Metal benches are less popular than wood based garden structures. After all, the technological process of creating a wooden product does not require the use of specialized tools, and the benches themselves turn out to be lighter and more mobile. But if you are confident in your own strength, you can always make metal garden benches with your own hands: drawings and photos of reliable structures can be used as a visual guide.
Do-it-yourself metal garden benches: drawings and photos, characteristic
Despite the fact that this type of construction belongs to the category of metal, in most cases the photo of metal benches with their own hands, which are found on the Internet, shows products of the combined type. In them, the frame part is made of metal, and wood is used as the material for the seat and back.
Thus, not only does the construction of the bench cheaper, but the design itself becomes more practical and comfortable, since the wooden seat, unlike the metal one, does not heat up under the sun.
Metal supports are free from the disadvantages that are inherent in frame parts of benches made of other materials:
- cast iron is the heaviest type of structures that is suitable for installation exclusively in park areas (products are characterized by high cost, decorative and complex manufacturing technology);
- concrete – benches are heavy and are accompanied by a number of difficulties in the installation process on the site;
- stone – products are expensive and significantly limited in design issues;
- wood – despite its beauty, accessibility and low weight, the supports in these structures quickly become unsuitable because the material is extremely vulnerable to the influence of weather and climatic conditions, as well as negative environmental factors (fungi, insects, mold).
Helpful advice! Creating a shop from a profile pipe with their own hands solves the problem with the manufacture of parts for construction. Profiled pipes are much lighter than cast iron and very convenient to use.
Often steel is used as a raw material to create a metal frame. It is this material that is considered the most suitable for benches and benches intended for installation on cottage-type plots and in the surrounding areas of country cottages. Steel is almost not subject to the influence of corrosive processes, destruction. It offers a variety of design options for the application of the method of decorative forging.
Profile pipes are also used to create decorative elements, which can be supplemented with a ready-made bench or bench. If you decide to create a unique design – you will need to add a few more items to the general list of necessary tools.
For the formation of steel decor will require the use of:
- metalwork vice;
- tools for pipe bending;
- mini-machine, called “Snail”.
To obtain symmetrical pipe bends, it is recommended to use Plas. The basis for its manufacture is a piece of plywood sheet. On top of it should put the contour part of the decorative element that you want to get. To create elegant and even bends, you should use the capabilities of a blowtorch that softens the material and makes it flexible for bending. For this it is enough to influence the lamp on the desired area.
Helpful advice! Do not forget to fill the profile with sand before proceeding with the bending procedure.
Filled pipes for bending must be placed on the machine, putting them between the stop and the protrusion located in the center. Then you can get to work. The process of bending the pipes when this is done manually.
Looking for interesting ideas on the Internet, you can see that the benches and metal garden benches with their own hands, drawings and photos of which are placed in the network, are mostly made on the basis of shaped pipes. This type of material is represented on the market in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, making work on the structure for rest in the country becomes much easier and more pleasant.
Profile pipes can have a cross section of various shapes:
Manufacturers use low-alloy or carbon steel as a raw material for the manufacture of core pipes. This type of products is intended for civil and industrial construction, so the pipes can be safely used in the construction of the suburban area.
Advantages of benches from profiled pipes:
- increased strength characteristics (resistance to various types of impact, especially to physical loads);
- relatively low cost of material in the purchase;
- small weight of finished products;
- simplicity and convenience in work.
Regardless of the complexity of the design to create a bench or bench on the basis of profiled pipes will require the same set of tools and consumables.
Helpful advice! Use the profile to create other designs on the dacha. This type of material is suitable for the construction of gates, garden arbors, fences, swings, grape arches, sheds and frames to create a green fence.
In order to build a product from a metal profile, take care of the following supplies and tools:
- profiled pipes (diameter is selected on the basis of drawings and features of operation of the future structure);
- boards of which the seat and back will be made;
- welding machine;
- electrodes for the welding machine (3 mm);
- Bulgarian (can be replaced with a hacksaw for metal surfaces);
- grinders for metal surfaces;
- file (sanding paper is allowed);
- construction level and meter or tape measure;
- planer for processing boards (only necessary if untreated wood);
- coloring composition for metal (exterior paint);
- coloring composition intended for wood, or stain;
- hammer and pliers;
- nuts and bolts.
In some photos of benches from a profile pipe with their own hands there is no back. Such designs are called benches.
Note! The bench is less comfortable than a bench, allowing you to lean back on the back while sitting. Such products have a simpler structure and manufacturing technology, so they are easier to make. By installing a bench near the wall, for example, in the gazebo or near the house, you can solve the problem of the lack of a backrest.
The design consists of 3 metal rectangles connected by a pair of pipes. These tubes form the bench seat.
Dimensional parameters of parts:
|Material||Quantity, pieces||Dimensional parameters, cm|
|Square profile or rectangular (total profile)||one||3X3 (cross section) |
|Rectangular wooden block||eight||6 (width)|
In addition, you will need a set of fasteners consisting of bolts (24 pcs.) And the same number of nuts for them.