Today, the most acceptable for the cost of construction, is a septic tank of concrete rings with his own hands, the scheme of which is simply arranged. There is a significant amount of materials from which to make these sewage treatment plants independently. However, concrete rings, which are used for the construction of wells, make it easier to equip the suburban housing autonomous sewage system. What are the pros and cons of such a common decision, what is the cost and technology of construction, can we make septic tanks for giving without pumping out this way – we will look at this article.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of concrete septic tanks
The material from which septic tanks are constructed for an autonomous system of sewage treatment does not particularly affect the principle of their work. In any case, they purify domestic wastewater by settling and filtering in layers of soil. However, differences in the qualities of a material allow us to endow the device with certain advantages:
- the simplicity of the technology of the device, for the implementation of which there is no need to possess specific knowledge and skills. It is enough only to be able to use a shovel and connect sewer pipes;
- relatively low construction cost. If the excavation work is done independently, without attracting earth-moving equipment, then it will be necessary to spend money only on pipes and rings. By the way, they are much cheaper than ready-made septic tanks. Even self-manufacturing of a container, by pouring concrete, will cost an order of magnitude more expensive;
- quick completion of construction. It will not take a lot of time to build a turnkey septic tank of concrete rings. The cost of any construction process increases with time. Here you can do one day.
Of course, the cheapness of any project is due to the presence of certain disadvantages or inconveniences for the consumer. This is true with concrete rings. Because of their large weight, there is an urgent need to use technology to deliver these structures and lower them into a pit, the digging of which often also requires an excavator. You can save money, and significantly, if you dig with a shovel.
Helpful advice! In order not to spend money on a crane, concrete rings are descended from the car on a wooden ramp. At the same time trying to send them closer to the pit. For the descent into the pit, you can use the principle of self-immersion, which will be discussed further.
Concrete rings allow you to independently build a septic tank of any capacity and degree of wastewater treatment. The simplest option is a sump tank. It is the only hermetic container, the liquid in which simply accumulates and needs to be pumped out often. The volume of this container is governed by the number of rings used.
Standard rings made of concrete are in diameter, 100, 150 and 200 cm. The height of the rings is different, but rings with a height of 0.9 m are most often used. Accordingly, to calculate the volume of one element, you need to multiply the height by the square of the radius of the inner circumference and by the number P, equal to approximately 3.14. Those who are too lazy to do the calculations can remember that the meter ring gives a volume of about 0.7 m ?, a meter and a half about 1.5 m ?, and a two-meter ring a little more than 3 m ?.
The second option assumes the presence of two cameras. The first is the upholding of effluent and settling to the bottom of more dense substances. The second chamber flows liquid according to the principle of communicating vessels. The bottom of the second chamber is not tight, and drainage is arranged under it. For this reason, the liquid goes into the ground. The first camera is usually made somewhat smaller in volume.
The third scheme of a septic tank of concrete rings with their own hands suggests the implementation of a higher quality wastewater treatment. It has three cameras. In the second, suspended particles also settle, and in the third the water goes into the ground. This scheme cleans drains more reliably, but at the same time is more cumbersome.
Helpful advice! Sometimes the scheme of a septic tank of concrete rings with their own hands may suggest the device filter fields instead of the third tank. However, for this, the ground should be quite loose.
Consider the stages of work on the device septic tank with two cameras. The first will be a sedimentation tank, and the second is a natural soil filter. The total volume of the two chambers should be such as to ensure the reception of effluent in an amount equal to the volume of liquid coming from the house in 3 days.
It is established that each person spends 200 liters of water per day. So, for a family consisting of 4 people, the minimum volume of the septic tank will be about 2.5 m ?. All you need is two half meter rings. However, you need to take into account the depth of soil freezing. Therefore, you will need at least two rings that will be on top.
- we unload the rings from the car body at the place where we are planning to dig a pit. Two rings put directly in place. The distance between them is no more than 1 m;
- in the second ring, using a perforator, we hollow out many holes over the entire surface. They are needed for drainage. Their size should not be less than 50×50 mm, since small ones tend to wash over time;
- start digging the soil right inside the ring. As we excavate, we dig under the walls of the ring. This will allow him to gradually sink into the ground. When the top edge is level with the ground, we coat it with a solution of cement and put a second ring on it. We continue to dig until the second ring is in the ground. After that, we make the filling of the bottom with concrete, having previously tamped it. After hardening the solution, we arrange a baking waterproofing with bitumen mastic, including at the joints between the rings;
- close the upper ring with a cover with a hatch for unloading the substrate, which will gradually accumulate in the compartment. Sewage pipes are brought into the tank below the level of soil freezing, or we make their careful thermal insulation with insulation;
- Similarly, we dig in the rings of the second well. Only the bottom of it does not need to be concreted, but on the contrary it is worth pouring a layer of rubble there for drainage. The pipe between the first and the second compartment is made at the desired depth so that it cannot freeze.
Helpful advice! If there are a lot of people living in the house and the water consumption exceeds the above volumes, then you should not dig deep pits. It is not comfortable. It is much easier to add a third compartment, having concreted the bottom in the second.
The scheme of a septic tank of concrete rings with their own hands involves the work of concreting the bottom. It is not produced only in the last well. For concreting, it is necessary to firmly tamp the bottom and pour a layer of rubble 5 cm thick there. Then we put the reinforcement and fill it with another 5 cm. A common layer of the screed will be 10 cm.
A feature of trenches for sewer pipes is that for each subsequent pipe, the trench will have to be dug deeper by 20 cm to ensure a height difference. Therefore, the depth of the wells themselves is the greater, the greater their sequence number.
If you do not have the time or elementary building skills, you can order the installation of a septic tank of turnkey concrete rings. The cost of the work performed will have to be added in this case to the total construction budget.