The popularity of euro slate as a roofing material in private construction is due to a number of advantages. Among them – water resistance, environmental friendliness and noiselessness. Important are also considered light weight, simple cutting and simple installation. After reviewing the basic parameters of the material ondulin: price per sheet, dimensions, as well as examples of calculating the ondulin on the roof, it is realistic to carry out the laying of the roof with minimal cost and without waste.
Ondulin: material characteristics
The production of ondulin is based on strong heating (120 ° C) and pressing of cellulose fibers with subsequent corrugation. The resulting sheets are dyed and impregnated with bitumen modified with polymers. As a result, environmentally friendly sheets of bitumen undulated ondulin are obtained with the following properties:
- water resistance – protection against moisture is ensured by special impregnation, in addition, when laying ondulin on the roof of the cellulose fibers in the sun, they are soldered together, which makes the material even more resistant to water;
- invulnerability to aggressive environment – ondulin is not afraid of alkali, acids and petroleum products;
- low weight – with a width of almost 1 m and a length of 2 m, an ondulin leaf weighs 6.5 kg, i.e. it is 4 times lighter than slate of a similar area;
- quick and easy installation – thanks to the light weight of an ondulin sheet, it is convenient to transport the material and can be easily lifted to the place of laying without any help; convenient and easy cutting – you can easily cut out the right size of the material sheets using a hacksaw, after having pre-lubricated hacksaw blade with butter;
- plasticity – the material can be given the desired shape: it bends well and is suitable for covering roofs of any configuration;
- varied color range;
- reasonable price – an ondulin sheet costing about 5 y. It is cheaper than metal tile, but more expensive than slate, but the latter is not environmentally friendly.
Another undoubted advantage of this coating is noiseless. Comparing it with a metal tile or slate, it can be noted that ondulin completely absorbs the sound of rain and hail. Due to this property, there is no need to equip additional sound insulation: inside a building with such a roof is always quiet and comfortable.
Helpful advice! When buying ondulin, choose the original material, since similar to it analogues in the process of exploitation quickly lose color.
You can familiarize yourself with the product line and technical specifications of the Euro-slate on the official Ondulin website, as well as on the web pages of the companies engaged in its sale. Knowing the price and size of the ondulin, as well as other parameters, you can most accurately calculate the amount of the required material and navigate the cost of the ondulin to cover the entire roof.
Ondulin sheet dimensions. Installation instructions ondulin. Recommendations for installation of ondulin on the pitched roof. Features of the creation and design of individual elements ondulinovogo roof.
An ordinary sheet of ondulin for the roof, whose size is 2 x 0.96 m, weighs slightly more than 6 kg. Thanks to this light weight, it is convenient to lift the sheets onto the roof and mount them without assistants. If the installation is done correctly, the roofing will stand in spite of serious (170 km / h) gusts of wind. It is not afraid of material and temperature fluctuations, maintaining from -50 ° C to +110 ° C.
The fact that ondulin becomes brittle when frost fully compensates for the ability to restore properties when heated. The structure of the material is unchanged even after freezing and thawing 25 times. Ondulin manufacturer’s declared warranty is 15 years (in case special nails were used during installation). However, experience shows that the life of the material reaches 45-50 years.
The strength characteristics of ondulin are quite enough in order not to deform under the weight of possible snow loads. Sustain euro-slate and the weight of one or two people. Nominal load per 1 m? The coating is 960 kg / cm, the strength is 1800 kPa. Depending on the country of origin, some indicators of ondulin can vary, as evidenced by the data in the table:
|Parameters of roofing material||Producing country|
|The total area of the sheet ondulin, m?||1.9||1.9||1.84||2.44|
|Useful area of an ondulin sheet, m?||1.6||1.6||1.54||2.11|
|Sheet thickness, mm||3||3||2.4||3.5|
|Number of waves, pcs||ten||ten||ten||12|
|Wave width, mm||95||95||92||100|
|Wave height, mm||36||36||32||35|
|Ondulin leaf weight, kg||6||6||5.6||8.6|
Prices per sheet ondulin SMART
Ondulin Smart came to replace the traditional ondulin. In this product the possibility of convenient and fast installation is realized due to special guides, with the help of which the sheets are fixed as evenly as possible. Each sheet of such material has an installation marking on which nails are driven in. The scheme of fastenings provides as many holes as nails on the sheet of ondulin must be driven, namely 20 pieces.
Helpful advice! The lifetime of ondulin largely depends on the following installation technology. Carefully read the instructions applied to the material, do not skimp on nails and follow the sheathing step.
The total area of an ondulin Smart sheet is less important than traditional sheets. Parameters 1.95 x 0.95 m – new sizes of an ondulin sheet. At the same time, the effective area is not reduced due to the technology of laying these sheets, which means to mount them with an overlap of 5 cm less than with the installation of a classic ondulin. Reducing this value affects the weight of the roof. Knowing how much a sheet of Ondulin Smart weighs, it is possible to calculate how much the total weight of the coating will decrease.
In addition to the material itself, companies are implementing accessories that are needed when covering roofs with euroslate: branded nails for ondulin, horse, valley and other elements. Their description and prices are available in product catalogs. Visiting online stores, you can find out at what price you can buy ondulin for roofs. Prices for a sheet of material are given below (for convenience of calculation, the table uses the value of the ondulin cost per square meter):
|Colors||Product name / price, rub.|
|Ondulin 1,95х0,96 m||Ondulin seahorse (size 1×0.36 m)||Endova |
(length 2 m)
(length 1 m)
|Nails for ondulin|
In addition to the price, size and other characteristics of products, in the catalogs you can see the possible colors of ondulin: photos will help you with this.
One more product presented in catalogs are sheets of Ondulin Tiles. Photos of material samples demonstrate the presence in the colors of dark transverse stripes, due to which the sheet imitates tile. Covering the roof with such an ondulin (the photo confirms this) makes its appearance almost indistinguishable from the type of metal roofing.
The qualitative composition and all the characteristics of Ondulin Tiles are similar to Smart products. The sheet fits 7 waves, for fastening use 18 nails. Identical to the Smart version and the price of ondulin Tiles per sheet. Sheet size – 1.95 x 0.96 m with a thickness of 3 mm. The manufacturer gives 100% warranty against leaks for 15 years.
All additional elements and related accessories for the roof of this material are offered in the appropriate color. The prices of soft slate ondulin are given in the table:
|Material color||Price Ondulin Tiles per sheet, rub.||Price Ondulin Tiles for 1 m ?, RUB.|
At an affordable price ondulin Tiles the appearance of the roof of this material seems to be expensive. And the reason for this – an interesting color scheme.
In order to have an idea of how much an ondulin costs on a roof (prices per sheet and square meters are in prices), it is necessary to correctly calculate the required area of coverage. For a gable roof form use the formula that allows you to determine the required number of sheets. To do this, find the ratio of the roof area to the useful area of an ondulin sheet:
Coefficient (K) = Sk / Sl,
Where Sk – roof area, m ?;
Sl – useful area of an ondulin sheet, m ?.
It should be noted that this formula works if the roof configuration does not have complex transitions or abutments of ramps. In addition, the coefficient depends on the roof slope: up to 10 ° it is equal to 1.3, and from 10 to 15 ° K = 1.54.
Helpful advice! When calculating the required amount of material for the roof, be aware that sheets are overlapped. Therefore, use for calculation not the total area of the sheet, but the useful one.
If the roof has a complex structure with several abutments or other complex shapes, the working area of the cover is found out by another method. Theoretically, it is necessary to break the entire surface of the roof into elements with a flat surface. Then calculate the area of each individual element, then add all the obtained values. And the corresponding coefficients are applied to the sum received.
On the basis of how much an ondulin sheet costs, as well as additional components for installation, it is possible to determine the magnitude of the cost of covering the entire roof area with eurospace.
When laying the sheets are mounted overlap: the length of this area is 30 cm, and the width corresponds to two waves. The technology of fixing sheets may vary depending on the slope of the roof. If the slope is less than 10 °, a solid base of plywood plates is made under ondulin. If the slope is up to 15 °, then for the batten a bar is used with a step of 45-50 cm. For a slope of more than 15 ° you can make a gap between the elements of the batten 55-60 cm.
The sequence of mounting sheets is as follows:
- The eaves level is mounted.
- The initial row is fixed strictly along the eaves overhang.
- Installation of the first sheet is done from the side opposite to that from which the wind most often blows. The sheet is fixed flush with the overhang of the gable and leave 5-6 cm of sheet behind the eaves.
- To fix a single sheet, use nails, hammering them first in the corners, then fix the lower part of the sheet, and then grab the sheet in the center and on top.
- The second and subsequent sheets are laid on the previous lap and so on until the end of the row. The next row begins with a sheet cut in half so that the junction of the sheets of the second row falls in the middle of the sheet of the first row. Thus perform all the even rows.
Covering the roof with ondulin, you should pay attention to such moments:
- If during installation a situation arises in which it is necessary to step on the laid material, try to put your foot on the highest point of the wave, and not in the groove. In this case, it is desirable that the shoes were on a soft sole;
- Installation work is recommended at temperatures from -5 ° C to +25 ° C;
- laying of the first sheet is done from the side opposite to that from which the wind most often blows;
- to fix sheets of material it is necessary on company nails. The instruction provides for 1 sheet to use 20 nails. Wide caps of such nails contribute to strong fixation, giving the coating a wind resistance. It is with this mounting technology that the manufacturer gives a guarantee for durability and excellent operational qualities of the coating;
- It is not necessary to strongly tighten the material during installation, using the fact that ondulin is plastic. Sheets should be placed as smoothly as vertically and horizontally.
Ondulin sheets are used both to cover new roofs of cottages, country houses, outbuildings, and for the reconstruction of the old roof. Moreover, during the repair work ondulin can be mounted directly on top of the old coating. The plasticity of the euroslate allows it to fill any (even with a large radius of curvature) surface. Ease of processing, the possibility of rational cutting, a virtually waste-free process and an affordable price make ondulin one of the most popular roofing materials.