This article discusses such decorative objects as partitions for zoning space in a room: the classification of products based on the material of manufacture and the main types of structures, the specificity and rules for their use, as well as the technology for self-manufacturing partitions in the home and spectacular photos of the successful use of decorative structures in the interior.
Partitions for zoning the space in the room: features and advantages of the structures
Personal space is not a luxury, but a necessity. In some cases, it is easier to buy a partition for zoning the space in a room than building walls. The use of such structures allows not only to isolate a certain part of the room, but also to visually divide the space into several zones.
Partitions are considered by modern designers and designers as the best way to zoning rooms. The use of such structures in the layout can be effective not only in large premises, but also in apartments with limited space.
Thanks to an extensive range of modern market, consumers can buy a partition for zoning, made of various materials. Moreover, the raw material for the manufacture of decorative structures is different not only for its performance properties, but also for its external characteristics. Due to this, you can achieve an interesting and unusual design of the room. Numerous photos of partitions for zoning the space in the room confirm this.
The advantages of partitions depend largely on the properties of the material from which they are made. For example, brick constructions are considered the most durable. Photos of decorative plasterboard partitions reflect only external characteristics of products. However, these designs are the lightest of the stationary zoning options. Glass models allow you to view the space behind them.
Helpful advice! The performance properties of materials can be a deterrent and a source of weaknesses. For example, it is not recommended to purchase wooden products for installation in rooms with high humidity levels. These rooms include a kitchen and a bathroom. And in the nursery to buy a partition for zoning, made of durable materials, will be the best solution, since fragile glass can cause injury.
Advantages of partitions:
- the formation of an isolated area in the room is the best option for a nursery in which several children live;
- the possibility of interior design using different styles – the presence of different directions of design will not hurt the eyes;
- correction of room layout with irregular shape or imperfections;
- visual enlargement of space in a small room – certain types of partitions allow you to visually expand the boundaries of the room (mirror designs);
- the possibility of re-planning a large studio in several rooms without the cost of installing capital walls;
- decorative interior decoration.
Some variants of partitions for zoning rooms occupy a lot of space. But this does not prevent them from becoming the main accent in the interior.
In the network you can find many photos of partitions for zoning in the room. Before selecting a material and a specific model, it is worth considering the structural features of these products.
- light transmission ability (products can be translucent or deaf, i.e. not transmit light);
- structure (the surface can be solid or have openwork cuts, hollow niches);
- the form;
- installation features (on the floor, suspended partitions, there are even models that are mounted on the wall or on top of furniture).
Helpful advice! It is better to immediately determine the final design of the structure and the whole room. The plasterboard partition for room zoning can be adjusted to the required parameters, and the forged product at home can no longer be redone.
For multifunctional premises and small apartments, it is best to buy a decorative partition for zoning a room with a mobile structure. In such conditions, the interior may vary depending on the needs. Installation of the structure does not imply fixation on the wall, ceiling or in the floor area. Mobile partition is equipped with a wide frame or frame base, independently holding the weight of the entire product.
Wall murals that expand the space in the design of a modern apartment. How to choose a wallpaper that expands the space for each of the rooms. Which image looks best on the wall of a small room. Photo wallpaper in a modern interior.
Frameless or built-in partitions do not allow to change the interior. This type of construction is suitable for durable overhaul.
If there is a need to constantly operate with space, it is better to choose a sliding structure for zoning a room with a partition. The basis of such products is the principle of action wardrobes. Depending on the model, the design can be single or double.
A sliding partition can also be made independently by purchasing a railing mechanism and the required number of rollers of the appropriate size. But the easiest way is to simply buy a decorative partition for zoning the space in the room, if the store has a product made in the necessary style.
In order to save space, you can purchase a folding partition with compact dimensions. Such designs are revealed as an accordion.
Note! There are transformable partitions for the separation of space in the room. They combine the features of sliding and folding designs. If necessary, a transformable partition can be folded or pushed.
Products differ not only by type of design, but also by the material of manufacture. The structure of the light partitions for zoning a room is in many ways similar to the doors installed in wardrobes. Fabric patterns resemble curtains on the windows.
The range of the modern market is diverse, so before you buy a decorative partition for zoning a room, you need to carefully consider which model will be the most convenient and suitable.
Be sure to consider the area of the room where the partition will be installed, as well as the level of illumination. In spacious rooms with a high level of natural lighting, obtained by a large number of windows, you can install any model. For rooms of small size it is better to select mobile, transparent and light screens.
There are universal models. For example, you can buy partition racks for zoning rooms of different sizes. They do not impose restrictions on the style of the interior and are great for storing things.
The purpose of the room also influences the choice of design. Taking into account the increased humidity for the bathroom and kitchen, it is worth buying products made of moisture-resistant materials. For the living room fit the original, stylish and solemn modifications.
Constructions made of wood are lightweight. Especially it concerns modular or frame options. The installation process does not cause difficulties and is simplified as much as possible in comparison with other versions of products. Partitions made of wood can effectively delimit the space of the room, while not overloading the floor and not requiring the installation of additional fittings.
Helpful advice! Designers recommend using wood-based partitions in modern studios and lofts. This type of material will perfectly fit into the interior design of the room in eco style.
The advantages of wooden structures:
- environmental friendliness, lack of toxic compounds;
- partitions allow the assembly of panel and modular elements with any type of configuration;
- the material is easy to process, so you can make a unique carved partition for zoning a room, which can be opened with a varnish compound, paint, or decorated with interesting prints;
- easy to repair or replace.
Disadvantages of wooden partitions:
- Mandatory processing of material with antifungal and protective agents against mold and fire;
- vulnerability to moisture and temperature changes;
- additional sound insulation is required;
- The material is fire hazardous, therefore, if electrical wiring is laid inside the frame part of the partition, this system needs reinforced insulation.
Most often for the manufacture of partitions used pine (the budget option), beech, maple, ash. Veneer of contrasting shades, braid or mirror is used as a decorative addition. There are models made with the use of MDF, lamellar beam, chipboard, floorboard, decorative panels and laminate.
Partitions made of plastic are considered as a successful and very convenient design move. In fact, this method of dividing the living space was borrowed from shopping centers and office space.
The advantages of plastic structures:
- the convenience of use;
- modern and stylish design;
- zoning costs without the use of draperies, curtains and other elements that accumulate dust and contribute to the occurrence of allergic reactions;
- the minimum thickness of the glass makes it possible to manufacture structures of small thickness, so that you can get a significant savings in space;
- extensive choice in terms of design. Buyers can order individual design of the partition with a matte or glossy surface.
Note! Openwork partitions for zoning a room can be a full decoration in the interior. Such structures can be made not only of plastic, but also of wood, as well as metal (forging method).
Plastic constructions with a tinted or transparent surface can be found on sale. Moreover, transparency can be full or partial. Thanks to such an extensive choice, a plastic-based partition can serve as a full-fledged wall or to divide space temporarily.
Designers include glass partitions to modern methods of zoning rooms. These designs were borrowed into residential interiors from restaurants, offices, shopping centers and hotels. To date, partitions made of glass, have become a familiar element of the interior. Innovative technologies used in manufacturing have increased the strength characteristics of the material. Due to this, the safety of using glass has increased significantly.
The advantages of glass partitions for zoning the space in the room:
- universality – the structures do not impose restrictions on the microclimate of the premises and can be installed in rooms with dry or humid air;
- resistance of the surface to various influences – fungi and mold cannot develop on glass, and mechanical action cannot seriously damage the material;
- compact size – thanks to the small dimensions of the partition glass can be installed even in a small and cramped room;
- safety – in contrast to ordinary glass, the material of the partitions is additionally reinforced, therefore, as a result of mechanical impact, its surface will be covered with cracks, and not broken into fragments;
- installation does not require registration of documents and obtaining permission, since the procedure for installing a glass partition does not apply to redevelopment of the room in the full sense of the word;
- visual increase in space – the transparent surface of the glass not only visually increases the area of the room, but also fills it with volume due to the reflection of light.
Helpful advice! With the help of photographs and drawings, you can make the design of a glass partition unique. Thanks to modern technology, images deposited on the surface for a long time are kept in perfect condition.
The most exquisite elements of the interior are forged products. Forged metal partitions provide ample opportunities with regard to design. These designs can be volumetric or flat. Such products are made individually, so their shape, size and decoration can be very diverse.
Advantages of metal structures:
- individual design;
- high decoration;
- Through patterns allow you to maintain the natural level of lighting in the room.
Disadvantages of metal decorative partitions in the room:
- high price;
- complex installation system, which will require the involvement of specialists;
- additional costs for installation services;
- big weight of a design;
- installation difficulties due to high weight (registration of the appropriate permission and documentation).
Photos of beautiful plasterboard partitions designed for zoning the space in the room are more common. This is due to the fact that drywall is affordable, it is perfectly treatable, allowing you to create light and beautiful designs of the most bizarre forms.
Advantages of drywall partition walls for zoning:
- in the process of production of gypsum sheets used natural raw material base, making the level of environmental products is very high;
- simple installation system that allows you to quickly repair the premises with your own hands;
- high level of fire safety – you can find drywall sheets that show resistance not only to fire, but also to the effects of high moisture (fire-resistant and moisture-resistant products);
- low weight allows you to install a decorative plasterboard partition, without fear that the structure will increase the load on the foundation part of the building or its interfloor overlaps;
- when wetted, the flexibility of the material increases, which allows you to create unusual curved structures with a complex design;
- fairly high level of noise insulation.
Helpful advice! Drywall has only one drawback – fragility. Therefore, care should be taken when transporting products, their cutting and installation.
In the photo, the design of plasterboard partitions looks diverse and unique. Despite this, all these products can be combined under one name – frame-sheathing structures. These objects are only visually similar to the capital and bearing walls, but in fact they are not. They have a purely decorative purpose.
For the manufacture of plasterboard partitions for zoning the space in the room, you can use sheets (gypsum plasterboard) of various thickness. Designs with double-skinned trimming allow you to vary the design with additional elements:
- niches that can be used as shelves;
- bio fireplace;
- wardrobe compartment, etc.
Due to their low weight, products can be mounted anywhere. In the network in the photo of drywall partitions for zoning a room there are designs with curvilinear shapes, openwork slits and even built-in appliances. These decorative objects can even be used to symbolically hint at the boundaries between the zones of a room. For example, in the combined bathrooms, a bath or shower is separated from the installation area of the toilet bowl.
Gypsum board has universal technical characteristics that allow for the installation of partitions in various premises:
- in the bedroom are separated work area and a place to rest;
- in the bathroom, the toilet is separated from the rest of the room;
- in the kitchen, combined with the living room or dining room, installation of the structure is carried out in order to limit a certain area from unpleasant odors;
- in the living room combined with loggia.
Note! Installation of partitions for zoning rooms with their own hands should be carried out in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Depending on the design, the technology may have differences, but for all partitions the procedure is common:
- marking up. This will require a tamping level, with which the marking lines are applied to the walls, floor and ceiling. It is recommended to use the building level to control actions;
- horizontal guide profiles are prepared for installation. A sound-insulating tape is glued over them, after which the elements are fixed to the ceiling and floor with dowels by marking. Step fastener placement – 50 cm;
- vertical (rack) guides are placed on the markup in increments of 60 cm. The first element is fixed tightly against the supporting wall. To keep the construction stable, it is recommended that vertical profiles be placed with an overlap of at least 2 cm horizontal. For fixing, it is better to use self-tapping screws that have a flat cap.
The finished frame is sheathed gypsum in a checkerboard pattern. It is better to outline the layout of the sheets. Fastening of the casing is carried out using self-tapping screws (step – 20-30 cm) with an indent from the edge of the sheet 10-15 mm
The most functional modification can be considered a double-sided partition-partition for dividing a room, having facades on both sides.
The structural structure of the cabinet in this case can be very diverse:
- clothes storage sections;
- bed (at the bottom);
- extra bed (in the upper part);
- laundry baskets;
- through passage.
Helpful advice! In small rooms it is better to install a narrow cabinet with a linear body. For the rear part of the structure, you can buy a partition-partition for a room with an angular type of accommodation or complete it with open shelves.
To open the swing door does not need a lot of space, but a through-wardrobe or equipped with a sliding sash will provide maximum savings in usable space. In the area near the window, you can equip the living room, and on the other half to equip the bedroom. To provide a room for sleeping with an adequate level of illumination, you can equip the partition with LED lamps.
Some models of both wardrobes and room partition racks allow you to install a TV inside. This is possible provided that the design has an empty section. If zoning of the children’s room is supposed, it is recommended to install a partition with “secrets” located near the window. For the cabinet fit cabinet designed for storing books.
On sale you can find designs with a height of a regular cabinet or up to the ceiling itself. In any case, the weight of the product will be large, so it is better to take additional measures to consolidate. Fasteners made of metal should be used.
If the room does not allow to install a closet due to the small area or due to low ceilings, it would be better to buy a partition partition for a room that needs zoning.
Advantages of partitions in the form of a rack:
- laconic design – the product has a simple structure consisting of shelves fixed on rails. Due to this simplicity, the rack can be made independently, because the price of the necessary materials is not so high, and the assembly will require a minimum set of tools (screwdriver or screwdriver);
- versatility – if you want to create in the room isolated with a seeming space, suitable rack in the entire height of the room. Partial division of the area by a partition into half height is allowed. There are more interesting options when zoning a room with the help of steps that only hint at the separation;
- functionality – the rack is suitable for convenient storage of things, as the design allows you to take objects on both sides of the partition.
Helpful advice! Small items should be placed on the open shelves so that they do not clutter up the space.
The lower part of the rack can be used to place boxes and boxes with things that are usually stored in the closet. Semitransparent end-to-end designs provide only partial shading, so the room retains its volume.
Modern partitions are easily adapted to any direction of style in the design of the room. For example, for rooms in the high-tech style suitable shelves made of metal with a glossy surface, equipped with glass shelves. Constructions made of natural wood will look good in the style of eco or Provence.
Standard models consist of several racks between which shelves are located. Placing shelves can be right or chaotic. Only the side walls are solid, due to which the design looks equally attractive on each side.
A modern range allows you to buy racks for zoning rooms of different heights. For example, the height of the partition pedestal varies within 0.7-1.2 m. This design can simultaneously perform two useful functions: zoning a room without a hard separation and serve as storage space (in drawers). As a result, the living space remains intact, but at the same time zoned. And the lower the rack, the more freedom and light will be in the room.
Partition configurations are also varied. There are beautiful models in the form of an arch, decorated with zigzags and curved lines. Original look modifications on wheels. They are mobile and, if necessary, can be moved to any convenient place. To prevent accidental movement of the rack, special blockers are provided in the design.
An advantageous design solution will be the use of a partition as a stand for audio and video equipment. Most often, these techniques are used to separate the kitchen and living room. And the TV can be turned in both directions.
With the help of the rack divided hallway and living room. In this case, the main wall is removed, of course, if it is not carrying. In the lower part there are storage boxes, and the upper zone is best left empty or with minimal presence of objects.
The partition can be a convenient tool for organizing a children’s corner. Thus, in the parental bedroom, you can distinguish between the area for adults and children. The child will receive his own space for games, while he will always remain under the supervision of parents. Ideal option – a rack with doors that can be opened in both directions.
In the living room, a shelving unit will help to organize a secluded study or an area designed for relaxation. From the cabinet on the shelves you can put the printer, books, stationery.
Modern partitions offer many attractive design solutions that can be successfully beaten in both small and large rooms.