Among the many facing materials for the exterior walls of the building clinker tiles occupy an honorable leading position. This is due to the high performance of this material. The clinker tile for the facade not only gives the building a presentable appearance, but also protects its main walls from the adverse effects of the environment. You can get acquainted with a good alternative to brick cladding in this article.
What is a clinker tile for the facade
The brick tile is a ceramic product for which production shale clay, gumboil and the painting pigment is used. All this mass is amenable to single firing in a tunnel kiln 150 m long at a temperature of 1360? С. The procedure lasts until complete baking of the product. This technology allows you to get a durable cladding material that does not have inside cavities and voids, which is highly resistant to external influences. By production of a tile strictly adhere to manufacturing techniques. In the case of the slightest failure, the material is deformed, which leads to a violation of linear dimensions and a decrease in the quality of the finished product.
Helpful advice! When choosing a clinker tile, one should give preference to reputable well-known manufacturers equipped with modern machinery and equipment, which have repeatedly confirmed the high quality of the products.
The main advantages of the material:
- long period of operation;
- due to the low degree of moisture absorption, the material is resistant to frost and rapid temperature changes;
- The level of mechanical strength of the tile coincides with the characteristics of natural stone and granite;
- the small weight of the product allows the use of tiles on various buildings, regardless of the type of foundation;
- material has a high resistance to aggressive environment;
- due to the uneven surface of the back side of the product, good adhesion with the base is ensured;
- the tile has a uniformly colored structure;
- the tile belongs to environmentally friendly materials;
- the variety of textures and colors of the clinker tiles (photos clearly demonstrate this) allows you to embody any design idea;
- convenient and simple installation of the product allows you to perform work in a short time without the involvement of specialists;
- on the surface of the tile almost no dust settles, which slows down the development of lichens and mosses. It does not require additional care.
The disadvantages of facing tiles:
- the high cost of the material, due to the fact that the stocks of raw materials (slate clay) for its production are limited;
- the material is quite fragile, with a sharp mechanical impact may cause cracks;
- chipping is often formed at the cut-off sites.
The material is widely used for facing the house. The clinker tiles, photos clearly demonstrate this, gives a more aesthetic appearance to the structure and reliably protects it from external influences. The cladding product can be used as a finishing of the leveled surface in order to create the effect of brickwork, or it can be the starting material for the manufacture of clinker panels and facade thermopanels. This allows you to expand the scope of the cladding material to wall insulation and the implementation of the system of ventilated facade of clinker tiles.
The clinker can be used for finishing any buildings: concrete, stone, wooden, prefabricated and other.
The brick tile is widely used for a construction of a blind area and otliv, for facing of a socle. Due to its high performance clinker can be used for laying floors on terraces and verandas, garden paths. Possessing a low degree of water absorption, the tile is ideal for facing fountains, pools and other decorative artificial ponds. The clinker tile is not afraid of high temperatures, therefore it can be used for finishing fireplaces and stoves. Due to mechanical strength and chemical resistance, it is often used for floor cladding in car repair shops and garages.
Due to the fact that the clinker tile is an imitation of the brickwork, its dimensions do not differ from the dimensions of the brick. The main parameter is the thickness of the product, which can be 5,7,12,13 and 17 mm. The most popular products are 5 and 7 mm thick.
The tile thickness is selected based on the climatic conditions of the region. The more aggressive the weather factors of the area and the higher the urban smog, the thicker the clinker tiles should be for facing the building.
Helpful advice! To finish the facades of buildings that are located near the water body, you should choose a thick tile.
The standard linear dimensions of the clinker tile correspond to the dimensions of an ordinary brick and are 115X240 mm. Today, manufacturers produce several different product formats:
- L-NF is the longest tile with dimensions 295X71X15 mm. For facing 1 m? 40 pcs. required;
- WF – average in size tiles with dimensions of 215X65X15 mm (59 pcs. Per 1 m?);
- WDF is the smallest tile of 21X5X1.7 mm. (73 pieces on 1 m?).
The European-format clinker tiles have a total length of 240 mm and a thickness of 9-17 mm. Depending on the width of the product are:
- DF – tile width 52 mm (64 pieces per 1 m?);
- 2DF – product width of 113 mm (32 pieces per 1 m?);
- NF – material width 71 mm (48 pieces per 1 m?);
- RF – product width 65 mm, 54 pcs. on 1 m?).
American-made clinker tiles have the same thickness of 15 mm. The CS and MS modules are 193 mm long, while the US, JS and NS are 295 mm long. The width of the cladding material can be 57, 71 and 92 mm. Depending on the size of the tile, the material consumption per 1 m? makes up 33-74 pcs.
Helpful advice! For internal or external wall mates, it is better to choose angular joints, which are able to give the building a smooth geometry and hide the bricklayer’s mistakes.
Clinker tiles for the facade of the house, photos clearly demonstrate this, the decorativeness is somewhat inferior to facing materials for the interior. It does not use glazed products and ornamental elements. However, clinker has a different texture:
- smooth facade clinker tiles for brick is the most popular among other types of textures. It is easy to clean and does not require additional care;
- The relief surface of the material can resemble not only a brick, but also copy the appearance of a wild, crushed, hewn stone, as can be seen in the photo of the facade finish with a clinker tile of this type. The material requires extra care, as the relief surface accumulates dust and dirt;
- tile, resembling an aged brick, with imitation of chips, cracks and other temporary defects. Cladding with clinker tiles is often used for the restoration of ancient architectural structures.
Before proceeding to the choice of facade clinker tiles, it is necessary to examine its main characteristics.
First of all, you should pay attention to the cost of the product. The price of clinker tiles for the facade starts from 4 thousand rubles. for the quarter. This is due to the limited supply of raw materials for the manufacture of tiles and significant energy costs associated with the technology of manufacturing products. Therefore, you should not choose cheap material that will definitely have a dubious quality.
Preference should be given to foreign manufacturers, time-tested, who have been producing high-quality products for a long time. Unfortunately, the quality of clinker tiles produced by domestic manufacturers does not always meet regulatory requirements.
Despite the fact that facing the facade with clinker tiles with a complex texture will look more presentable, its maintenance will require additional costs, and installing such a material will require highly skilled craftsman.
The color of the front clinker tiles must be in harmony with the general appearance of the building. This applies not only to the design, but also to the architectural features of the building. Therefore, it will not be superfluous to consult with a designer or architect.
At the same time with the purchase of facing material, an adhesive mixture and grout for joints are purchased. Preference should be given to frost-resistant glue for clinker tiles, the price of which depends on the quality of the mixture.
Helpful advice! You need to choose an adhesive that can withstand at least 50 complete cycles of freezing and thawing. For example, Ceresit CM 117.
Since this facing material is quite fragile, which can cause cracks as a result of mechanical stress, the grinder tile must necessarily compensate for all possible thermal expansion of the product. The color of the material for the seams must be in harmony with the tiles and it is advantageous to emphasize the beauty of the lining.
Famous manufacturers of clinker tiles for the facade: price per m2
The most popular area of application of clinker is considered to be cladding the facades of buildings. Today you can buy front clinker tiles ranging from 600 rubles / m ?. The best manufacturers of this material are German companies.
The global brand Feldhaus Klinker has been manufacturing clinker since 1857. Years of experience, advanced technology and technical knowledge allow us to produce high quality products. The company guarantees durability, wear resistance and reliability of manufactured facing products of various formats, textures and colors. It offers a unique series of handicrafts that embody the uniqueness and individuality of an aged brick. Photos of clinker tiles for the facade are a clear confirmation of this.
It is possible to buy a brick tile for a facade of Feldhaus Klinker since 1650 rub. / M? for a smooth product. The relief tile will cost 1850 rubles / m ?, and the clinker with the effect of aged brick will cost about 2200 rubles / m ?.
The German company Stroher has been producing clinker tiles for over 120 years using the extrusion method. Thanks to this technology, it is possible to produce not only tile, but also baseboards, corner elements and curbs. The company guarantees high quality, resistance to temperature extremes and dimensional accuracy of products.
It is possible to buy a brick tile under a brick of the German production Stroher from 1250 rub. / M ?. Clinker with a relief surface will cost 1750 rubles / m ?. Hand-made products under the old brickwork will cost 3400 rubles / m ?.
The family-owned German company Roben specializes in the production of clinker tiles, floor tiles and tiles. An innovative approach, flexible pricing and increased attention to consumer needs have made the company’s products popular not only in Germany, but also abroad. The minimum price per m2 of clinker tiles for bricks is 1350 rubles. Elite clinker product of manual molding will cost 2950 rubles / m ?.
The Russian company Keralite manufactures high-quality ceramic facade tiles, including clinker tiles. All products are made of natural materials on modern equipment with the use of innovative technologies, which allows to obtain tiles with high chemical, physical and strength properties. The minimum price of clinker tiles made in Russia is 765 rubles / m ?.
The Polish company Cerrad, the brick tile of which is known all over the world, for the first time applied the method of dry molding in the production of clinker products. This allows you to get a material similar to ceramic granite, not only in appearance, but also in distinctive resistance to mechanical stress and surface damage to the finished product. The manufacturer offers the lowest price of the front clinker tiles, which starts from 610 rubles / m? and does not exceed 950 rubles / m ?.
- At the bottom of a perfectly flat wall, the starting bar is installed in the form of an aluminum profile.
- The second strap is attached to the height of the future lining.
- Installation begins with corner panels from the left corner.
- The first panel is inserted into the profile of aluminum and secured with screws or wood screws.
- A sealant or polyurethane foam is applied on the panel spike and the following thermopanel is inserted, inserted into the starting plate.
- The assembly of the next row begins after the previous one is fully laid.
Helpful advice! The seams between the plates can be further processed with special mixtures that will protect the insulation from moisture penetration.
Thanks to numerous positive reviews, facade thermopanels with clinker tiles occupy a leading position among facing materials that are not only able to give the building a creative and presentable appearance, but also create additional insulation for the walls, which will provide additional comfort for the building owners.