In order to make modern insulation of housing, you will definitely need instructions for using Izospan B. The newest energy efficient technologies involve not only covering the walls and floors of the building with insulating materials, but also creating a vapor barrier between the insulation and the internal space of the room. The role of this layer is played by various polymeric films, including Izospan V. It is possible to find out which side to put insulation and other installation rules for vapor barrier by continuing to read further.
Basics of Izospan
The name of the material comes from the name of the company that produces it. By this is meant several completely different in properties and purpose of polymer films. All products of this brand are usually divided into three main groups:
- Izospan A. membranes protecting against water and wind. They are widely used in roofing as well as facade works as protection of roof construction elements as well as the inner part of ventilated facades from atmospheric precipitation. At the same time, the film is capable of passing steam through itself, leading it to the outside. This property of such membranes does not allow moisture to form condensate on the insulation or details of the roof truss system. Some varieties have flame retardant treatment. Is the average vapor permeability determined around 3500 g / m? per day. It must be said right away that the material cannot be used on a roof with a slope of less than 35? С. Mandatory requirement – installation should be carried out only in normal weather;
- Do not let the water and steam in the film belong to the Izospan B line. Unlike its fellow, it is mounted indoors. After all, its task is not to allow steam to penetrate from the room into the heat-insulating layer and form condensate there. The insulation plates closed with such a membrane always remain dry, which protects them from the formation of mold and fungal colonies. Instructions for use Izospan B will be described in more detail;
- Izospan S is designed not only to protect the insulation layer from wind, high humidity and steam, but also to create an additional insulating effect due to a special coating that is able to reflect infrared rays. This greatly reduces the energy consumption of the home, creating a good savings on heating costs. It has a structure consisting of two layers. One layer is always smooth, and the other is grungy, which holds condensation better. The material is very waterproof, more than 1000 mm. waters st. Its resistance to vapor penetration is 7.0 Pa / mg.
Technical characteristics of Izospan films:
|Vapor-permeable membranes IZOSPAN|
|Mark||Density, gr / m?||Composition||Breaking load longitudinal / transverse, N / 5cm||Vapor permeability, gr / m? / Day, not less||Water resistance, mm.vod.st., not less|
|Paro waterproofing IZOSPAN|
|Mark||Density, gr / m?||Composition||Breaking load longitudinal / transverse, N / 5cm||Resistance to vapor permeability, m? HPa / mg, not less||Water resistance, mm.vod.st., not less|
|Reflective vapor waterproofing IZOSPAN|
|Mark||Density, gr / m?||To thermal reflection,%||Breaking load longitudinal / transverse, N / 5cm||Resistance to vapor permeability, m? HPa / mg, not less||Water resistance, mm.vod.st., not less|
|Mark||Thickness mm||To thermal reflection,%||Breaking load longitudinal / transverse, N / 5cm||Resistance to vapor permeability, m? HPa / mg, not less||Water resistance, mm.vod.st., not less|
Helpful advice! Instructions for use Isospan B assumes that in case of rupture of the film about any sharp objects, it can and should be repaired. For this, the injury site is glued with a special adhesive film.
All of these varieties, with their differences, have a number of positive, common qualities:
- they are convenient in installation and are delivered in a rolled look;
- not afraid of ultraviolet radiation;
- do not pass moisture;
- their cost is well suited to anyone who is engaged in the construction or insulation of their homes.
Further, we will consider in detail the instructions for use of Isospan B and its technical and quality characteristics, since it is this type of membrane that is most in demand, thanks to a very successful combination of consumer properties and price.
Technical characteristics of vapor barrier Izospan B
This type includes double-layer vapor barrier membranes that can not only hold back moisture, but also do not allow a couple to penetrate through them. They are 100% polypropylene. These films are produced in rolls having a width of 160 cm. One roll can cover a surface with an area of 70 m ?. The density of the film is 70 g / m ?. These membranes are strong enough, since their tensile load along the fibers is 128 N / cm, and across 104 N / cm.
Vapor permeability is very low and is near the mark of 22.4 g / m? / Day. Water resistance – 1000 mm. waters Art., that is enough. Resistance to ultraviolet rays is observed for 4 months of continuous exposure. The technical characteristics of the vapor barrier Izospan B allow it to be used in a large temperature range, which ranges from -60 to 80? С.
Instructions for use Izospan B
Before using this material for vapor barrier, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with some of the requirements for its installation:
- when covering insulation, mounted on vertical or inclined surfaces, work must always be carried out from top to bottom. The material strips are fixed in a horizontal direction with an overlap of 15 cm. A special adhesive film allows to isolate the joints;
- which side to the insulation Izospan B put, not everyone knows. Meanwhile, it is very critical, since improper installation completely eliminates the effect of using this material. It is necessary to remember that the smooth side is always placed on the insulation, and the rough is directed to the room;
- fix the membrane to the protected surface with the help of wooden bars, pressure plates and a construction stapler.
Since this vapor barrier material has a wide scope of application, we will consider the features of mounting on several types of surfaces. When creating a vapor barrier in the attic, the membrane can be attached to the rafters in two ways.
Roofing materials: types and properties. Description of the most common roofing materials of various types and types. Application and installation features.
In the first case, the film is fixed with the help of bars with a cross section of not more than 5 cm over the rafter legs. At the same time sheets of insulation remain inside. They should not be thicker than the rafters themselves.
In the second case, the film is attached from the sides of the truss legs, bending around them, also in bars. Fine finishing of the ceiling is already done on top of the vapor barrier. It is worth remembering which side to the insulation Izospan B put.
If the roof of the attic is subject to vapor barrier even before it is finally closed with roofing material, then it is more convenient to make a crate of rails for the installation of a fine finish on the lower plane of the rafters. Lay the membrane on it with the smooth side up, fix it with a stapler, then between the rafters lay mats of heat-insulating material.
Instructions for use Izospan B indoors combines perfectly with the installation of insulation along guide profiles. Instead of metal profiles can be used wooden beams with a thickness equal to or slightly larger than the thickness of the insulation. The profile is attached to the walls vertically, so that the distance between two adjacent rails is equal to the width of the insulation plates.
Plates are inserted between the profiles and fastened to the wall. The membrane itself is fixed already on top of the plates on these guide profiles or wooden bars. The material canvases are fixed horizontally with an overlap of 15 cm. After that, the wall is covered with plasterboard or other sheet material.
Helpful advice! When constructing a vapor barrier on wooden walls, they must be treated with an antiseptic and a means of harmful insects. This will give an additional guarantee of the quality of the work performed.
In addition to the classic three types of Izospan, now its other versions with some additional properties appeared on the market. For example, high strength and low thermal conductivity of Izospan D, allows you to use this membrane for waterproofing flat roofs and even a concrete floor. He is able to withstand much larger loads than his predecessors.
Instructions for use Izospan D in this case is very simple. Cloths are rolled on a flat surface of the roof and overlapped 150 – 200 mm. The edges are taped with Izospan SL. Thermal insulation is laid on top and the roof is constructed. For waterproofing the floor material is placed on a concrete base so that at least 10 cm of it is bent on the walls. Joints are glued all the same tape. A concrete screed is poured over the waterproofing to level the surface on which the topcoat is already laid.
The main point is for Izospan D and Izospan B which side to the insulation to put them. Improper styling can cost time and money wasted. Therefore, it is necessary to strictly observe the proposed instructions.