The porch is the face, the calling card of the house. It is most often used only for decorative purposes, but sometimes loaded with additional functionality. Quite often they build a porch with a visor in a private house; the photos of the buildings presented in this article show several options from various materials. Small, neat entrances to the house with a small visor and large porches with an equipped spacious canopy also look great.
Before building a structure, it is necessary to create at least an approximate project. For this you need:
- draw a sketch;
- make measurements;
- select materials and calculate their quantity;
- prepare the necessary tools.
The best option is the construction of the porch, made together with the construction of the house. This design will be more durable. With a separate design it is necessary to take into account the future weight of the porch steps, as well as to determine the places of connection with the general building.
In order for the porch to be safe and comfortable, you need to correctly calculate its size.
- Square at the front door. Depending on which door system is installed at the entrance, single or with two leaves, they regulate the size of the platform next to it. The minimum size in the first case will be this: the depth of the porch is at least 1.5 m, and its width is about 1.6 m. The double door requires more space, so these figures should be more than 2 m. it is necessary to increase them.
- Steps. The number of future steps is directly proportional to the height of the basement of the house. If, when calculating, their number exceeds 3, then you need to additionally equip the porch platform with handrails for safety. The most convenient is the flat and wide staircase, but in each option it is worth choosing individual values. The standard is considered to be the size of the steps, when the width of an adult’s leg (~ 28 cm) rises without any problems, and the height is no more than 20 cm.
- Lighting. Since the porch is considered a place of special trauma, it is necessary to provide lighting devices on it. The “3 step” rule also applies here. If their number is 4 or more, one lamp will not be enough.
- Visor. The size of the visor is usually much wider than the porch. The minimum difference on each side must be at least 30 cm. Such a visor will perfectly protect the porch and the front door from precipitation and increase their service life.
Helpful advice! When arranging a wood visor, mandatory waterproofing will be required, especially when using a metal profile as a covering material.
After the sketch has appeared, it is necessary to choose the materials from which the future structure and its roof will be made. First of all, you should pay attention to what the building is made of. A massive stone porch will not fit a small wooden house, and an entrance made of wood will look stupid at a brick cottage. The entrance system made of the same materials as the building will look harmoniously. For arrangement of the roof of the roof is usually used soft tile, metal profile or cellular polycarbonate.
Consider the options for the construction of the input structure of various materials. This may require the following tools and materials:
- building level;
- Bulgarian or electric drill;
- crushed stone, cement, sand (for a concrete base);
- boards (for wooden construction);
- standard red or white silicate brick;
- metal elements;
- roofing material.
A wooden porch with a visor in a private house will look great, photos of various options will amaze with individuality of solutions and building approaches. This design is quite simple to do it yourself. When arranging the entrance staircase and the roof over it from wood, it is not necessary to choose lumber of expensive breeds, since the service life of such a porch is much less than that of its other counterparts. Boards with a section of 50-150 mm are used.
Helpful advice! When arranging the input system of wood, it must be treated with oil or antiseptic solutions to prevent decay. It is also necessary to consider a layer of waterproofing base, to protect against excess moisture.
For a more solid construction, a foundation is required, however, due to the ease of the material, you can do without it, especially if you plan to cover the building with soft tiles. First, they install supports, kosour, and then boards are planted on them – future steps. Then a roof is erected on high supports and covered with the selected material. Be sure to provide a bunch of porch with the main building.
For such a weighty design, you will need to create the right, solid foundation – the foundation. To do this, dig a pit, the depth of which is equal to the size of the foundation of the main building. A pad of sand and gravel is poured, and then concrete is poured into the installed formwork. The foundation should be reinforced with reinforcement or metal mesh. You will also need to install in it vertical metal elements for coupling, followed by laying and mounting the visor.
After arranging the foundation, a brick is laid on the waterproofing layer – future steps. The masonry is made on a normal mortar; when it is carried out, it is necessary to accurately calculate the dimensions of each level so that the ladder is flat. The final touch can be laying tiles, such as porcelain. After that, the visor is made of the selected material.
Helpful advice! The corner ends of the steps can be closed with a metal corner, so the construction will last much longer.
Often, the arrangement of the porch does not cost the construction of steps alone and a visor. Many people want to get more functionality from the occupied space and arrange the walls around the roof area, as well as cover it with a large canopy. Lightweight and easy to use cellular polycarbonate is ideal for this purpose. This is a modern polymeric material, manufactured in the form of hollow panels, interconnected by partitions – stiffeners.
The main advantages of cellular polycarbonate:
- high strength;
- low weight;
- non-exposure to atmospheric phenomena;
- resistance to temperature changes.
Usually polycarbonate is fixed on a metal frame, the construction of which is provided for at the stage of laying the steps. It does not have to be massive due to the lightness of the roofing material used. Carbonate is fastened with screws and washers, so that no water leaks in place of the holes. You will also need an end profile and tape for polycarbonate fabric.
Not the last role is played by the aesthetics of the erected structure. To maintain the integrity of the ensemble when decorating the porch often use the consistency of colors. If the enclosing structures are made with elements of forging, they will ideally look in the design of pilasters.
In the classic version of the porch, the arrangement of the gable visor, neatly shaped railings and large round balusters are used. For facing the steps suitable stone or tile. You can also try to equip the porch in the style of “Castle”. It can be a massive entrance system decorated with a wild stone, complemented by torch lamps and railings. You can easily turn the porch into an amazing patio. On a similar open porch-terrace have a place to relax and receive guests. The roof in this case, do light, or do not do it at all.
As you can see, there are quite a few options for arranging a beautiful and original porch. Among the huge amount of materials and proposed design solutions, you can choose something of their own, individual.