In the modern construction market there is a huge amount of different materials, each of which has its own unique characteristics. Silicate brick is one of the most popular materials for facades and cladding of buildings. The size of white silicate brick, as well as some of its other parameters, may vary. Before you purchase this material for construction, it is worthwhile to become more familiar with its features.
Types of silicate white brick
Before asking a question – how much does a silicate white brick cost, you need to understand that this is a very loose concept. There are several options for the classification of this type of brick:
- in size – standard and one-and-a-half bricks. The parameters of the standard – 250x120x65 mm, one and a half – 250x120x80 mm. You can also make silicate bricks of non-standard size, if the customer needs it. The size of white silicate brick depends only on what kind of laying you plan to do;
- in form – hollow or corpulent. In the first version, the brick has round or rectangular grooves, which are perpendicular to the widest edge of the product. If it is important to you how much silicate white bricks weigh, then it is better to choose the hollow version. By the way, it can be two-void and three-void. A full-bodied silicate brick has a monolithic fill and, therefore, weighs more;
- in the field of destination – facing brick and special purpose brick. It is logical that the first option is used for facing facades, while the second is used to create fireplaces, stoves, floor slabs, foundations and other structural elements.
When choosing the size of white silicate brick and its other characteristics, consider, first of all, the scope of application of the material. For example, for the decoration of the facade of a house, hollow facing brick is better suited. Monolithic brick is often used for foundations, as it can withstand heavy loads.
Technical characteristics, dimensions and prices of foam blocks. Advantages and disadvantages of the construction of foam concrete blocks. Applications. The choice of foam blocks: specifications.
Many people mistakenly believe that brick is a very simple product. In fact, even this building material has a lot of features. Before you find out the price for a piece of white silicate brick, pay attention to the following of its operational characteristics:
- the presence of high frost resistance – this option is useful if you are planning to build a house in a cold winter or just a sharp temperature drop;
- the weight of white silicate bricks – a hollow brick weighs slightly more than 3 kg, one-and-a-half – 4 kg, standard full-bodied – 3.5 kg, full-bodied one-and-a-half – almost 5 kg;
- The waterproofing properties of the material – as a rule, high-quality silicate white brick does not allow water to pass through; therefore, it can be safely used for exterior decorating without fear that the facade will lose its attractive appearance due to rain.
Helpful advice! As for the use of silicate brick for the device of the stove or fireplace, then you will have to act at your own risk. The brick has a sufficiently high thermal conductivity, so the construction of it can relatively quickly become unusable.
Whatever size of white silicate brick you choose, you should always consider a number of nuances when laying:
- The seam between the bricks should not be more than 1.3 cm.
- Between the masonry and the wall itself, be sure to leave a little space for ventilation, this will help you to avoid the accumulation of condensate on the bricks.
- Silicate absorbs moisture well, so make a brick mortar thick.
If you do not want your silicate brick walls to suffer from moisture and lose their operational properties, it is recommended to cover the fresh masonry with special moisture resistant solutions.
For the rest, laying silicate white brick is quite simple. You can do this on your own even with minimal construction skills.
White brick on the basis of silicate is not without reason very popular among builders. Among its advantages are the following:
- reliability and durability;
- frost resistance, resistance to temperature extremes and other adverse factors of a natural character;
- large selection of color options;
- unpretentiousness and ease of installation and operation.
Also, silica brick provides a high level of insulation in the house, resistant to mechanical stress. The disadvantages include a low level of heat resistance, which can be quite problematic to use such a brick for the construction of stoves and fireplaces.
Helpful advice! When facing the facade is best to use a hollow brick of standard sizes. This will allow you not only to save on the material, but also to get a fairly light construction result.
The price of silicate white bricks is not too high compared to other building materials. This allows you to widely use them and at the same time not to spend much money. That is why many builders choose white silicate brick as a building material for external and internal works. And its relatively low weight, combined with excellent performance characteristics make brick very popular for the construction of a wide range of buildings.