For autonomous heating of country houses, you can use various methods. Most often, the choice falls on boilers that are fairly simple to use, economical and durable. Gas boiler for heating and hot water supply of a private house – this is the best option in terms of price and quality. Let’s try to figure out what gas boilers exist for heating a private house: how to choose the right model for your home.
Options for boilers for different homes
Gas boilers are not the only option. The type of fuel depends on the type of house and the surrounding area:
- if there are thermal waters near the house, then the best solution would be to use the energy of water for heating;
- firewood is perfect for a garden house;
- if there is a gas main near the house, then it is worth buying a gas boiler.
The power of the future boiler is calculated from such parameters as the need for hot water at home, as well as its heat loss. The higher they are, the more powerful the boiler is, respectively.
Depending on the type of fuel, there are heating boilers that operate:
- on solar energy;
- on liquid fuel, for example, diesel fuel, fuel oil, kerosene;
- on gaseous fuel;
- on solid fuels – peat, coal, wood;
- powered by electricity;
- on geothermal energy, that is, the energy of natural sources.
Of all the above types of gas boilers – this is the most economical option for a private house, so we will consider them.
To accurately calculate the estimated power of the boiler for heating a private house, it is safest to use the services of a heat engineering specialist. However, this parameter can be roughly estimated independently. It is worth remembering that a room with a volume of 30 cubic meters takes about 1 kW of boiler power. If the boiler will be used for heating water, then the specified parameter should be increased by 2 times.
Helpful advice! This formula is suitable only for the average room. If we are talking about heating a glazed veranda, an extension or a summer kitchen, then we need a more powerful boiler.
Another important point when choosing – the location of the boiler inside the house. There are a number of requirements, how to choose a gas boiler for heating a private house on this parameter:
- there must be good ventilation in the room with the boiler. If it is impossible to ensure a natural air flow, you will have to install an artificial ventilation system;
- Gas boiler for heating a private house should be installed on the ground or basement of the building. At the same time, there must be another exit from the room;
- for normal maintenance of the device, there must be good artificial or natural lighting in the room.
In order to finally decide which boiler to choose, it is worth considering the following points:
- the cost of additional equipment – the price of a double-floor gas boiler for heating a private house will be significantly higher if you also purchase a pump, safety devices, an expansion tank and other equipment. Also, you will additionally need to buy a coaxial chimney for a gas boiler;
- in order to mount the boiler of the floor type, it is necessary to have a good natural draft and large diameter chimney in the room;
- building standards and tolerances must comply with equipment requirements;
- if there is equipment in the complete set with the boiler that will allow, if necessary, to transfer it to work on liquefied gas, then it is worthwhile to give preference to it.
Helpful advice! All modern boilers are powered by electricity, so you should always consider providing a backup power source if power surges are observed in your home. Uninterruptible power supplies for gas boilers are well suited for this.
Thus, the choice of a gas boiler for heating a private house depends on the volume of the room, the presence of a chimney and other parameters.
There are two types of gas boilers for a private house: floor and wall. Each of them has its own characteristics.
A wall-mounted gas boiler is a compact and convenient thermal unit that connects in its design a heat exchanger, a gas burner, a pump with which you can increase the pressure in the heating system, an expansion tank, measuring instruments for temperature control and an integrated security system. Because of this, the price of a wall-mounted gas-fired gas boiler for heating a private house will be higher than that of a floor-standing system, but it will give more benefits.
Traction in the wall gas boiler can be both forced and natural. Forced draft is good for those types of buildings that do not have their own chimney – then a built-in fan comes into play, which removes the combustion products through a separate coaxial chimney of the boiler, which is mounted into the wall. If the house has a chimney, then it is better to choose a model with a natural burden, it will be cheaper.
In addition to heating, the second important function of a gas boiler is water heating. For this purpose, single-circuit or double-circuit boilers are used. Single-circuit, at the same time, are equipped with a separate design, that is, a boiler. Regardless of the number of circuits, the boiler is equipped with automatic, which allows you to adjust the mode of operation. In the warm season, the boiler does not turn on for heating, and thus saves your money.
How to choose a wall gas boiler for heating a private house? Pay attention to its power, number of circuits, dimensions, power consumption and other parameters.
Among the advantages of gas boilers with wall mounting are the following:
- relatively small weight – about 50 kg;
- compact dimensions, does not take up much space in the room;
- If necessary, a wall gas boiler can be transferred to work on liquefied gas.
Helpful advice! If you want the boiler does not take up a lot of space, then choose the wall option. However, keep in mind that the floor version is much more powerful.
Outdoor boilers are good because they can effectively heat large rooms – over 200 square meters. Compared with wall-mounted boilers, they have less efficiency, but they warm up even large houses and provide them with a comfortable microclimate.