Sink for kitchen from stainless steel is considered along with a plate for cooking, as one of two main elements connected with the organization of food in a family. A well-chosen product will allow you to gently wash fruits, vegetables and other products. Used dishes can quickly lead to perfect cleanliness. The organization of kitchen space in the chosen style will not be difficult for the owner.
Sink for kitchen from stainless steel: advantages of use
Stainless steel kitchen sinks are used in most homes. Among the reasons for the choice of this particular option from among the manufacturers offered sinks, select the most significant ones:
- durability at relatively low cost;
- ease of installation, combined with the ability to fit the product in almost any style interior;
- availability of a wide range;
- compliance with hygiene requirements. The material does not contribute to the concentration of microorganisms;
- ease of maintenance.
- no damage will be caused by aggressive substances and corrosion;
- due to the elasticity, plasticity and strength of the material, mechanical damage by accidentally falling objects is excluded;
- the ability to withstand heat up to 1450? С makes it possible not to be afraid of damage caused by the action of boiling water or heated dishes;
- exposure to temperature extremes does not pose a threat to the material of the product;
- environmentally friendly design is easily recycled, can be recycled.
Note! The matt surface of some models of sinks is not only a design decision, but also additional protection against mechanical damage.
There are drawbacks to a stainless steel kitchen sink, which most consumers prefer to buy. These include:
- the desirability of grounding. In the modern kitchen will always be electrical appliances. Therefore, you should take care of security measures when dealing with a material with high electrical conductivity;
- the inevitable appearance of lime deposits. It is easy to get rid of the salt deposit that appears, wiping the surface dry after each use;
- The water beating against the sink produces a lot of noise, especially with a small thickness of the steel sheet. Famous manufacturers produce low-noise products using thick walls and installing rubber or plastic lining on the back of the design;
- thin-walled products are also inherent in the vibration of the mixer, shifting when the pressure changes, because the steel sheet is bent.
Own forces to cope with the noise is also possible. It is enough to put a layer of regular assembly foam on the back side of the sink bottom and allow it to dry for 24 hours.
Note! It is best to choose a sink with a remote control drain, then do not have to lower your hands in the dirty water to remove the plug.
Damage in the form of a steel surface deflection may occur when a heavy, pointed object falls. True, this scenario is extremely unlikely.
The sale of a quality product is accompanied by the provision of a passport, which necessarily contains a reference to the grade of steel used and the conformity of the steel grade to the Russian standard P 50851-96 or to the international standard ISO 9001.
The thickness of the sheet manufacturers set in a fairly wide range – from 0.4 mm to 1.2 mm. Make it from steel of such brands:
AISI304 (The marking may use other designations – 304 or 08Х18Н10). When purchasing a product manufactured by a European manufacturer, one may encounter such labeling options – (EN) 1.4301 or (DIN) X5CrNI18-10. In an alloy so labeled, the carbon content is assumed to be below 0.8%, the combination of chromium (18%) and nickel (about 8-10%) is considered ideal. This option is preferable, as they use special food steel. To buy a sink in the kitchen of stainless steel of this brand will have to pay a relatively large amount.
AISI204. Other marking – 204. Steel grade 204 is easier to handle, which affects its cost and the cost of products made from it. Buying a stainless steel sink brand 204, will be able to spend less money. It will serve not so long, because the alloy is much less chromium content, which provides strength. Even more important is the low nickel content, which provides resistance to corrosion processes.
The alloying of steel used in the manufacture of a wash has an effect on strength, ductility and anti-corrosion resistance, manifested in the characteristic gloss of the surface, which is easy to polish.
Hand note! Shells with a mirrored surface can be attributed to the class of “luxury” and, contrary to popular belief, caring for them is many times easier than for others.
Not very conscientious manufacturers of kitchen-stainless steel sinks are made of inferior quality steels that are intended only for technical use. When dealing with the material with Russian marking 12Х17Г9АН4 or European DIN – X8CrMnNi188, it should be understood that AISI202 steel is used. Therefore, it is quite possible that with time, traces of corrosion will appear in places of tension (bends or seams), the color will change, the surface will be covered with structural stains.
Therefore, you should not buy a stainless steel sink for the kitchen through an online store, but select it in a real shopping center so that you can be convinced of its quality not only by visual inspection. Namely: a magnet will help to understand that the structure is properly made from an alloy with suitable properties for use in kitchen properties. It is assumed that its sliding on the surface of the product should be unhindered. Sticking of the magnet to the vertical part of the structure unmistakably indicates the poor quality of the material used.
You can make a stainless steel sink by using one of two methods: welding or stamping. When deciding how to choose a sink for the kitchen, this aspect also has a certain value.
The manufacture of welded washers involves the connection of several parts. With the help of welds connect the bowl and base. The most problematic part of this design is precisely the welds, the place of which, with inadequate quality of performance, may eventually begin to flow. The cost of welded washers is much higher than stamped. The explanation lies in the advantages of using the possibilities of welding, much larger than when stamping:
- element-by-fabrication allows for greater flexibility in modeling in manufacturing, significantly improving the quality of both individual parts and the design as a whole;
- the use of steel sheet of greater thickness allows you to make the structure more durable, reliable and less noisy;
- in terms of depth, shape and size, finishing, the range of welded products is very diverse.
Processing the seams by polishing makes them completely invisible. Mortise sink of considerable depth for a large kitchen set, which can be applied at a catering enterprise, is made exclusively by welding.
Stamped car washes, devoid of welds, there is a place in the kitchen, where the use of the product in intense mode is not expected. Perform stamped design, using special machines. The use of solid steel sheet in a simplified process has a positive effect on cost. The disadvantages of the stamping method include the possibility of unequal surface thickness in case of violations of the performance technology. In addition, it will not be possible to obtain a product of sufficiently large size and depth due to limitations arising from the use of standard steel sheet.
For a long time, the depth of the bowl in the manufacture of washing by stamping did not exceed 150 mm. Now a number of manufacturers have managed to overcome this drawback by increasing the competitiveness of their own products.
One of the important factors influencing the choice of washing is the way it is intended to be installed.
Based on the installation method, kitchen sinks are:
- embedded or integrated;
Surface sinks are equipped with kitchen for Khrushchev with a sink in the corner.
Note! Cheap overhead washers are not equipped with mounts, and they need to be purchased separately. If you do without latches, the sink will move during use.
It is not difficult to mount the surface washer. It is placed on the floor bollard, replacing the tabletop. An important advantage of this design, in addition to elementary ease of installation and low cost, is the thickness of the steel sheet – not less than 1.0 mm. Connecting to the water supply is accompanied by the manifestation of the usual lack of such structures – moisture on the cabinet. Furniture can deteriorate rather quickly if you do not monitor the condition of the cracks.
Integrated sinks are kitchen sinks that are built into the countertop. The type of tabletop does not matter, but the installation is fraught with difficulties, in particular, with the execution of milling. The bowl, as a rule, is lowered below the table top. Built-in kitchen furniture design is quite expensive, redeeming it with the original appearance. Combine the integrated sink, as usual, with a table top, for the manufacture of which natural or artificial stone is used.
- dryer for washed dishes. Having fastened it on the relief surface, they allow the moisture flowing from the dishes to be in the sink;
- disposer The design, installed at the bottom of the drain, is intended to crush the waste that is found in it, with the exception of solid objects, hair and threads. Work dispenser provides electricity or water pressure. It becomes easier to wash the dishes, but you have to protect the device from getting into these unwanted items.
The variety of stainless steel sinks is such that you can pick up something suitable for the kitchen of any size, regardless of the style.