Heating your home is not so difficult. Here is what you need for building your own home’s heating system: equipment installation and communications scheme, the necessary amount of materials, knowledge and useful tips offered below.
How to arrange heating of a private house with your own hands: schemes of various options
Already at the design stage, the future owners should decide on the choice of the type of heating system for a country house, designed to warm the household with heat for many years. It depends on many important circumstances. The main ones are: the availability of utilities, connected to the construction site, the cost of a particular resource in a particular area. By the type of location of heat sources in the room, all options can be divided into:
- point: stoves, heaters, gas and electric heaters;
- distributed: liquid radiators connected by pipes.
If you have certain knowledge and skills, you can create any of the above listed private home heating. Schemes with the description can be easily found on the network, and the main points of installation should be read in advance.
According to the energy source, all heaters can be divided into: solid fuel, liquid fuel, gas and electric. The solid wood stoves include classic wood-burning stoves made of metal or brick. In many places they still function properly. Today, a large number of populated areas do not have gas supply, so residents are forced to make a choice between a conventional stove and an electric boiler. Is firewood still cheaper than electricity in terms of m? heated volume. The disadvantages of this option include the presence of garbage in the house of firewood, and the need to heat the furnace twice a day in the winter.
Helpful advice! If it is impossible to arrange more modern heating in the house, it is possible to optimize the use of stoves. To this end, it is recommended to purchase a long-burning furnace and use it as an energy center to power the liquid radiator heating system.
Among other things, you can arrange the heating system of a private house with your own hands, the scheme of which provides only the installation of several heating devices in different rooms. This refers to various electric or gas heaters. They may be convection type or infrared. The former suggest direct heat propagation from the heated elements of the devices by means of convection, and the latter emit infrared, electromagnetic waves invisible to the human eye, which can accelerate the movement of molecules in the surrounding objects, thereby contributing to the heat they release. These devices consume 30% less electricity.
The easiest way to create this type of heating a private house with their own hands. Schemes, videos and instructions to heating devices everyone can understand. Installation of devices of this type is not complicated. The device is put in the right place and included in the network. Difficulty may arise only with the connection of a gas heater. However, this device is not very popular, because it does not have sufficient mobility and stands only at the point where the pipeline is connected. In addition, it has an open fire, which is unsafe for residential use.
Helpful advice! Heaters, unlike conventional electric heaters, supply hot air from the heating elements with a fan, so the room heats up much faster. However, they, unfortunately, use a large amount of electricity. Such devices are recommended to be used in summer cottages for quick heating in the winter period with infrequent visits.
Point heat sources are not used as the main heating of a private house. It is not difficult to repeat the scheme of this design with my own hands, but it does not meet all the requirements for heating houses of middle latitudes.
This is the most popular way to provide heat to various premises, including residential buildings. If in urban apartments the liquid coolant is heated in central boiler rooms and is pumped over to all apartments, then in a private house you need to heat it yourself. This can be done with the help of any energy: electric or generated by the combustion of any fuel. Often it does not matter what kind of fuel burns. This may be firewood, dry briquettes, gas or fuel oil. Each of them has its own stoves and boilers, some of which function normally on different types of fuel.
Of course, you can build such a heating system of a private house with your own hands. The scheme of its installation is always about the same:
- stove or boiler installed in a special room or in the bathroom. Boilers can be electric or gas. Some modern models have two circuits and an automatic control system. Gas options are equipped with a pipe to exit the products of combustion. They come with a natural bout or with forced exhaust. All boilers vary in power, on which depends the ability of heating of a particular area. Inside all the boilers there are so-called grate bars or contours of thin tubes through which the heat-transfer fluid circulates. They can be water, antifreeze or technical oil. Each circuit has an input and output;
- system of radiators having connections with each other using pipes in series or in parallel. It is connected to the contour of the boiler. Since the liquid is subject to thermal expansion to a considerable degree, there is always an expansion tank in the system, which can be a separate element or be part of a boiler;
- when heating large areas or houses with two or more floors, a centrifugal pump is mounted in the system, which causes the fluid to circulate intensively through pipes and radiators, more efficiently exchanging heat with the surrounding air.
Knowing the basic principles, you can begin to create a heating system of a private house with your own hands. Its scheme was described above, and with the installation procedure can be found below.
Before you begin the actual installation, you need to calculate the need for materials. This can be done only if you know the required boiler capacity and the norms of distribution of kilocalories from radiators. To calculate the number of sections in the radiators of a private house, you need to know that at 1 m? 150 watts of power are needed. Knowing that the average power of a standard battery section is 15 W, you can count the number of sections for any room. The power of the boiler itself must exceed 10% required for heating the whole house. For example, for normal operation of a boiler for heating a house with an area of 100 m ?, it is necessary that it has a capacity of more than 15 kW.
We continue the instructions for the construction of heating a private house with their own hands. Schemes, videos and nuances of various variants of this process can be read. here. In general terms, the following algorithm can be followed:
- The place to install the boiler should be a separate room, especially if it is gas.
- In the right places we install batteries with the required number of sections.
- We connect them together with one or two pipes, depending on the selected layout. At the same time monitor the level relative to the horizon.
- In the return pipe we install an expansion tank, and in the flow centrifugal pump if they are not in the design of the boiler itself.
- The incoming and outgoing pipes are screwed to the corresponding boiler pipes.
- We fill the system with water through the expander or directly from the water supply system, if such a possibility is provided for in the design and we start the boiler.
Helpful advice! Drain cocks must be present at the top of the batteries to vent the air. Otherwise, the system cannot be completely filled.
There are many types of organization of heating in a private house and methods of its installation. Which one to choose, each owner decides himself in accordance with preferences and economic considerations.