Exterior roller shutters on the door – this is a modern protective system that allows you to protect the room from unauthorized access. This design can additionally perform aesthetic functions. Doors equipped with such a system have a neat appearance and can be an additional protection from any weather.
External roller blinds on the door: the advantages
Roller shutters are a convenient and practical barrier for intruders. Installation on the door of such a modern system has a number of advantages, they are:
- protect the room from unplanned penetrations;
- have excellent sound insulation;
- easy to operate;
- undemanding in care;
- protect entrance doors from precipitation;
- transform the appearance of the facade.
The versatility of such systems allows them to be installed on any door structures from a private residential building to industrial storage facilities. They can equip shops, garages and other buildings.
In appearance, exterior roller blinds resemble blinds. Most often, they are made of metal plates that are raised and lowered along special guides. When you open the entire canvas neatly rolled into a roll and does not interfere with the passage.
The mechanism for lifting the entire system is located in the box, which is placed directly above the doorway. The whole system includes:
- the cloth made of horizontal metal laths – slats;
- guides, lifting and lowering the blade;
- a box in which the rolleta rolled up;
- the shaft that performs the movement of roller shutters;
- control system.
Modern exterior roller blinds on the door have many varieties. They can be divided by type of material into steel and aluminum. Shutters can also differ in:
- the width and thickness of the slats (lamellae);
- weight of the finished design;
- management option.
The main purpose of the door roller blinds – reliable protection against burglary, so the use of durable steel profile in their production is more than appropriate. A high-quality powder coating is applied to the galvanized steel slats, protecting the metal from corrosion and significantly increasing the service life and operation of the entire system. Due to this coating, the profile surface can be made smooth or structural.
Another positive feature of the steel profile is the possibility of filling it with polyurethane foam. Houses equipped with such rolling systems receive additional protection against the penetration of cold in the frosty season and an excellent barrier against heat in summer.
Which door to the apartment to choose: aesthetics and security. Materials, locking devices, accessories. What criteria need to be considered when choosing a reliable door to the apartment.
Aluminum is also used for the production of exterior roller blinds on the door. Such designs for a long time retain their original appearance and have excellent sun protection and sound insulation properties. Since the weight of such systems is much less, for controlling them it is possible to use low power engines.
Modern roller blinds can have several different drives that open and close the system:
- belt mechanism – in this case, the canvas is lifted using a special tape that is wound on the cochlea. With this control, you can lift the fabric weighing up to 15 kg;
- collar drive – this sample is driven by a special collar, which is connected via a cardan shaft with a gearbox. The process of opening and closing is quite easy and is carried out by the handle. The maximum weight of the structure at the same time can not exceed 36 kg;
- inertia spring – This method provides ease of opening. The spring itself is located in the cavity of the shaft on which the metal web is rolled;
- cable reducer – management of such rolls is quite simple. Such a mechanism is capable of lifting weights weighing up to 55 kg;
- electric drive – This is the most expensive, but the most effective way to control the external roller blinds on the door. In this embodiment, the opening-closing is carried out with a key switch or using the remote control. Such a mechanism allows lifting webs of almost any weight.
Important! The door leaf, the opening of which is equipped with rolling shutters, should open in the direction opposite to the roller shutter.
Depending on the placement of the box, the installation of the shutters can be:
In the first case, no additional preparation of slopes is required. The box is placed above the doorway on the outside of the door, and the guides are mounted on two sides. Thus, the roller shutters almost completely close the doorway and are flush with the wall. With built-in installation, the box is placed in the opening niche, and for the combined one, its special preparation is required.
For installation of roller shutters, first of all it is necessary to perform a penalty for the location of controls. If you plan to install a mechanism that works with the help of an electric motor and a conventional cord, then the depth and width of the notch should be about 12 mm. When using cardan control – about 22 mm. Also, holes are made to fix the frame.
After preparing the necessary channel is installed box. With the help of the levels, its position is determined, then mounted on the prepared tires and to the wall.
Important! When attaching the box you need to monitor the uniformity of fixation. The slightest bias will lead to problems in the work of roller shutters.
After that installation of guides and controls is carried out. After the end of the frame assembly, the web itself is installed. If you plan to install the external roller shutters on the door with your own hands, then you should use the attached instructions to avoid inaccuracies and errors.