The roof is the most important element of any building and structure. Not only technical characteristics, but also esthetic qualities depend on its correct device. There are many forms of roof structure. The easiest way to build a roof with your own hands is a double-sided corner. Its device requires a minimum of materials and construction skills.
How to build a roof with a dvukhskatnuyu angle
This type of roof construction has been known since ancient times. It is the most optimal and simple. Such a roof has two slope planes located at an angle. You can see a lot of photos of gable roofs various designs, but they are divided into 3 main types:
- Symmetrical. In the section has the form of an isosceles rectangle. Ideal when the triangle is equilateral, that is, the slopes are located at angles of 45 degrees to the base.
- Asymmetrical. It has ramps of various lengths. The solution is original, but leaves little attic space.
- Polyline This roof is also called the mansard. The cut looks like a pentagon. Ramps, as if broken in relation to the base. This design leaves a large attic space, which makes it possible to construct an attic floor.
For the construction of a dual-slope roof of any of these types, it is necessary to know the details of its construction and present the wiring diagram of each element.
Any roof consists of 4 main elements: the roof system, lathing, roofing and gables. What are all these structural elements?
These are the main supporting elements forming the roof frame. Rafter system is nashonnaya and hanging. In the case of a suspended device, there are central pillars in the structure, which rest on the girder lying on the supporting partition in the center of the building. On them lies the ridge run along the whole house. On the external bearing walls of the building, the mauerlat is laid parallel to the ridge girder. The ridge run and both mowerlat are connected to each other by lags, called truss feet. For rigidity, the rafter legs are fastened to the central struts of the struts. You can clearly see this in the photo of the dual slope roof.
When hanging type of installation truss system central pillars may be absent altogether. This is good when you need open space in the attic. This method makes the rafters, when there is no internal load-bearing wall. Rafter legs in the lower part are interconnected by tightening the bar. At the top of the stiffness is attached with a bolt, fastening them.
Helpful advice! If the roof is very wide, then under the junction of rafter legs in the area of the ridge a stand is established, called the headstock. Below it rests on the inhaling.
For the erection of the truss system, high-quality wood is needed, namely: 150X150 bars and 50X150 mm plank boards. To build a gable roof with your own hands, besides the rafters, it is necessary to build a crate.
This design is nothing but the plane of the entire slope. It is made of tesa up to 25 mm thick. Boards are nailed to the rafter legs parallel to the ridge girder, starting from the bottom. Soft roofing types require continuous sheathing or laying a layer of plywood or other sheet material on top of it. On the crate attached vapor barrier and insulation if necessary.
Gables are side triangles formed by rafter legs and a side wall or puff. They are subject to closure by boards or other materials. They can be cut openings for windows or doors.
The roof is the last finishing layer of the roof, which is designed to protect the entire structure from precipitation and wind. It is mounted on the crate over the vapor barrier or insulation. Make a roof of various roofing materials. In addition to these basic elements of the roof there are many small ones: ridge and wind boards, cornice boards and drainage systems. To build a double-sided roof with your own hands, you need to study the step-by-step instructions for this process.
The device truss system gable roof do it yourself. The main wooden elements of the truss system of a gable roof and the process of their installation.
Before you start the installation of a gable roof with your own hands, you need to do all the necessary calculations. The height of the roof depends on the region of construction. In the southern latitudes, where there is no large snow cover, the roof can be flat. In areas where a lot of precipitation is required to build a high roof. It should also take into account the speed of the prevailing winds. For normal conditions, the roof projection should be close to an equilateral triangle.
Helpful advice! All calculations are performed using the Pythagorean theorem. With it you can calculate all the basic parameters of the roof.
After purchasing the necessary materials, installation is carried out in the following order:
- Mauerlat bars are installed on the outer walls. If the house is wooden, then there is no need for this, since the main bar is the upper timber of the outer walls. If the walls are made of brick or blocks, then the power plate is attached to them with bolts. In this case, the bolts must be securely sealed in the masonry walls. Between the mauerlat and the wall, waterproofing of roofing material is arranged;
- if the structure is nasal, then the girder is fixed to the central bearing wall in the same way;
- installed central pillars and fixed corners or “in the spike.” They are installed every 2–3 meters;
- put on them ridge beam and securely fasten. At the same time, it is necessary to use the building level to give a vertical position to the posts and a horizontal ridge bar. Then the photo of the gable roof will be perfect;
- extreme rafter legs are attached to the mauerlat and ridge bar. They are made of board. In the lower part they make nicks, with which the rafters rest against the power plate. It does not allow them to move down. Installing extreme rafters – the most crucial moment. It is necessary to ensure that the triangle formed by the pediment lies in the same plane. The lower part of the rafters should hang slightly behind the walls of the building to form a plumb. If this is not possible, then to each rafter bottom nail the boards hanging over the walls. They are called filly. They then nailed eaves to protect against precipitation and wind;
- For the further installation of the gable roof, it is required to install intermediate rafter legs with your own hands. They are installed similarly to the extreme opposite of each rack;
- the whole structure is stiffened with braces;
- in places where there will be windows, reinforcement is made by tamping up bars for rigidity.
When hanging designs the same procedure, but there are some features. Since often the central pillars may be absent, the ridge beams are made of boards. It has no support, therefore it is nailed to the top of the rafters below their connection. The rafters themselves are attached to each other by a crossbar made of board. Bind the rafters in advance according to the drawing at the required angle. Only after that set in place. After the installation of the truss system is completed, the gables are sewn up. If they go under the siding, then you can not sew tightly.
Helpful advice! It is desirable to sew gables even before the device of the batten, since it will be possible to cut the boards strictly along the contour of a triangle using a chainsaw. This will eliminate the need to die out every board.
The device crates start with the bottom board. It must be cut so that it can be attached to the hooks of the drainage system. The first board is laid strictly parallel to the Mauerlate at the same distance from him. The following boards are laid parallel to it with or without gaps. It depends on the type of roof.
If the roof is mansard, then it is necessary to make its insulation. To do this, under the rafters, boards are attached to which the vapor barrier is laid, and there is a mineral wool or foam insulation on it. Only after that the main crate is made, on which the roof is already laid. Completes the entire process of installation of ridge and wind boards, as well as the drainage system.
The dual-slope roof, made by own hands according to all construction rules, will serve for a long time with no complaints.