Comfortable conditions for recreation at the dacha can be achieved in different ways. Along with gazebos and benches, not least is the swing for giving your own hands: photos of interesting products can be easily found on the net, and using step-by-step instructions you can cope with the manufacture of the swing without much difficulty. Even adults can use such swings. The main thing – to accurately calculate the weight and build a reliable design.
Swing for giving the hands: photo and classification of products
Traditional materials for the manufacture of outdoor swings for giving their own hands are metal and wood. In order to improve the reliability and external characteristics, it is possible to combine these materials, as well as partially decorate the metal structure with decorative forging.
Helpful advice! For the manufacture of the seat can be used any available materials that may remain on the site after the construction of the house or repairs.
For construction you can use:
- parallel bars;
- strong rope;
- metal pipes;
- old chairs or chairs, from which you must first remove the legs.
Car owners can use old car tires. They will be perfectly combined with flower beds made of similar material.
There is a large number of original and comfortable swings that can decorate the landscape of any suburban area.
Conventionally, they can be divided into three broad categories:
- mobile – products have a lightweight portable design, so that the swing can be moved around the site to any convenient place, for example, in the house, on the veranda, in the gazebo or under a canopy during the rain;
- family – products with a massive and weighty design. In their device, they resemble benches without legs with a large and high back. Due to the large size of the seat can fit the whole family. To ensure that the operation of such a swing is safe, they are securely fastened to the U-shaped frame. Strong cables or thick chains are used as clamps. If you organize a roof over a swing or an awning canopy, they can be used even in the rain;
- children – a special category of products, usually in the form of boats or hanging chairs. Structures have special requirements for the frame, which must comply with all safety standards. Very young children can use the swing only in the presence of adults and with the use of special belts. With their help, the baby is fixed on the seat and therefore can not fall out.
Swings can be classified by other features. There are the following types of products by type of design:
- hammock – suspended on a metal crossbar. A tree with a thick and straight lower branch can serve as a substitute for the crossbar. While using such a design, a person has the impression that he is floating above the ground. Such swings are in great demand among those who enjoy reading books;
Note! Hammocks, subject to the manufacturing technology, are capable of withstanding a weight load of up to 200 kg.
- single – products with different types of designs that do not need to install additional crossbars. These swings are characterized by a quick installation system, while they can be installed anywhere. For the manufacture of used a variety of materials;
- suspended – the structures are a seat suspended from several ropes or chains. Ropes fasten on the sides. Thanks to the use of various materials that make the product durable, comfortable and light, the swing type swing can have different shapes and sizes;
- chaise lounges – products can accommodate a family consisting of two adults and one child. Swings have a special design, which involves fixing in a single attachment point, which allows you to install them in the room. The material for the manufacture is a special alloy of metals. Despite the apparent airiness, these products are very durable.
Before you get down to business, you should prepare the necessary materials, as well as tools.
Take care in advance of availability:
- a file or an emery paper (for work with a metal surface);
- welding machine;
- containers to knead the solution;
- ingredients for the preparation of the solution (crushed stone, water, cement, sand);
- fasteners (nuts, bolts);
- metal pipes;
- wrenches and shovels;
- grinders and dials for metal.
The first thing to do is prepare the pipes. Cutting material is as follows:
- side stand – 2 pcs., length – 2 m;
- base element – 2 pcs. on each side, length at discretion;
- crossbeam – 1 pc., length – 1.5-2 m.
Helpful advice! After cutting metal pipes, burrs can form on them. To remove them, use a file or sandpaper.
Elements intended for the base should be fixed by welding at an angle of 45 °. Next to the racks welded crossbar at an angle of 90 °.
To install the structure should dig two trenches. The width of these grooves should correspond to the tripod resulting from the assembly, and the depth should be at least 0.8 m. The width of the crossbar should fit between the trenches.
In the grooves will be installed bearing parts of the swing. Pre-at the bottom should form a pillow of sand. The thickness of the layer is 0.1-0.2 m. After that, the embankment is carefully compacted. The construction base is set on top, the depressions are poured with concrete solution.
To prepare the mixture, mix sand, cement and crushed stone in the following proportions: 2: 1: 1 (respectively). Add liquid to the mixture and knead the solution. As a result, you should have a homogeneous mass. Take care that it is not too liquid.
It takes about a week to set concrete. Up to this point it is not recommended to fasten the seat to the crossbar, which can be held by cables or metal beams. After confirming that the mortar has hardened, attach the hooks by welding and place the seat on the cables. If metal beams are used, weld the seat to them. When the structure is fully prepared and installed, it can be painted to give the swing a beautiful appearance and protect the metal from corrosion.
This technology is considered to create their own children street swing for giving of wood, which can simultaneously accommodate several kids. Dimensional parameters of a swing can be changed at your discretion.
Helpful advice! Use wood of the following species as a material: birch, pine, spruce.
The list of materials needed to create a timber structure includes:
- board – 15 pcs., length – 2.5 m, cross section – 2.5×10 cm;
- board – 1 pc., length – 2 m, section – 5×15 cm;
- carbine – 6 pcs .;
- self-tapping screws – 250 pcs., size – 3.5х52 mm;
- welded chain, the length of which is selected taking into account the height of the swing, the thickness of the links – 0.5 cm;
- galvanized screws – 2 pcs. size 1.2×10 cm + 2 pcs. size 1.2×8 cm
The market range offers screws of various colors. The shade of fasteners can be effectively beaten in the design of the swing, so you should pay attention to the color of the screws. Selecting fasteners in the tone of the tree, you can hide the junction details of the structure. Self-tapping screws of a contrasting color will allow to achieve an interesting effect.
Do not forget to prepare the tool:
- roulette wheel;
- square to measure the size of the corners;
- circular saw for cutting wood;
- drill and drill set for her;
- planer and hacksaw;
If you undertake to make a swing yourself, you can facilitate your work in one simple way – make a plan and try to stick to it. It is recommended to prepare a project in advance, draw up drawings and outline on them all dimensional parameters, places of fasteners, analyze the future product for reliability.