Each person seeks to protect his property as reliably as possible. There are many ways to do this. Various surveillance systems are not superfluous to control the area and the entrance of an apartment building. Video call to the door to the apartment will allow you to quickly find out who came to visit. At its core, this system is a video intercom that allows you to control visitor access to the office, apartment building or the enterprise.
Basic video call features
A standard flat-panel video call can perform several basic functions, but its main purpose is the ability to see the visitor who rang the bell and is located outside the door. Video call is activated by pressing a button. Depending on the design and cost, this equipment can perform various functions:
- Sound the room;
- carry out automatic photographing of visitors;
- visual control of the space in front of the door;
- allows you to have a conversation through the built-in microphone.
If we talk about more complex models, then with their help you can:
- turn on infrared light in the dark period of time;
- record video when motion sensor is triggered;
- monitor all the space near the door via the Internet;
- include answering machine in the absence of the owners of the apartment.
No matter how many features a video call has, it has a common construction for all models.
Any video call consists of a number of basic elements:
- invoice panel that hosts the call button and camera. Some manufacturers install a microphone and a speaker on their models. This provides two-way communication between the owner of the apartment and the visitor;
- control panel on which the screen is located. This may be a fixed or mobile device. The choice of control type depends entirely on the communication used;
- batteries (batteries, rechargeable battery or adapter);
- link. This may be a special connecting cable. If the transmission method is wireless, then the model uses an integrated receiver / transmitter.
If a video call has a more advanced set of functions, then additional elements are included in its design.
The modern market offers a large number of models, both domestic and foreign manufacturers. The differences in them are in the technical characteristics and cost. You can buy a video call in a low-cost budget solution, the design of which uses a black-and-white video camera and a monitor of the appropriate type. The connection between these elements is carried out by a special cable.
The main types of video calls:
- wireless. In such models, data transfer occurs through the use of Wi-Fi, GSM communications or radio. This equipment is characterized by comfort of use and ease of installation;
- video eyes. This equipment is installed on the door leaf instead of the standard peephole. At the same time, it can photograph a visitor and transmit messages. If necessary, additional devices can be connected to it;
- complex systems. In such equipment, manufacturers combine the functions of intercom and video calls. These models are equipped with motion sensors, special infrared illumination for the dark time of the day, automatic video activation mode. They can send messages to the owner, establish a telephone connection with him, etc. Quite often, such systems are used in large warehouses and industrial facilities.
Note! If you plan to buy a video call to the apartment of the budget option, then you need to consider that this model will perform only basic functions.
Thanks to the active development of IT technologies, it became easier to buy a video door call with a large number of functions than some time ago. A modern device at a low price can be connected to Wi-Fi and keep video recording of visitors.
Today, video calls allow you to record small videos and save them in the archive. At the same time, to activate the recording function, it is not necessary to press the call button – it is enough to trigger the motion sensor.
The presence in the design of the module Wi-Fi allows a wireless connection to the Internet. This feature allows the owner to monitor the state around the apartment, even while being from it for many kilometers.
Many video calls have a built-in GSM module. This allows the device to provide the connection of the visitor with the owner of the house by means of mobile communication or send SMS or MMS.
Manufacturers offer two types of design solutions: wireless and wired. The difference between these two species is quite significant. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Wireless connection type allows you to install in a convenient place for the owner. A small transmitter, built into the inside of the outer panel, transmits a signal over a considerable distance. That is why this type is most often chosen for themselves by the owners of country houses. It is convenient to install them on gates and gates. After talking with the visitor, the owner simply press a button and the door will open.
The wired type is set based on the length of the cable. It has a low cost. Most often, the wired type is mounted in apartments.
Quite often, the owners of standard city apartments are invited to install a video eye. This equipment has all the necessary functions. At the same time, it differs in compact size and low cost, and it is mounted directly on the front door. When used, a video peephole records all who ring the doorbell. It provides the function of sending MMS to the owner’s phone or another device specified in the settings.
A GSM module built into the equipment allows you to program the distribution of messages to several devices. The described functions have, for example, a video call The era of domestic production.
Quite often, manufacturers equip video call models with an answering machine function. Such a device at the touch of a button informs the visitor that the owners are currently not at home. In addition, it will offer to leave a message after the beep.
There are devices that can establish a telephone connection between the guest and the host. In this case, the video call plays the role of a kind of mobile phone.
A number of models involves the connection of an additional video camera. In this case, the owner of an apartment or house gets the opportunity for more expanded control over the surrounding area.
Note! The latter option is especially relevant for owners of country and private houses. Connecting multiple cameras to a video call allows full control of the entire perimeter of the site.
Select a video call to the apartment must be based on several criteria. Among them should be highlighted:
- required functionality. This criterion has an impact on cost. Quite often, well-known companies overestimate the cost of equipment, and the client has to pay extra for the brand. At the same time, there are a large number of types of video calls on the door, the price of which differs in availability. They have the same set of features as expensive options;
- material used;
- method of signal transmission;
- availability of additional functions.
Among domestic manufacturers is to provide company Era. Video call “Hi” combines excellent design, affordable price and versatility. This system can be used instead of the peephole. It has fully self-powered power, two AA batteries are enough for operation. According to reviews, the Era “Hello” video call is a product in which the best price-quality ratio is combined.
The modern market offers a large variety of options for surveillance systems: from simple video peep to complex video calls, additionally equipped with cameras and motion sensors. Which of them will ensure the safety of the apartment or house – the owner decides on his own. The only point to remember when choosing equipment is that the price does not always indicate a great potential or excellent quality of the product. Domestic video calls have long been no worse than their Western counterparts.