A wide selection of pool models produced by various manufacturers poses the question of which pool is better: inflatable or frame? To give preference to one or another model will help a detailed analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of each type of design, comparison of the cost of different options, as well as feedback from those who have been using their own pond for some time. The only thing invariable is that the acquisition of a frame or inflatable pool is available to a person with any level of wealth.
What is the guide when choosing a pool for the garden? Photo examples of private reservoirs
Before you decide which pool is better for giving, you need to pay attention to several factors:
- availability of free area for the installation of the pool in the country – models offered by many manufacturers may have different dimensions and depth;
- intensity of use – if you happen to be in the country from time to time, then there is no sense in installing a volume pool that takes a long time to assemble or disassemble;
- the purpose of the reservoir – the choice of the pool affects, it will be used by adults or children;
- capacity – if your family is large, it makes sense to purchase a model in which several people can bathe at once;
- availability of water supply – if in your holiday village there are problems with water supply, then maintenance and care of the pool will be quite difficult. In addition, the choice of a design with a large load implies the need to fill or drain a significant amount of water in one step;
- power supply – is it possible to supply electricity to the installation site for connecting filtration equipment;
- financial opportunities – the prices of outdoor pools for dacha are quite feasible, but more advanced and volumetric designs will cost more.
Companies that sell pools for private use offer many types and models of artificial reservoirs. Among them are stationary, prefabricated frame and inflatable structures. To build a stationary pool will require a lot of financial investments, but to purchase and install at the cottage of a frame pool or inflatable one can afford any summer resident.
The design of the frame pool is a frame and a bowl. There are collapsible (seasonal), frost-resistant (all-season) and stationary frame pools. Folding models of frame pools with their own hands are mounted directly on the site in the summer and dismantled at the end of the season for storage. They consist of metal pipes connected in a frame, inside of which is located the pool basin.
The pond bowl is made of several layers of reinforced polyvinyl chloride, which has high strength. PVC film thickness ranges from 0.5 to 0.7 mm. In such pools, the pressure of the main mass of water falls on the frame. This reduces the load on the bowl, so that the shape of the structure does not change when it is filled with water. Pools of this type are designed to load water up to 7 liters and are designed for bathing children up to 12 years.
Reservoirs of larger volumes need to be strengthened. This is achieved by connecting around the perimeter of the metal sheets. Pools with a shield frame are considered more durable than counterparts with a tubular base. But if we compare the cost of a pool with a leaf frame and a reservoir of identical size with a tubular framework, the first option will be much more expensive.
The shape of the frame pools can be rectangular, oval or round, there are models of two semi-oval, attached to each other in the form of “eight”. You can verify this by reviewing the photo frame pools in the country. Seasonal models can be used for 5–8 years, the cost is determined by the size of the frame pool and depends on the manufacturer.
Helpful advice! When replacing water in a frame pool, connect a flexible garden hose to the drain valve and use this water to water the beds.
All-season frame structures can not be dismantled with the advent of cold weather. Such designs do not differ in appearance from collapsible versions, with the only difference that the sheets with a thickness of 0.8 mm have a profiled structure and a multi-layer enamel coating. The sides of the structure and the frame of the frame with transverse beams do not allow the basin to deform when the water freezes. The service life of the frame deep frost-resistant pool for giving is up to 15 years.
Artificial frame bodies of stationary type are made in combination: duralumin, steel, plastic and wood impregnated with a moisture-resistant composition. They are mounted by bolted, locking and adhesive joints. The bowl is also made of 3-4 PVC layers with a thickness of up to 1.5 mm. The construction is reliable and rigid, but it cannot be dismantled without damage to the bowl material.
The advantages of stationary frame pools over seasonal ones are the maximum depth of the tank, a variety of shapes (including difficultly curved), the possibility of depth drops in the bowl and a long service life (over 15 years). However, it is no longer possible to transfer structures to another place and the cost of construction is comparable to the cost of a concrete pool.
Inserted pools for summer cottage: types and characteristics of models. Pools of reinforced concrete, composite, polypropylene. Independent installation of polypropylene construction.
It should be noted that collapsible frame ponds are not equipped with additional equipment: a skimmer and sand filter. Therefore, at the bottom of the pool and on the surface of the water fine debris, insects, and fallen leaves will gather. And to connect a vacuum cleaner for the pool will be difficult due to the weak operation of the pump. This must be considered when choosing the best option.
Frame pools have a solid appearance, they are strong and reliable. The main advantages of these structures include:
- classic forms – frame pools for giving a rectangular or round shape appropriately look at the background of the landscape of any style;
- a rich model range – you can choose the design of an acceptable shape and size, taking into account your preferences;
- no pump needed – this advantage can be used if power supply is not available;
- simple installation – assembly and installation at the cottage of a frame pool with your own hands under the power of anyone when reading the manufacturer’s instructions;
- durability – is achieved using wear resistant materials;
- frost resistance – all-season type constructions freezing does not harm;
- the possibility of burial – given that the frame provides rigidity to the pool, it is possible to embed it into the ground by about a third of the total height of the bead;
- availability of additional equipment for all-season models – equipped with skimmers (for cleaning the upper layers of water), a filtration system similar to the equipment of stationary reservoirs, as well as filter pumps that allow you to take care of water in the pool;
- the ability to move the design – seasonal frame pools can be easily dismantled and moved to another location.
Among the shortcomings, it should be noted that collapsible frame pools must be dismantled at the end of the season: they are unstable to frost. There are certain difficulties in equipping the structure with additional equipment (lights, waterfalls, etc.). The lack of strength of the sides of frame ponds does not allow vacationers to sit on them or lean heavily.
Helpful advice! Ladders for the frame pool should not adjoin to a side as the design even with a covering from metal is not designed for it.
In addition, in small artificial reservoirs, there is no possibility to swim. Acquisition of frame deep pools for summer cottages with a greater load will be associated with an increase in the financial cost of acquiring them.
When installing a frame pool in the country with their own hands, there is no need to stock up with any special tools or equipment. For installation, use the usual set of tools available in every home. The involvement of qualified professionals is not required. Installation of the pool is quite fast. For example, use the video “How to install a frame pool in the country.”
Frame models of collapsible type are built on the site without preliminary preparation of the soil. It is only necessary to determine the place and clean it of vegetation and debris. The design does not need the device and concreting of the pit. Many gardeners practice the construction of frame pools with their own hands from scrap materials. Photos of unique homemade ponds are often put on the Internet.
In order to create mini-pools for themselves, the craftsmen use tires, old bathtubs, plastic bottles laid on the solution and many other materials. Popular hand-made pools of pallets. As a container in such structures using a bowl of awning fabric. Pools with their own hands decorate various materials.
Helpful advice! When building a pool of pallets with your own hands, it is necessary to treat all wooden elements with compositions against premature rotting and destruction.
Self-made frame pools are quite low cost and easy to install structures. Their disadvantages include the lack of a quality purification system. Used water will simply have to be drained in order to collect a new and clean one in the bowl.
Modern inflatable structures are made of several layers (3 and more) of polyvinyl chloride, where air is pumped. In case of accidental damage to one layer, water gets into another: a multi-chamber effect is formed. Large inflatable pools are reinforced with polyester mesh. Some models are made with an inflatable bottom, which makes the reservoir safe, including for children.
According to the method of filling, artificial reservoirs are inflatable and liquid. Air is pumped into inflatable structures by means of a pump and the structure acquires its shape. Bulk pools have a PVC ring around the perimeter. As the tank is filled with water, the ring floats, lifting and leveling the pool walls. In addition, the ring serves to support the sides of the structure.
Helpful advice! Due to the lack of an inflatable structures of the frame, you should not lean on the side of the pool.
The main advantages of inflatable models:
- a huge selection of models – inflatable pools can be purchased in any shape, color and size;
- easy and quick installation – before installing an inflatable pool in the country, any suitable place is selected, air is pumped in and the structure is filled with water;
- ease of care – the product is easy to clean with the use of harmless products;
- reliability – pools of inflatable structure are resistant to the effects of natural factors and are not afraid of light impacts;
- acceptable cost – the price of the products is available to a wide range of consumers;
- simple dismantling and transportation – after the season, structures are easily assembled for storage, packaged do not take up much space, and are lightweight.
Due to the huge range of models offered by various manufacturers, prices for inflatable structures are quite affordable. In addition, by watching the ads on relevant sites, you can buy the desired model with a good discount. The set of children’s small ponds usually includes additional game elements: slides, balls, balls, rings, etc.
The cheapest children’s model with a capacity of 45 liters can be bought for only 1025 rubles. The price of an inflatable pool with dimensions of 2.5 x 0.7 m with a capacity of 2,600 liters, where a family of 4 can freely accommodate, is 2,250 rubles. Volumetric construction with dimensions of 5.5X2.2 m will cost 32800 rubles. Such models are equipped with a cartridge filter, stairs, bedspread and bedding for the pool.
The disadvantages of inflatable pools include the need for a pump and electricity, a shallow depth (up to 1.2 m), sensitivity to punctures and strong physical effects, the need to pump up the product from time to time, difficulty in draining, restrictions in the form of a structure (round or oval) , partial discoloration under the action of sunlight.
Before acquiring a particular pool model, it is necessary to study the properties and characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of each of the structures. It will be worthwhile to visit an online forum where users share reviews. Which pool is better: frame or inflatable can be determined also considering the size of your infield. For a small area suitable small inflatable structure.
If we take into account the cost of swimming pools, then the price of an inflatable option is much lower than the frame one, but the latter is more durable and will last much longer. The cost of a frame pool will exceed approximately identical to an inflatable model three times. But the frame structure can be left to winter on the site, without resorting to seasonal disassembly. However, the maintenance of such models is more difficult than the care of inflatable analogues.
An important point in choosing – the frequency of use of the reservoir. If your site is of sufficient size, you spend almost the whole summer at a country house outside the city and guests come to you on weekends, then you should give preference to a roomy frame option. It should be noted that the depth of such models is greater than that of inflatable ones, and several people can be there simultaneously.
For those who make forays to the country not so often and loves to travel, and even with small children, an inflatable pool would be an excellent choice. It is lightweight, has an inflatable bottom, is installed in 20-25 minutes and can easily be transported to a new place. When folded, you can take it with you: packaging with the product does not take up extra space. Caring for such a pool is simple and does not take much time.
Summarizing the positive characteristics of each type of pool, we can draw the following conclusion: frame models are more voluminous, strong and durable, inflatable – easy to install, transportable and inexpensive. A common advantage of both is the opportunity to plunge into the pond with family and friends on a hot day.