In modern construction uses a large number of different roofing materials and profiled is one of the most popular among them. There are two main characteristics when choosing a material such as roofing sheeting: sheet size and price. Each of the types of construction products has its own characteristics, which should be considered when purchasing and installing, and the price per sheet depends on a number of factors.
What is profiled and what is its feature
The professional flooring is a metal profiled sheet, which is widely used in many areas of construction. For the arrangement of the roof is used only part of the variety of options for this material. In addition to a large number of types of corrugated roofing, there are also carrier sheets, which are used to create floors between floors, and walls, which are used for exterior wall finishing.
The main differences between different types of roofing corrugated sheet are in the size of the sheet, the height of the corrugations and the type of polymer coating. Among the advantages of professional flooring are the following:
- ease and compactness – it is convenient to store material and just to transport;
- the profiled sheet is able to withstand a large load due to the corrugated form, so it can be successfully used for arranging the roof with a different angle of inclination of the slope;
- the minimum amount of waste when cutting – the professional flooring is cut exactly in size that allows you to save money;
- ease of installation – the roof with the help of this material is equipped not only with a small amount of effort, but also for a relatively short period of time.
The best option in the matter of cost-quality ratio is galvanized corrugated roofing, the prices of which are significantly lower than on sheets coated with polyvinyl fluoride. At the same time it boasts high levels of strength and reliability.
There are a number of parameters that are worth paying attention to when buying corrugated roofing. Which option is best to choose depends largely on your financial capabilities, as well as on the planned type of roofing. In any case, the first thing to look at the quality of the source material. Sheets should not have dents, scratches or other visible damage. Substandard sheets can be seen even in the package.
A very important parameter is also the bearing capacity of the sheet. Consider that flat or duo-pitch roofing will be subjected to heavy loads, especially in winter, therefore sheets of roofing sheeting you are going to buy should be large enough, and the corrugations should be at least 8 mm thick.
You must also take into account the size of the sheet sheeting and prices for them. The size is determined by the parameters of your roof, and the price depends on the type of coating, manufacturer and other characteristics.
Helpful advice! If you do not understand the characteristics of a particular type of material, then you can request detailed information on its characteristics from the manufacturer.
To figure out which decking is better for a certain type of roof, it is necessary to navigate in the main grades of material. All sheets have a specific label:
- C – decking, which is usually used for wall decoration, but can also be used for roofing. It has the average characteristics of the thickness and height of the corrugations. Not designed for a large load, so for roofs it can only be used where there is no risk of falling a large amount of precipitation;
- H – sheets with a large bearing capacity, best suited for the arrangement of the roof. Characterized by maximum thickness and height of the corrugations, can withstand heavy loads. Some models are specially equipped with additional grooves to ensure maximum strength;
- NS is a universal grade of material; it can be used both for wall finishing and for arranging roofing. The price for a sheet of corrugated roofing is not much higher than that of other options, and the distinctive characteristics are the average strength and low height of the corrugations.
If you elaborate on the size of the sheet roofing corrugated board and the characteristics of various brands, it should be noted that for the arrangement of the roof the options discussed below are recommended.
C10 – it is characterized by trapezoid corrugation, it is used for arrangement of the roof with a sufficiently large angle of inclination. Most often used for economic and prefabricated structures. The height of the profile is 10 mm, and the size of a sheet of corrugated sheet for a roof of this type is from 0.5 to 12 m in length and 1.15 m in width. The working width of the sheet is 1.1 m.
C20 and C21 – ribbed sheets, which are covered by various types of polymers to protect against negative influences. Compared with the previous version, it is characterized by higher strength, but can also be used on roofs with a large inclined angle. The recommended lathing step for sheets of this type is 80 cm. The dimensions of the roofing corrugated flooring of this type are from 0.5 to 12 m in length and 1.05 m in width, and the working width of the sheet is 1 m.
HC35 – sheets with a polymer coating and an additional ribbed surface. They are characterized by increased strength and tightness indicators, they are used when the sheathing step is up to 1.5 m. The recommended angle of inclination of the roof when using professional flooring of this type is from 15 degrees. This type of galvanized corrugated roofing is also from 0.5 to 12 m in length, the total width of the sheet is 1.06 m, the working one is 1 m.
NS44 – it is also supplied with additional stiffening ribs and is used as a roof covering at slopes of slopes from 15 degrees. It can be used with a crate step of 3 meters, which makes it an excellent option for arranging the roof of large buildings. Sheet length from 0.5 to 12 m with a total width of 1.07 m. Working width – 1 m.
H57 – profiled with increased strength characteristics, which gives him the presence of additional gutters. It is distinguished by a high profile height, it is applied on roofs with a grating width of 3 m. If you need to buy a galvanized sheeting for roofs of industrial buildings or for a roof with increased load, then this is your option. The length of the sheet can be up to 14 m, and the total width – 0.8 m with a working width of 0.75 m.
H60 – a profile with almost identical performance characteristics, but with a greater thickness. It also differs in the increased size of corrugations, can be used for arranging a flat roof with a maximum pitch of 3 m. The maximum sheet length is 14.5 m, the total width is 0.9 m, and the working one is 0.84 m.
H75 – one of the most durable and reliable roofing options with a maximum profile height. It can be used on the roof with a batten step up to 4.5 m. With a relatively high sheet price, the dimensions of this type of roofing sheeting are up to 14.5 m in length, and the total and useful width of the sheet is 0.8 and 0.75 m, respectively.
H114 – the most durable and load-resistant version of roofing corrugated. It has additional stiffening ribs, sheet height is 114 mm, length – up to 13 m, total width – 0.64 m, working width – 0.6 m. Price for a sheet of professional flooring for this type of roof corresponds to its operational characteristics, i.e. high enough level.
Helpful advice! When choosing one of the above options for roofing, you should also pay attention to such characteristics as the weight of one square meter of material. Depending on this parameter, it is necessary to calculate the structure of the roof and battens.
If you are going to buy a profiled roofing sheet, prices per sheet largely depend on the type and thickness of the polymer coating, as well as the thickness of the sheet itself. An example of prices per square meter of material is the following table:
|Type of profiled sheet||Type and thickness of coating, mm||Price rub./m?|
|From 10||Polyester 0.7||442|
As can be seen from the table, the price per sheet of roofing corrugated sheet is directly proportional to the thickness of its coating.
For the arrangement of the roof, you can use some variants of wall profiled sheet. For example, according to GOST, the technical characteristics of the C-8 corrugated board allow it to be used for the construction of a roof with a large tilt angle. Of course, it is not particularly durable and can only be used if there is a continuous crate, but there is at least one good reason to buy roofing for the roof – the price per square meter of this type. In some cases, the use of a cheap version of the material is justified, although it should not be misused.
This material can be classified according to several parameters. First, it is the scope of its application, and secondly – the type of protective coating. According to the first parameter, a roofing, bearing and wall profiled sheet is distinguished, but since now we are talking about what type of decking to choose for the roof, let us consider in detail the types of coating for this particular type of material.
Galvanized – the simplest and cheapest type of sheet corrosion protection. It is obtained by immersing the material in molten zinc, and the layer thickness is from 25 to 30 mn. Such a professional flooring is used for the construction of the roof and restoration work, does not have high performance characteristics. The main advantage is low price. The question of where to buy corrugated roofing will not be difficult, this type of coating is sold in any specialized hardware store.
Alyumotsink – more reliable coating that protects the roof well from the harmful effects of aggressive chemical environments, due to the presence of aluminum in the composition. Sheets with such a coating are perfect for arranging the roof near the highway or in an industrial area where there is a large percentage of corrosive substances in the air. According to the photo of the roof of corrugated board of this type, it is clear that this material does not differ in particular design.
Plastisol – organic polymer, the coating of which can have a thickness of up to 200 mn. This allows corrugated flooring with a polymer coating to withstand mechanical stress without special harm to the integrity of the sheet and its appearance. In addition, the advantages of such a coating include a high level of resistance to negative natural and chemical influences. Plastisol’s weakness is a direct exposure to sunlight, from which it loses its color, as well as sudden changes in temperature.
Polyester – the most common coating option with good performance and attractive appearance.
Pural – polyurethane coating, which has recently appeared on the market. It is characterized by resistance to all sorts of negative impacts and a variety of design options.
Polydifluorionad – the most corrosion resistant coating of the profiled sheet. It features a rich palette of colors that do not fade with time. The disadvantages include a rather high cost.
Helpful advice! Whichever coverage option you choose, it is worth improving sheet protection with a thin layer of varnish and paint. The use of special paints and varnishes and their regular updating will reduce the likelihood of corrosion to almost zero.
Additional elements are used in the design of the nodes of the roof of corrugated. Such elements are used to protect the joints from the ingress of water, as well as to give the roof a finished look. The most common options for additional elements are:
- Eaves plank – protects the eaves and does not allow rainwater to fall on the facade of the building. Attached to the last board of the batten with roofing screws for corrugated board, mounted with an overlap of 10 cm;
- end plate – mounted on the edge of the profile sheet. Installation can be overlapped or exactly the size of the sheet. End strips can be fastened with roofing or ridge screws, and this should be done before the laying of the roofing material;
- razhelobnaya lath – set under the ridge element to give it greater appeal;
- The ridge is a very important element that protects the upper line of convergence of the slopes. It is always fixed at the upper point of the sheet wave and additionally sealed with a seal. It is recommended to fill the seams between the elements with a special sealant to provide reliable protection against moisture ingress;
- snow retention bar – mounted approximately 30 cm from the eaves, serves to prevent the entire mass of snow from collecting on it;
- splat – used to protect the joints of sheets, mounted in the places of their joints;
- Endova – connects ramps with different angles of inclination, and also acts as a waterproofing agent.
Most of the additional elements are made of galvanized steel, which may have a polymer coating in the color of professional flooring. The price of elements depends on the type and thickness of this coating, and the cheapest option is simple galvanization.
The sizes of sheets of professional flooring can be very diverse and are in the range of 0.8-1.15 m in width and 0.5-14 m in length. Regardless of what material size you chose to arrange your roof, they are always installed in the following order:
- crate is installed. The thickness of the boards used for this depends on the height of the sheet wave, and the step between them depends on its size, as well as the maximum permissible load on the material. For example, if you use a thin C8 profile with low wave height, the crate should be solid, and for strong and heavy H144, the step can be approximately 4 meters;
- insulating layer is mounted. To do this, overlap fit several layers of waterproofing material, which can be a regular plastic film or special materials;
- set kontrabetka of wooden bars. It serves to create ventilation, as well as to secure the waterproofing layer;
- The type of profiled sheet chosen by you is attached to the crate. This is done with the help of special roofing screws;
- in the place of fracture of the roof is mounted endova. It protects the roof from moisture and is attached with screws with seals.
Helpful advice! In the places of fastening of sheets it is recommended to use a special sealant for sealing gaps. This will prevent the penetration of moisture under the sheets of roofing material.
Choosing the type of roofing material such as profiled, it is important to consider their financial capabilities. The cost of installation of the roof on the basis of the profiled sheet depends on such factors as:
- the cost of the material itself;
- the cost of additional materials, such as waterproofing;
- roof area.
On many specialized sites, there are special calculators that allow you to quickly calculate the price for the arrangement of the roof with these parameters. Remember that there are many options for flooring. What is best for the roof of the house in your case – you decide.