With modern prices for utilities, I want to save by all means. However, it is impossible to do without heat in winter; therefore, manufacturers of heaters devote all their resources to developing cost-effective ways to heat premises. Among them – infrared ceiling heaters with thermostat: the prices of these devices are more than justified by the durability and efficiency of operation and energy savings.
Features of infrared ceiling heaters with thermostat
The principle of operation of the heater is based on infrared light. This light does not affect the air, but on objects, heating them. The same principle affects the sun. In the heat, you can often observe heat waves over hot asphalt and other heated objects. In this case, the sun works as an infrared heater: it does not heat the air, but the asphalt itself, which acts as a convector, absorbing cold air and giving up hot air.
Understanding how infrared heaters work is simple: the heat carrier in their case is infrared radiation, which warms up the objects in the room from the inside, which, in turn, act as convectors or heating batteries. A normal home radiator works on the principle of heating its surface with water, after which the battery heats the air. This process leads to a feeling of stuffiness in the room.
If you buy an infrared ceiling heater, it will help solve this problem. Indeed, continuing the analogy with the sun, if it burned oxygen, life on Earth would cease to exist. That is, the infrared heater does not burn oxygen and there is no feeling of lack of air in the room.
Infrared heaters are one of the most modern heating systems, with many advantages over previous solutions. However, like any device, this technique has its drawbacks. Let’s look at the pros and cons of such heaters.
Infrared heaters of the ceiling type have such advantages:
- compactness and space saving – infrared ceiling heaters with a thermostat do not take up space in the room and do not clutter up living space;
- profitability – such a device helps to significantly reduce electricity costs and the cost of utilities, mainly due to the thermostat;
- these heaters do not dry the air, respectively, there is no need for constant ventilation of the room, additional use of a humidifier and an air conditioner, which also contributes to savings;
- simplicity of installation – the lack of complex schemes allows you to connect the heater yourself;
- the richness of choice – from the variety of forms and models you can always choose a ceiling infrared heater, the price of which suits you, and the appearance of the device fits well into the interior;
- harmless to human health – you can install such a heater in any residential area, including the child’s bedroom;
- fire safety – any infrared ceiling heater of a new generation is equipped with a special sensor that reacts to overheating, and in case of a risk of fire, the device will simply turn off.
The disadvantages of purchasing an infrared ceiling heater are as follows:
- cost – although the price of ceiling infrared heaters is compensated by long-term and efficient work, it is nevertheless quite high and, depending on the company and the power of the device, can reach 30 thousand rubles. for one heater;
Helpful advice! To save on the purchase of a heater, you can pay attention to the products of domestic companies. For example, if you buy an infrared ceiling heater Icoline or Bilyuks, it will cost much cheaper with a similar European quality.
- problems with the use of low ceilings in the room – in this case would have to prefer a ceiling wall or floor heater;
- the need to consider the possibility of wiring even before buying the device – if in your apartment at the same time used a lot of electrical appliances, excessive load on the network may occur.
Before buying an infrared ceiling heater for home, cottage or non-residential premises, carefully study all types of devices and possible models. Each type of device has its own characteristics: some are optimally suited for the home, while others are absolutely not suitable for residential premises. Let’s look at the classification of heating devices in more detail.
Various types of heating devices, their features and applications:
|Heater Type||Features of the heater||Where use|
|Film infrared ceiling heater|| ||best option to give|
|Gas heater|| ||such a heater should not be left unattended, therefore it is inconvenient for residential premises|
|Electric household heater|| ||Living spaces|
Helpful advice! If your home is an infrared heater is the main source of heat, take care of the presence of thermostats in each room. These devices help to maintain a constant comfortable temperature in the room, and also act as additional measures against possible ignition.
At the stage when seed germination is expected, the temperature in the room and the temperature of the soil are of particular importance. That is why infrared heaters in the country are often used not only to heat the house, but also in the greenhouse.
For these purposes, it is better to choose small models of low power, as for heating the greenhouse does not need heavy-duty devices, and compact dimensions will simplify installation. In the case of a long greenhouse, it is better to equip it with several weaker heaters instead of one powerful one.
Infrared heater is the best choice for gardeners, because when heated by the other devices, the heated air rises, leaving the soil cool and not speeding up the seed and plant growth. An infrared device, in the first place, will act on plants and the soil, and then on the air.
In addition, such devices are economical, especially in the presence of a thermostat, which will help to avoid overheating and overspending of electricity. And all costs are paid off by increasing germination and reducing the time for which the seeds germinate. For example, when soil is heated by infrared heaters, the germination rate increases by 30-35%, which repeatedly justifies the costs in the case of expensive elite seeds or the urgent need for a very early harvest.
Depending on the design features, infrared heaters are divided into the following types:
- panel, made in the form of flat thin rectangular panels (usually with a flat heating element);
- in the form of a lamp with a reflector and a spiral heater (it may have a different shape, size, thickness and appearance);
- film, made in the form of a polymer film with a heater applied with a thick layer on its surface.
The shape of the heating elements are:
- lamellar flat;
- ultra-thin film.
According to the material of manufacture, the heating elements are divided into:
- quartz – a source of infrared radiation is a tungsten filament in a quartz vacuum tube or a monolithic plate of quartz sand;
- carbon fiber – carbon fiber or ultrathin plates serves as a source of radiation;
- halogen – the tube in such heaters fills inert gas;
- Ceramic – heat is evenly distributed over the plates of ceramic parts, the surface of the heater with almost no heat;
- mikatermicheskie – have the ability to heat objects.
First of all, when choosing a heater, one should proceed from the peculiarities of the room in which the appliance will be installed. However, there are general characteristics that you should pay attention to when buying.
Table with the main characteristics of infrared ceiling heaters:
|Characteristic||Recommendations for selection|
|Heater power|| |
|Instrument housing|| |
|Moisture and condensation protection|| |
|Color shape|| |
|The material of manufacture of the heater (for film heaters)|| |
|Cost of|| |
Helpful advice! If you have not found where to buy a ceiling infrared heater that suits you in all respects, do not rush to purchase what you have. Refer to online stores of proven manufacturers – very often the assortment on the sites is greater than in offline stores.
The price of an infrared heater with a thermostat will be higher than devices without a built-in thermostat. But note that the purchase of a thermostat separately can be compared with the price of the heater itself. In this case, everything depends on the manufacturer of the device and its complexity, so there are also low-end models on the market. If you decide to purchase a thermostat separately, you should know what characteristics to pay attention to.
Varieties of thermostats and their features:
|Thermostat type||Special features|
|Mechanical thermostat with timer|| |
|Electronic thermostat with the ability to manually adjust the temperature|| |
|Smart Rheostat|| |
Helpful advice! Choose a thermostat and infrared heater from the same manufacturer. Such a measure eliminates the risk of incompatibility of devices.
The main thing that is important to consider when installing a ceiling heater, is the height of the ceiling. Make sure that it allows you to position the device, leaving the minimum allowable distance from the heater to the head of a standing person. For example, the smallest distance allowed between the heater and the head of a standing person is 0.5 m. Thus, the ceiling in the room should not be below 2.30 m.
Also pay attention to the material of the ceiling decoration – it must be non-flammable. If your ceiling is trimmed with PVC film, clapboard or plastic panels, buy only a device specifically designed for such cases, or give preference to a wall or floor heater.
This type of heater is easy to install. You do not need to purchase accessories – all the necessary fasteners are included with the device.
From the tools you need:
Installation steps for infrared ceiling heaters:
- Calculate where to install optimal ceiling heater. This is usually the coldest place above the door or window. But, depending on the purpose of the heater, the location may vary.
- Fasten the holder-brackets – corners of metal with holes through which it is necessary to drill the ceiling. Please note that on each bracket two fasteners – do not neglect them. The weight of the heater is small, but precautions never hurt.
- Drive the anchors into the drilled holes and tighten them until it squeaks.
- If the room has a very high ceiling, fix special suspension chains on the previously fixed brackets. With their help, you can independently adjust the height of the heater.
- Hang the heater on the circuits.
- Do electrical wiring. The wires from the device must pass to the thermostat, they are connected according to the scheme attached to the device. Usually three heaters are connected to one regulator, but there are models with five connectors.
- Test each instrument in turn.
- Connect the wires from the thermostat to the wiring.
Helpful advice! If there is a wooden ceiling in the room, drilling is not required – it is enough to screw the screws.
Film ceiling heater is even easier to install. Secure the device to the ceiling with self-tapping screws or glue. Be careful with the heating element – choose other places for mounting on the surface of the device.
Depending on the size of the room, after installing the heater, the heat in the room can be felt already after 10-30 minutes.
On the market there are various heaters, both domestic and foreign manufacturers. And each company has its leading models. So, consider the most popular ceiling-type infrared heaters:
- infrared ceiling heaters Peony. The equipment of this brand is the number one solution when choosing among domestic manufacturers. Especially popular models of this company with ceramic heaters. The company also has an original line of design devices in glass cases. One of the main advantages of these heaters is versatility – suitable models can be found for the home and for the garden. In addition, the price of infrared ceiling heaters with a thermostat Peony will be lower than foreign counterparts with similar quality;
- infrared ceiling heaters Ballu. This company is the undisputed leader among the products of foreign manufacturers. Balu infrared ceiling heaters are durable. In addition, the products of this company are universal: the market presents both models for domestic and industrial use;
- heaters ceiling type Ecoline. The devices of this company show themselves well in everyday life. Their strength is high efficiency with a long lifespan without loss of performance;
Infrared heaters: the pros and cons, the prices of appliances. The use of infrared heaters for various rooms. Area heating appliances. Heaters Almak. Average prices for infrared devices.
- infrared heaters HeatV. Especially well proven industrial infrared ceiling heaters from this company. Among their advantages are adaptability to continuous work, the ability to work at extreme temperatures and resistance to the negative effects of the external environment;
- ceiling heaters PLEN. This company offers high-quality film heaters.
Comparing prices for infrared ceiling heaters from various manufacturers:
|Manufacturer||Price level, rub.|
Choosing a heater, I want to save money. However, try to think over the purchase in the future, because you should take into account not only the cost, but also the power, durability of the device. It should proceed primarily from your goal.
For example, buying an infrared film ceiling heater with a thermostat, the price of which is much lower than other types of infrared heaters, will be justified if your task is to solve the immediate problem of heating the room (for example, in a rented apartment or in the country). But, if you expect to use such a heater for dozens of years, it is better to pay attention to models with longer service lives – they are more expensive, but they pay off for their long and uninterrupted work.