodiment, the drawing of the upper line resembles the wingspan;
- “Pyramid” – the span of one section is shaped like a pyramid.
In addition, the fence from evroshtaketnika can be installed on a stone or brick base. Such a fence looks very impressive and has a robust design. From the slats, you can also make the gate and wicket. Recently, it is very often possible to see the horizontal position of a picket fence at some angle with an overlap of the “louvre” type.
Given the simplicity and ease of installation, installing a picket fence with your own hands will not be difficult. All accessories, fasteners and assembly schemes can be purchased complete with a picket.
The following tools will be required for the construction of an evroshtaketnik:
- shovel, manual or electric drill – needed for the device pits or trenches for the tape base;
- welding machine – necessary for fixing the horizontal guides to the support posts;
- screwdriver or screwdriver – with this tool, fasten the metal strips to the guides;
- hammer, building level, marking cord, tape measure, sledgehammer and other small tools that may be needed in the process;
From the materials you will need:
- profile hollow tubes with a cross section of 60×60 mm – given that the metal fence sections are fairly light in weight, this size of the cross section will be sufficient for vertical supports;
Helpful advice! The longer the span and the higher the fence, the larger the section of the metal pillars used for the construction of supports.
- metal profile tube 20×40 mm – a smaller section profile is used for horizontal guides, to which the evroshtaketnik will be attached;
- metal strips (shtaketnik) – the shape of the profile and the thickness of the slats, their number is selected individually depending on the type of future design. If a blind fence is planned, the batten will have to be purchased twice as much;
- self-tapping screws with press washers – for fastening the slats to the guides, it is necessary to purchase the fasteners of the same color to the Euroshtaketnik;
- primer, paint in the color of the fence – for painting the metal frame;
- crushed stone, sand, cement – for concreting support columns.
Before proceeding with the installation of vertical supports, it is necessary to mark the perimeter for the future structure. The territory is freed from vegetation and debris, pegs are hammered around the perimeter, and a construction cord is stretched between them. Next, outlines the installation site of the pillars, they are located at a distance of 1.5-2 m from each other.
Pit depths of about 60 cm are drilled or dug in the planned places. Metal pipes for the fence are installed by immersing them into the holes, after which they check the vertical with a sledge hammer and hammer them into the ground another 40-45 cm. Then the pits with poles are concrete . At this stage, it is important to check that all the poles are set vertically and have the same height.
As soon as the concrete grabs, transverse metal beams are welded to the vertical supports. The first rail is mounted at a distance of 30–40 cm from the ground level, 20–30 cm recede from above. The finished fence frame is coated with a primer and painted to the color of a metal picket fence, paying special attention to the places of welding joints.
Helpful advice! To prevent water from entering the vertical support pipes, it is necessary to cover each rack with a decorative cap of an identical color.
In order for a fence made of an evroshtaketnik to have a neat appearance, it is necessary to place each bar at an equal distance from each other. Gaps between the slats of unequal width make the appearance of a careless and immediately catch the eye. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully mark and fix the locations of the metal picket fence.
If your fence does not have a base, you need to ensure that the distance from the ground to the lower cut of the picket fence is sufficient to prevent metal from contacting the ground and water and at the same time that a small animal cannot squeeze under the fence.
For fastening of a shtaketnik use only galvanized self-tapping screws. In this case, the attachment points will not be subject to corrosion. Self-tapping screws can be purchased in the same color as the picket fence. Each strip is fixed at four points along its height. The pitch between the plates is chosen individually and can be from 1 to 10 cm.
The most common is the distance between the slats in 3 cm. The slats are fastened in two ways: the usual fastening – for a translucent fence and a checkerboard – to get a deaf construction.
You can purchase an evroshtaketnik from manufacturers specializing in the production of such fences. There are two options for the manufacture of metal shtaketnik: spans fencing can be cut from a solid profiled sheet or made on special equipment – rolling mill.
It is worth noting that the picket fence, cut from a professional sheet, is the most affordable, and rolled products have a well-processed edge of the slats, which contributes to durability, but their price is much higher.
Fencing of evroshtaketnika can be purchased ready-made sections or individually. Approximate prices for a metal fence for a unit per piece: with one-sided coating from 60 rubles per meter, with double-sided coating – from 70 rubles per meter. The cost of the fence section is affected by the height of the structure, the gap between the slats, the methods of fixing the plates and the presence of wickets and gates.
The approximate cost of a fence from an evroshtaketnik with installation we will consider in tables below.
Evroshtaketnik “Economy”: U-shaped profile, fastening to two guides, supporting posts from a profile tube 2 mm thick with a section of 60×60 mm:
|Fence height, m||Step between the slats, cm||Cost, rub. / Rm.|
Metal shtaketnik “Finfold”: U-shaped profile, fastening to two guides, supporting legs from a profile pipe 2 mm thick with a section of 60×60 mm:
|Fence height, m||Step between the slats, cm||Cost, rub. / Rm.|
On the websites of manufacturers posted photos with models of the proposed fencing sections. The price can be oriented on the individual construction of the fence using the electronic online calculator or by calling the manufacturer’s consulting service. Quite often, all sorts of actions are organized, including the free manufacture of a fence or wicket when ordering a fence from an evroshtaketnik.
Many consider the fence made of metal fence the best solution for fencing homestead and suburban areas. The installation of such a fence does not require significant financial costs, the fence is easily mounted independently and gives a chance to prove himself as a designer, combining a metal picket fence with other building materials.
If you do not have practical skills in construction, or you have limited free time, it is possible to choose a reliable manufacturer of Euroshtaketnik and order the model you like with the installation. Surely made by professionals fence will have a very decent and attractive appearance.