Very often, when arranging the yard of a private house or garden, a swing is installed. Such designs are made of wood, car tires and other scrap materials. But in order to achieve a really high-quality result, use drawings and photos of a garden swing with your own hands made of metal: the dimensions and performance characteristics of these products allow you to use them for a long time.
Metal garden do-it-yourself garden swing classification: photos and features
For the construction of metal structures used various materials. Therefore, there are so many design solutions. This is evidenced by the numerous photos of metal garden swing with their own hands, which can be found on the Internet.
For the manufacture of structures, the following materials are used:
- metal corners;
- square shaped profiles;
- I-beams (steel beams);
- pipes (round profile);
- brands (aluminum profiles).
Note! On the basis of these elements, with the same success, both family-type benches and small-sized children’s rocking chairs can be created.
Before you begin planning and developing drawings of a garden swing with your own hands from metal, you need to decide on the type of future construction. To do this, you can explore the ready-made systems offered by modern industry.
If you are puzzled over how to make a swing with your own hands for children, take as an example the options for factory production. Similar products have correctly calculated design and are presented by a large number of interesting design decisions. It will be enough for you to create similar swings from the available materials.
Product classification from manufacturers:
- garden designs separately standing type. This type of product can be installed in any place that you consider appropriate, since they do not need to be made additional support or hangers. Swings of this type can be not only metal, but also wooden;
- sofa swings that can be used by both adults and children. In the second case, the product allows you to simultaneously sit on the bench at once several skaters. The designs are comfortable and safe, equipped with a comfortable back. For the period of heavy rains or in wintertime, the swings are easily removed, as their design has a block structure. Products can be metal or wood;
- the designs completed with a folding back and a mosquito grid. They can be used as a children’s metal swing to give. You can add other accessories to create extra comfort;
- Swing made by the method of forging, which have many advantages.
Swings of this type are performed mainly for installation on the territories of country houses. To create these products you will need the skills of handling the welding machine and metal, or you can hire an assistant. In this case, the swings are more durable and powerful than other variants of metal structures. In addition, you get an original product that can be an interesting decorative addition to the landscape and exterior of the house.
Forged metal products are expensive. But it is justified by excellent decorative characteristics.
Helpful advice! Use similar designs to maintain the overall design of the house and the surrounding area with an installed fence, window bars, street lamps, benches, balconies, stair railings, sheds or gazebos, which are created according to this technology. To achieve unity in design, use the forging method to have the same or similar pattern on all the products listed.
Metal structures have the greatest number of advantages compared with products made on the basis of other materials. That is why the Internet contains such a large number of photos and drawings of a swing for children with their own hands from metal.
Technical and operational characteristics of a swing on the basis of metal:
- long service life is one of the main advantages. Metal is not subject to the detrimental effects of factors such as, for example, the processes of decay. Breakage due to desiccation is also excluded;
- practicality – destructive for buildings environmental influences (ultraviolet radiation, rain and other types of precipitation) can not affect the strength characteristics of the material;
- reliability – due to the increased strength of the metal and its durability, the resulting structures are very strong;
- low cost – the metal in the purchase has a lower cost than high quality wood (low quality wood will not be able to ensure the strength of the product, so it is not used to create a swing);
- variety of modifications – the range of modern swings, which can be purchased or made independently, is extremely wide, which allows you to choose a design that fully meets individual preferences.
Despite the visual appeal of metal products, by themselves they will not be able to harmoniously fit into the landscape of the suburban area, as is the case with wood swings. To do this, you will need to stylistically support their design by adding similar elements to the exterior of the house or garden.
Note! Metal structures can be made by hand, however, you need to study the welding technology and get the appropriate skills, as well as purchase or rent the necessary equipment.
One of the positive characteristics of the material, namely the hardness of the metal and its durable structure, can be considered as a disadvantage. On the one hand, strong and firm swings are what you need to give, on the other hand, they can cause serious injuries that a person can get as a result of a blow. In comparison with wood, soft in nature, metal is many times more dangerous.