With the help of modern developments in the field of construction, you can easily equip the porch of a wooden house. The photo gallery presented by professional craftsmen demonstrates the possibilities of various materials. To create a truly beautiful and original design, you can use a combination of metal elements with polycarbonate, bricks with stone. But still against the background of the house, completely made of wood, it will be better to look wooden porch.
Open and closed porch
The covered porch usually has walls or small partitions protecting the porch space from the outside world. Over this design place the roof so that it resembled a veranda. On this porch, you can bring the lighting and provide places to relax in the heat of summer. The main advantage of the indoor structure is the protection of the front door and the wall from the weather.
The open porch is often used in the arrangement of country or country houses. It can be open, or equipped with a small visor. It can be equipped with original columns. In this case, it will be beneficial to stand out from the whole house.
It is necessary to decide in advance how (open or closed) will be the porch of a wooden house. Photo Gallery All sorts of options will help to understand the intricacies in order to create a truly functional and convenient design.
If the foundation of a wooden house is quite high, you will need to arrange a porch with steps. They can be made of cement mortar, brick, stone or wood. However, the following rules must be observed during the construction of steps:
- If you plan to perform more than 3 steps, then you will need to install additional supporting structures or railings to increase safety.
- The wide and flat ladder is more convenient. Therefore, the height of each element should not exceed 20 cm, and the width should be such that the leg of an adult person (about 28 cm) becomes.
- On the porch with the rise of the best of all to hold the lighting, so that one does not accidentally stumble when climbing in the dark.
It is much easier to equip a porch without steps, such a construction will not require additional costs. With or without lift, it perfectly decorates the general appearance of the facade of the porch of a wooden house. Photo Gallery The design decisions showcases various ideas brought to life by professionals.
To preserve the overall style of the facade, it is recommended to attach a porch made of wood to the wooden house. This method is considered less expensive, because modern materials, although easy to use, are quite expensive. To create a wooden porch will require:
- timber 15×15;
- board 15×2.5;
- covering material for the roof.
To create a high-quality and reliable porch, you need to fill the foundation. If the construction of the house is not planned arrangement of the porch and the monolithic foundation is not, then you can use a pile structure. The support in this case will be the usual wooden timber, treated with antiseptic compounds. You can smear the surface of the log with bitumen mastic or burn with open fire.
The timber is installed in prepared pits and carefully tamped around the ground. For a more durable construction, prepared cement can be poured into the pits. In the installed supports perform the gash and strengthen lags on them. After that proceed to the arrangement of the steps themselves.
Helpful advice! For a more stable construction, it is recommended to fasten the supports to the house with dowels or nails.
If you plan to build a visor or roof, you need to prepare a longer beam, which will act as pillars. They need 4 pieces. The installed supports are tied around the top along the perimeter with a board or a thinner bar, and only then a crate is constructed for the future roof. Then laying of the covering material is made and its fastening.
Helpful advice! Be sure to respect the slope when creating the roof porch of a wooden house. The photo gallery shows various levels of slope to protect against the accumulation of snow and ice in the frosty season.
When building a porch, you should follow some rules:
- The porch leading to the house should be spacious so that the open front door does not extend beyond it. Residents leaving the house should not immediately fall on the steps, as this often leads to injuries, especially in the winter.
- The standard height of the steps is about 20 cm, but it is possible to ease walking on them in the winter by increasing them by another couple of centimeters. Low steps when snow gets on them form a real hill.
- If the extension is designed separately, then it is not necessary to firmly connect it with the wall of the house. The wall and the porch have different degrees of shrinkage and a strong tandem can cause the construction to skew.
Helpful advice! The wooden parts of the porch require high-quality protection from moisture. Therefore, it is recommended to process wood with linseed oil and then to open with paint and varnish compounds.
In order for the porch to serve for a long time, it is necessary to purchase high quality wood. For the arrangement of the steps suitable spruce or pine. These materials are great for outdoor construction, the porch of them will be durable and reliable.